Reviews for Dragon Days
Anya is Gone chapter 8 . 6/14/2006
I really liked this chapter. It gets down to the nitty gritty, how Alianne is feeling guilt and yet at the same time she doesn't seem regretful. Keep going!
Caladria101 chapter 8 . 6/9/2006
Very good chapter (as always). May be I would have liked a little more introspective take from Tarrie's POV, eg consequences for her, but there again maybe thats better left for another chapter when the immediate action is over. Also a very nice take on the new rider's dilemma when they're still trying to have "normal" relationships before dragonrider morality was the norm for them. Hopefully more involvement of David next chapter? Would love to see the two of them face to face dealing with what happened.
Biter of Ankles chapter 8 . 6/8/2006
Very nice :) it was great to be able to read more! Keep on going!

-Aiko
Maiyri-Omega chapter 8 . 6/8/2006
That was a really good, yet really sad chapter. I could feel the energy and emotion in it!

You're a great writer!
Kitsuneko chapter 8 . 6/7/2006
Geez, I feel so sorry for Alianne and Chereth. :/ Very interesting and well-written story you have here.
Eminempern chapter 8 . 6/7/2006
I'll be reviewing this chapter as I read...

Ah... After Tarrie says "It's... complicated" there's no period. Typo/ffdotnet error!

Hm... "'Here.' she said." Shouldn't it be: "'Here,' she said." With a comma?

I like Alianne's reaction so far...

What's with the extra paragraph here:

"Faranth says the left wing hurts most. Is that right,

Alianne?'" Shouldn't the 'Alianne' be on the same paragraph?

Ooh, not again! *Impression* of dragons is capitalized, right? Not impression - Impression. Right? Sorry. One of my pet peeves.

OK: Overall, I liked the theme of the chapter. It shows how the attitude of the Weyr toward relationships (could have) developed. You're a fantastic writer!

I can't wait to read the next chapters!
GreyKing chapter 8 . 6/7/2006
Well worth the wait, a great chapter. I was so worried you might have stopped writing this, great news that you have 9/10/11 already written.

I'm so used to the established dragonrider morals/lifestyle that I never really thought about the emotional, and relationship aftermath for the first dragonriders.
Xany chapter 8 . 5/25/2006
This seems to be the only Pern fic on ff.n worth reading. Keep it up.
rogyaeger chapter 8 . 5/15/2006
I don't see anything here that is out of line - if you are old enough to read and understand the mating ritual from the original series, then you understand what is going on here.

But, I agree, it is difficult to write it out, without giving it away.

I think you've got an excellent story, and I hope that you finish it soon.

Thanks for all of your words!

Roger
Tracey chapter 8 . 5/10/2006
First time reviewer in this particular fandom, but I'm not complaining!

I love your story so far. I've often wondered how they dealt with the first mating flights.

You've done a great job with characterization, by the way. :) Sorka's one of my favorites, too. Lovely job!

I may not venture onto other fanfic stories about Pern, but I'll certainly keep tabs on yours! Thanks!
mmc chapter 8 . 5/6/2006
good story please continue writing
Lerys chapter 8 . 5/3/2006
Another very good chapter, just one small mistake i picked up on, this line: "Mind you, it make me wonder... just how much our emotional turmoil affects our dragons, and vice versa." Probably should be makes, or made me wonder. Very good though. Write again soon, please!
comettail35 chapter 8 . 5/1/2006
clever way to walk the line there, of canon.

made a great study break, that's for sure!
Caladria101 chapter 7 . 5/1/2006
Just found it and really enjoying it. Just one thing from the suspense POV - we already know that Polenth and Chereth are mentioned by name in books later in the timeline - so unless you're going AU they have to be at least alive (and Polenth is still a fully flying dragon) at the end of this.
Anya is Gone chapter 7 . 4/25/2006
This story is very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before. You convey the riders' anxiety over the impending mating very well, and the mating flight itself was well done. McCaffrey never wrote from the perspective of the loser, so it was neat to see what happens to the bronze and rider who don't get the queen and the lady.
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »