Reviews for Dragon Days
Kexia chapter 26 . 9/24/2011
I just came across this story a few days ago and have finally finished it. I absolutely loved it! You did a fantastic job of capturing Pern's characteristics.
Ashes of Chaos chapter 26 . 8/3/2011
Great job! You wrote this just like I imagine Anne McCafrey would write it! In fact, I forgot some times that it wasn't her! Good luck with other stories, fellow Harper!
Musing Feather chapter 26 . 5/2/2011
I loved this story. I haven't fully read the books that are on either side of this but I've got a vague grasp of their contents, so I was still able to keep up with this. It was definitely interesting to see someone's take on the first mating flights and clutches. I found the chapter with Chereth's flight to be insanely confusing when it came to the flight, perhaps that's how you intended it but I personally found the lack of clarity irritating (I'm not big on being left with questions in books/movies etc). I was able to look past it though, cause I seriously just loved the rest of this fanfic. -sings more high praises- :D
Pesti chapter 26 . 4/27/2011
This is a great story, really tackling many of the issues the early riders (and other colonists) would have had to deal with. I like Tarrie very much and think she deserves better than Otto, please! I like your take on David, too-he's lost so much and has been so damaged that even having Polenth isn't a total cure for it all. He's a great person, though, and deserves the high esteem he came to be held in.
Pern Dreamer chapter 26 . 10/2/2010
This is a wonderful story! If I could have cradled it my lap in my easy chair, I would certainly have believed it written by Anne McCaffrey herself.

Thank you for filling in a very important piece of Pern's history!
Liz chapter 26 . 7/19/2010
Beautifully written to the Master's standard. Thank-you for exploring the nuances of negotiating life from hold to weyr for the first time.
whiteraven93 chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
This is probably as close to McCaffrey's work as any fan is likely to get. It was absolutely wonderful! Considering the length and the complexity of the work itself, you made remarkably few (hardly any) errors. Well done.

Oh, and I particularly loved the ending...because it wasn't an ending; it allows for a future while still including a gentle fading from story back to reality.
sekkii chapter 26 . 2/25/2010
I really enjoyed this story ! It was so well written and the characters were incredibly believable ... Im going to read the rest of them now ! Brilliant !
Ara Drake chapter 26 . 11/11/2009
I wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I think you stayed very true to mccaffreys style of writing and her characters. I could truly see this story as a part of her universe. Well done!
titpuce86 chapter 26 . 9/5/2009
That was a great story! I really like it!

titpuce86
levans chapter 26 . 6/23/2009
I just finished reading your story on early pass.

I was confused at the end with a lack of clarity of which dragons had flown which queens.

That aside, I greatly enjoyed reading your epic story and found it to be most enjoyable. I only spotted two omitted word type of errors in the entire document.

I would have liked to see more of the charterers and how they were affected by thread, the overall experience.

Do you recall the cannon for the shortened name of a rider, during what year, or pass?

You have written a very nice story that was such fun to read. I had taken a ten year break from Mccaffrey, and was pleased to find that she had taken up the pen again with her son; how nice that others are allowed the same license in fanfic.

I would agree with you that the number of readers to critique ratio is rather low, and wish you luck in generating the reviews that will help you to become a better writer.

I really enjoyed your story.

Regards,

L.

(an author on ff too. For some reason I can never remember my pw and login to sign reviews, but if you are curious, you can see who I am-

Happy writing
pamdill chapter 23 . 4/7/2009
This is the best bit of Pern fanfiction I have read.

Could be mistaken for Anne McCaffrey work. please write some more.
SparklingSlayer chapter 26 . 2/4/2009
Ah, fabulous. I'd lost track of this story and found it again tonight; absolutely brilliant, but I still want more. Only thing was I got a little confused with some of the relationships and pairings of queens etc, so a "family tree" could be useful? I really enjoyed this, very well written and interesting, it really does shed some light on things that were glossed over or left out completely in the original books. A stunning piece of work and one of the best fanfictions of any genre that I've read. Congratulations.
Geo the Arch chapter 26 . 1/3/2009
This was a very pleasant surprise. In a very vauge overview, you were able to keep me spellbound while not repeating yourself. Another thing that tickled me was the way you played out the characters, as they are not your creations for the most part.

Drifting towards the technical aspect momentarily, spelling was fine as was grammer. I did note one or two words that were stuck together,though I don't recall where.

Perhaps the most important thing is that I was able to see everything in my head. I saw the flights, the hatchings, the never-ending construction. And it sounded real, it convinced me.

So once more, a very good read. Thank you for an enjoyable few hours of reading.

Geo~
Fremma chapter 26 . 10/1/2008
I thought this was really good, nicely written. It fills in a good gap too!
189 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »