Reviews for Dragon Days
Neshomeh chapter 26 . 6/25/2008
Hi. I very much enjoyed this story! The subject of how the first riders adjusted to draconic mating really needed to be addressed, and I'm glad you did it. I feel like you shied away from some of the touchier conversations, though, because your writing gets a little unclear when they come up. I don't know if you want to know about exact passages in this story, but in the future, just make sure that the prose clearly refers to the thing you're talking about rather than slipping into euphemisms or saying "that" more often than not. Dialogue, of course, is another animal.

Overall, though, well done. I like how you handled the relationships between dragon and rider, and rider and other. I especially like that the dragons sounded like dragons! It seems like many people have a hard time with that.

On another note, I noticed in one of your other stories (which I plan to read) that you're a fan of the PPC. If you're interested, please visit us at our message board: disc.

Just make sure to read the Constitution before posting. { )

~Neshomeh, unremitting Pern fan and PPCer.
GinnyStar chapter 26 . 6/15/2008
You fill in the parts great. I like it.

Keep it up hope to hear more stories from you.
Schwertlilie81 chapter 26 . 4/3/2008
Hey, that was a really wonderful story.

Youve catches exactly McCaffreys style of writing.

You should really talk with her or her son. With your talent you could easily take part in her authorsessions at dragonhold!

This story takes the plot up exactly where she left and continues it to her later stories.

Its just wonderful!
Andrea chapter 26 . 2/10/2008
Even though the story is long done, I'd thought I'd add a review, anyways.

This is the best story I have seen so far of and well thought out and written. I certainly applaud you on this fine Fanfic, and look forward to more. :)
Louise chapter 26 . 2/8/2008
Hey,

I really enjoyed it, well done. I like you writing style, it is a easy read but still resonates with the emotions people are experiencing. I never realised that of course dragons would mate with various queens and the enormous strain that would place on relationships. I like the part about Michael and the toy dragon, lovely.

all the loves

Louise
willwrite4fics chapter 21 . 2/5/2008
You are the ultimate Pern writer. McCaffrey should hire you to continue the series, as you obviously have it so perfectly down pat.

I burst into cheering as Porth laid her 21 eggs. I didn't do that in any of the actual BOOKS hardly!

Thanky ou for writing this, and I hope you continue to write more.
Multi-Facets chapter 26 . 2/1/2008
This was like looking at a lost manuscript from Mrs. McCaffrey. Your words have a very commanding flow, with clear descriptions that let me "see" the action like a movie, and no sign of sickening purple prose.

The humor was subtle and well appreciated, and you brought out the humanity of all the characters, which is hard to do given such a large cast. But somehow you gave them equal attention, and presented them so realistically as people still adjusting to their new roles. Sometimes the humanity of the characters is lost in fanfiction, but you brought home the differences, military, sexual and ways of thinking, between the budding weyrfolk and the holdfolk.

I was especially drawn in by Tarrie and Alianne as they dealt with the rampant emotions involved in their first mating flights. I wanted to hug Alianne, and good gods, when Porth blooded, it invoked phantom tastes in my mouth.

There was a distressing amount of "try and" rather than "try to", though. Sorry for the nitpick, but I always wonder when "try to" stopped being proper.

Anyway, I loved the optimistic ending, too. I'm an absolute sucker for those. It really seems like the beginning of a legacy.

Thank you for writing this. I'm sure your Roo likes it too; it's a fine tribute.
JHenstock chapter 26 . 1/10/2008
I enjoyed reading this, thank you!

You made it interesting and true to the 'feel' of the Pern stories.

Great work.

:o)
Morgan5318 chapter 26 . 1/6/2008
I have long been a fan of Anne McCaffrey's PERN books; those books brought me hours of pleasure when I was growing up, and helped get me through some rough times. DRAGON DAYS is not only one of the best PERN-fics I've ever read, I dare to say you have captured not only the spirit of the books, but the "voice" in which they were written. As with all stories, there are a few typos and a couple of missing words here and there, but nothing that spoiled the reading for me. It is a well-written piece of fan-fic. I laughed and cried, and ached when those eggs didn't hatch, but I could not stop reading. Please tell me you have written more PERN-fic. I loved this story.
Confiscated Retina chapter 26 . 1/2/2008
This was an incredibly well written piece of fanfic and it answered a lot of questions Anne left hanging. Very good word choice, realistic and accurate characterization, and a good story in general. Thank you for writing it! :)
Moonreader chapter 23 . 12/25/2007
This is the best McCaffrey fanfic out there, and I have high standards. I mean this seriously, not just as crazy fangirl praise. I've always wanted to read more about this time period, and you have the characters down very well - mimicking McCaffery's style as well as anyone can. I'm enjoying reading this *so* much.

As an editor, I would suggest that you try to proof the chapters before you post - you have far better grammar and spelling that some other posters - a joy to read! - but an extra proofread is always good. Nice flow and plot twists!

Thanks! I hope you write more McCaffery fanfic soon!

~Hannah
Guest chapter 26 . 12/8/2007
Wonderful story. I just finished it -and will look up others you have written. Perhaps you can continue it.
JJ chapter 26 . 11/30/2007
I just wanted to say how impressed I was reading this. It captivated me from the start. I have read all the dragonrider books by Anne McCaffrey and this stuck true to story! Great to see the original characters again too... Sean and Sorka, Admiral Benden etc... lovely. Well done for creating a wonderful piece of Pern history which slots perfectly in between dragonsdawn and the first chronicles :)

Thank you! :)
jandragon chapter 3 . 11/8/2007
This was the best book I have read on this site; it was like having a new McCaffrey book,more please!
wildsky chapter 26 . 11/3/2007
Wow. That story was simply amazing! And may I just say that the total lack of Mary-Sue syndrome was a welcome change from most of the Pern stories I've read?

Brilliant job!