Reviews for One Step Behind
Aileil chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Thank you for showing this progression in his character, so few people see it. I think you saw it even clearer than I ever did. This story is absolutely beautiful. (for what it's worth, Five was always my favorite) :).
Sh4d0wc4t chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
can you complete this? or update it to include the latest happenings to the doctor?
i think this is really clever!
X-I-L2048 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I like introspective pieces and this one was quite good. I think it’s actually the first Doctor Who fanfic I ever read. I enjoyed how the Tenth Doctor sees himself throughout all his incarnations, what he like and what he could have done better, how that influenced his next self, and how much his companions meant to him. My favorite sections were the Fifth and Eighth’s ones. They and the Tenth are my faves. And as another review said, I wonder what Eleven thinks of Ten now. Thanks for writing! :)
Phantom Dennis chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
The last line takes on a new Irony for the post-"Journey's End" stories. No doubt the 11th doctor has his own ideas of what went wrong with the 10th.
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
What a wonderful exploration of the different incarnations!
123-321 chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
aww i liked it! great job!
JJ Rust chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Really good. This really shows a lot of the Doctor's faults like we've never seen before. I like how you make it where the Doctor tries to make up for his mistakes with each incarnation, but just seems to make more mistakes. Excellent job giving us a whole new dimension of our favorite Time Lord.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Great story!
Elz Durden chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Hey there! I just started watching Dr Who, the new series and even though I've wiki-ed my heart out trying to understand what happened in the old series, I never really was able to relate to who the Doctor was before.

Your piece was a great help fleshing him out a bit and I find myself badly wanting to obtain the older series. He sounds amazing the way you painted him.

Cheers for the great piece!
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
I LIKE it! :-)
dawn2dusk chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Awesome, for many reasons. One I love how you summed up each doctor and made the connection between each one. Your explanation for the different personalities that show forth in each regen is perfect. Second, beautiful writing. Everything flows and captures alot of feeling. Finally, I am not a Dr. Who fanatic, I've really only seen the 4th Dr. and then the latest one so I was kinda confused about where this latest dr was coming from. Now I understand.
jedi sandra kenobi chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
This is wonderful! I salute you (waves lightsaber in the air) Nice one!
Kazzy chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
A lovely trip through the Doctor's psyche and his relationship to his companions, and the effects they have on him.

Great stuff!
morph chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
I'm not very familiar with the past Doctors, but from what I do know, you hit them right on the mark. LOVE your description of the 5th Doctor. The 9th Doctor's bit, being "my" Doctor, really struck a chord with me though. Only one word can sum this up: fantastic. :D
eeveekitty85 chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Hm. I really did like that, I liked it a lot. I agree with most of it and you've perhaps enlightened me to things I didn't know about. Not sure however about the Tenth Doctor getting it right...I don't think he ever will...but isn't that what we all love about him? - Good fic though.