Reviews for Dragon Days
Maiyri-Omega chapter 8 . 6/8/2006
That was a really good, yet really sad chapter. I could feel the energy and emotion in it!

You're a great writer!
Kitsuneko chapter 8 . 6/7/2006
Geez, I feel so sorry for Alianne and Chereth. :/ Very interesting and well-written story you have here.
Eminempern chapter 8 . 6/7/2006
I'll be reviewing this chapter as I read...

Ah... After Tarrie says "It's... complicated" there's no period. Typo/ffdotnet error!

Hm... "'Here.' she said." Shouldn't it be: "'Here,' she said." With a comma?

I like Alianne's reaction so far...

What's with the extra paragraph here:

"Faranth says the left wing hurts most. Is that right,

Alianne?'" Shouldn't the 'Alianne' be on the same paragraph?

Ooh, not again! *Impression* of dragons is capitalized, right? Not impression - Impression. Right? Sorry. One of my pet peeves.

OK: Overall, I liked the theme of the chapter. It shows how the attitude of the Weyr toward relationships (could have) developed. You're a fantastic writer!

I can't wait to read the next chapters!
GreyKing chapter 8 . 6/7/2006
Well worth the wait, a great chapter. I was so worried you might have stopped writing this, great news that you have 9/10/11 already written.

I'm so used to the established dragonrider morals/lifestyle that I never really thought about the emotional, and relationship aftermath for the first dragonriders.
Xany chapter 8 . 5/25/2006
This seems to be the only Pern fic on ff.n worth reading. Keep it up.
rogyaeger chapter 8 . 5/15/2006
I don't see anything here that is out of line - if you are old enough to read and understand the mating ritual from the original series, then you understand what is going on here.

But, I agree, it is difficult to write it out, without giving it away.

I think you've got an excellent story, and I hope that you finish it soon.

Thanks for all of your words!

Roger
Tracey chapter 8 . 5/10/2006
First time reviewer in this particular fandom, but I'm not complaining!

I love your story so far. I've often wondered how they dealt with the first mating flights.

You've done a great job with characterization, by the way. :) Sorka's one of my favorites, too. Lovely job!

I may not venture onto other fanfic stories about Pern, but I'll certainly keep tabs on yours! Thanks!
mmc chapter 8 . 5/6/2006
good story please continue writing
Lerys chapter 8 . 5/3/2006
Another very good chapter, just one small mistake i picked up on, this line: "Mind you, it make me wonder... just how much our emotional turmoil affects our dragons, and vice versa." Probably should be makes, or made me wonder. Very good though. Write again soon, please!
comettail35 chapter 8 . 5/1/2006
clever way to walk the line there, of canon.

made a great study break, that's for sure!
Caladria101 chapter 7 . 5/1/2006
Just found it and really enjoying it. Just one thing from the suspense POV - we already know that Polenth and Chereth are mentioned by name in books later in the timeline - so unless you're going AU they have to be at least alive (and Polenth is still a fully flying dragon) at the end of this.
Anya is Gone chapter 7 . 4/25/2006
This story is very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before. You convey the riders' anxiety over the impending mating very well, and the mating flight itself was well done. McCaffrey never wrote from the perspective of the loser, so it was neat to see what happens to the bronze and rider who don't get the queen and the lady.
cathrl chapter 7 . 4/24/2006
This is classy stuff. Very much like the original in style, good pacing, good characterisation, zero technical errors. This is too good for my ability to write concrit, I'm afraid.

One little nitpick - "fucking" jarred. I can't remember whether they've developed any Pernese swearwords by this point, but I found that one a bit too real-world. It's not the swearing as such, just the modern-day reverberations of that particular word.

Very much looking forward to more of this. You've created a serious "oh no" factor for those of us who remember all those frantic warnings to future generations about only blooding the kill...
Lerys chapter 7 . 4/18/2006
Yet again great, i got a little confised about exactly what was happening towards the end of this chapter, however i think that it will be explained in the next chapter. Post more soon, please!
GreyKing chapter 7 . 4/9/2006
Chereth ate rather than blooded her kill, I guess we are going to find this to be significant. As soon as Chereth awoke I flashed back to the istructions Lessa was given when Ramoth first rose, and thought that theose instructions must have been bought with hard won experience.

Excellent couple of chapters there. I must admit that I'm too caught up in the story to really notice any punctuation errors or lack of capitalisation. When you have finished I'm going to print Dragon Days out, bind it, and add it to my Anne McCaffrey bookshelf. Thanks for an excellent story.
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »