Reviews for Dragon Days
Viejas chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Fine job! The feel is very like the originals!
Lesza chapter 26 . 10/28/2007
One of the best stories I have had the pleasure of reading. Once in a while you find a story that will match a trilogy from a know author with ease, and I think you have done it. Anne should be proud. You should be proud. Very good. I have just rered this story again and I hope that you might do another. perhaps how the holds decide who becomes lords? the structure of the weyrs? Maybe Todd M could read your stuff and fix his:).
Elise A chapter 26 . 10/27/2007
Good. I like. Very McCaffrey-descriptive chunk out of life. Thanks! -eak :)
Spazzcat-Katori chapter 26 . 10/22/2007
Well done! I greatly enjoyed reading this story. In fact, I could almost see it being an actual McCaffrey novel, it was so well-written. Keep up the good work!
Peggy Bedingfield chapter 26 . 10/18/2007
Oh, it ended already! LOL

VERY well done and as soon as you get the pdf ready I'd like to download and print it.

I must say this is one I have thoroughly enjoyed reading.
Dignedamour chapter 26 . 10/17/2007
Your writing is wonderful. You match Anne's writing very closely. Please keep the great work coming!
cathtice chapter 26 . 10/17/2007
Thanks for the time you've taken over this, and for sharing it. It's been an effective, interesting tale that filled in details without contradicting canon; well and tightly written and well worth reading. It's encouraged me to read more of the stories on which is always something of a pot-luck affair...

Thanks.
twinklewind chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
you know s'good, right?

And while I was reading your story, the skies cleared and I can see the blue of the sky. I think you really made the dragons fly. your story fits perfectly in McCaffrey's world, but with your own style of approaching the riders' problems. This epilogue, not defining outcomes of Sorka's prediction of the blue, of Tarrie's choice, that keeps the continuity, which I think is brilliant.

Plus the "change of trousers" at the beginning; your story's been full of these cute nuances.

Thank you.
Gin's Comettail chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
AW! Such a beautiful ending. The weyrlings are so cute - I wonder why there's never really been a weyrling-specific story. But yours was fantastic - I loved all the dragons and their riders. Congratulations on a great story!
SumRandomNutt chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
I'm not sure if I've reviewed this before, so I thought I'd better.

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. It blends seamlessly with canon, and the style is just right. I've read some of your other stories as well, and I think it's safe to say you're a wonderful writer. Amazing job with this fic!
TylaraRemember chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
Loved it! A picture-perfect finish.
firelizardkimi chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
I saw this when I woke up, and I was all, "Ooh, yay, another chapter!" Then I saw the title of the chapter was "Epilogue" and I said (out loud, I think), "What? No! Dammit!" I've been following this story since the beginning, and it is definitely one of my favorite Pern fanfics ever. I love how true you stay to the world that Anne McCaffrey created. And, I love seeing this time period, the early, uncertain years of the dragonriders, especially those who were never very prominent in the books. This is an extremely well-written story, and I am most definitely sorry to see it end.
sylvanshadows chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
This was an awesome thing to wake up to! Dragonsdawn has always been my favorite book in the series, and seeing some of the minor characters fleshed out and brought to life was amazing.
Wicked Wonder chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
It's true, that we know how the story ends, and how it began, but this gives it so much depth and warmth. I'll admit that I rarely thought beyond the Sean/Sorka line in Dragonsdawn and Chronicles, so seeing everyone else made me appreciate how hard it would be for anyone to be a First Dragonrider, from people raising families, and who maybe had different vocations in mind, but had to stand, and I'm rambling, but I really enjoyed this story. Congrats! And I would love to have this printed out and kept with my Pern collection.
jessupthewall chapter 26 . 10/16/2007
This was a beautiful story, and I would love to print off a copy of it to put along side my pern books. It was great and I'm sort of sad it's over.
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »