Reviews for A Love Born From Steel
Joetheone chapter 18 . 6/6/2006
Thanks for another wonderful chapter, you handled all the turmoil very well and you gave us a lot to think about. I sure hope that Hal did something with his will. Maybe not but maybe Tom and his sister will see that the boys really did an amazing thing making Hal's last months on this plane so perfect. I sure hope that fate lends a hand it sure has so far for them in finding each other then finding the farm and so forth. Joe
Lucise chapter 16 . 6/5/2006
I love this chapter!

It was so awesome to hear Ennis say: "Jack, I’m gay, and I’m gonna start sayin’ it as much as I say ‘I love you.’". That just warmed my heart immensely.

Interesting admission from Ennis about Hal and how he felt about him. Love the way Jack understands his man and how they are there for each other.

Great chapter! :) Thank you!
BBlvr chapter 17 . 6/4/2006
I read all the BBM stories and none has touched me in the way yours has. Thank you so much. It is so hard to put down, you have captured me in everyway. I can't stop reading once I start, you have a great gift. Please write more on this story as I can see so many great ways it could go...I need it! Also if your name implies that you are from Maine, so am I...Lewiston actually. Yeah! I live in SO California but I was born there, and you wouldn't want to piss off a Mainiac would you? HA! Please write some more or I'll definately be so very sad to have nothing more to read about Jack and Ennis. Thank you again for your beautiful words.

BBlvr
CadetBrujon chapter 17 . 5/30/2006
Good job as always, MaineWriter.

I was touched by the homey little detail about the soup and sandwiches.

I know it wasn't easy to do it, but the scene with the banker came off very well.
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 17 . 5/30/2006
Yeah, those bank people are like that. Damn you, Crocker!

But Ennis' spiritual lecture to Jack is great, and it's nice to see Ennis gradually standing tall in this wonderful story! And about Jack...don't worry, Jack, you and Ennis will be all right...
prairiecitygirl chapter 17 . 5/29/2006
Oh, what an unexpected surprise! Thank you for the update...I love this story. Someone had said that this is a "feel-good story", and I think they coined it right.

I was wondering when the "evil bank guy" would return...and such great timing on his part. Makes me wonder if Hal had something up his sleave earlier that might help Ennis and Jack out... Then again, one wonders about the community reaction to "the bank"s view of Ennis' and Jack's characters, after what they've done for Hal (your implied good-will toward E&J).

I'm enjoying reading a positive Ennis:

“Maybe the fantasy of this horse farm,” Ennis said, “but that doesn’t mean we can’t find somethin’ else. Yeah, we were lucky with this place, but that doesn’t mean we can’t be lucky again. Or maybe it’s not just luck.” He picked up Jack’s hands and looked closely in Jack’s eyes, “What I’ve learned this summer, Jack, is t’believe in myself. I ain’t ever believed in myself before and I ain’t ever got ahead before. But havin’ you lovin’ me has made me realize that I can do things—if we want to own a farm, or a ranch, or somethin’ else, we will.” He stopped, and gave Jack a smile.

I can't wait for your next update!
ellye chapter 17 . 5/29/2006
Why do I have a feeling they'll get the ranch anyway, cos Hal will leave it to Ennis or something? Either way I hope something positive happens so they can go back to that moron and tell him where he and LD can stick their loan!

This is a wonderful story. I hope we get to see the girls again soon, I loved the time they spent with Ennis and Jack.
rchglphpa chapter 17 . 5/29/2006
I am so loving how you are developing this story.

I feel like ennis right now too-I would love to punch that stupid narrowminded banker's lights out-but Ennis really is seeing the reality of them, and his honesty in sharing it with Jack is wonderful. They are each growing, together and within themselves.

Ennis esp. just astounded me, and jack with his insights about this. and life isn't fair, and when you swim upstream, you tend to hit bad currents sometimes, just one more thing they will have to work through. I like the positive about them maybe losing THIS horsefarm, but something else will come for them. Great thought.

LOVED ENNIS childhood story, almost made me cry too. nice background info.
katy chapter 17 . 5/29/2006
Oh, the last couple of chapters have really been difficult and sad. Hal dying, and now losing their ranch. But I like what Ennis said-doesn't matter because they are together. Could be interesting to see them set up somewhere else, or find a way to stay at the ranch. Either way I am hooked!
Julkie H.M. Vognar-julie01 chapter 17 . 5/29/2006
I had to laugh-the only time in this chapter-about the tuna and cheese sandwiches, cause you were cooking them when I called you (or you said you were), so that was funny as hell.

Wouldn't it be fun to cut Crocker up in little pieces, and hang 'em, and cure 'em? Reminded me a little of-never mind; he went ON and ON and ON. These guys who tuirn you down for something like that-thery ALL seem to take pleassure in it, real pleasure..

It was interesting the way the two of them reacted to the news: Ennis going to work, and Jack trying to get drunk-sort oi veering away from each other. But Ennis fixed it. Good ol' E...

I keep thinking how different they are, from what they were-well, of course they're different. How could it be otherwise?

hey-look ma, no sex...

Great chapter.
blackhatnbeard chapter 17 . 5/29/2006
So Hal's and Jack's love has really changed Ennis. It is beautiful to see him come into his own and leave his self-hatred behind. What a lovely lovely chapter. I had a feeling the S&L wasn't going to come through-damn L.D. Newsome. But this is as much an opportunity has it is a problem. Jack's much smarter than he realizes and with Ennis behind him I thnk they will figure something out. And who knows what fate might bring their way. Ennis has reset the priorities-if they are together, its good-period. The rest they will work out. What a blessing for them both.

Loved Jack's words about Ennis' mom. And I adored the soup and sandwich reminding him of some happy times in his youth. What a terrific moment.

You keep this bond between them growing in the ether to such a point that it has become a real presence and becomes a character in and of itself. What an accomplishment. Bravo!
rchglphpa chapter 16 . 5/28/2006
OH man this was a strong chapter. I still am teared up.

I am glad that hal got to go on a rainbow, brilliant touch.

And I loved the conversation with J/E-too, and Ennis putting his pinched cig butt in his pocket-great touch.

this was an emotional but necessary ride, and you did a great job with it. excellent read.
prairiecitygirl chapter 15 . 5/28/2006
I'm a member of 2 different brokeback livejournal communites: wranglers and brokebackslash. I hope you don't mind that I had posted that your story updated...it's a wonderful fic, and I just wanted to mention it in case someone hasn't found it yet.
prairiecitygirl chapter 16 . 5/27/2006
[sniff]...hope I'll stop crying soon. That was a very nice exit for Hal.

So, do we get to meet Tom's wife and sister? (I'm assuming you'll be writing a bit about the funeral/wake.) The funeral could put the spotlight on Jack and Ennis, more so than what they've experienced. And the town's reaction to them...hm.

And I wonder when the banking loan officer makes a re-appearance...and what plot twist you'll come up with there. And I'm sure Alma has more to say...

Can't wait to read more!
A Horse Called Hwin chapter 16 . 5/27/2006
(Sigh) Hal still left in the end...but at least he died peacefully and probably content. And I think Ennis was lucky to have Jack by his side.

By the way, great chapter as ever!
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »