Reviews for Running on Empty
Bluewolf23 chapter 4 . 4/9/2013
Please update soon!
Death Scribe chapter 4 . 8/1/2010
Poor Esther. Stuck with those maniacs. She'll have a cow if she ever learns who they really are.

I'd love to read more. This story hasn't been updated in four years so I dunno if that'll happen.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 4 . 7/16/2010
I can’t imagine worst nightmare for Motormaster than Megatron not needing them. The Stunticons are Megatron’s gestalt, built by his own hands. Perhaps the other Stunticons could make it without a purpose, but not Motormaster. More than a lost Stunticon, he’s in danger to become a broken Stunticon, with the addition of not being a Stunticon anymore.

This is not a regular cliffhanger, not the type that just keeps the reader wanting more. This is the beginning of a brilliant story that deserves to be told. I really hope you will.

Thanks for these four chapters. They brought me immense pleasure.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 3 . 7/16/2010
Seeing the world through Stunticon eyes was interesting enough, but doing it when said Stunticons are humans makes it twice better. And just as good was Motormaster through the eyes of a couple of teens. I have to agree with them. No girl would be straight having him as her only choice, not when he’s in human shape, that is.

I always found discrimination between robots much more logical than the stupid prejudices the humans have. Among Decepticons, it was more a matter of power and belonging to a specific subgroup than some colour nonsense. No wonder why the Stunticons were so clueless about one of the oh-so-many stupidities of our precious kind. And yay for Esther being in the rainbowed side of life. I hope she and Kaitlin will end rocking the world of Esther’s mattress.

Kudos for Motormaster, too. The pride of the team is above anything else, and yeah, those are his subordinates to command, beat, frag or do whatever he wants with them.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 2 . 7/16/2010
Michael Bay-esque monstrosities have done damage enough, and yet they continue popping in. Despite how much I loved Soundwave, and Megatron bickering with Starscream in ‘Revenge of the Fallen’, the movie is frankly bad, bad…

Esther is a very interesting original character. Very human, and not just by appearance. She was the perfect POV to present and got deep into the human Stunticons, all of them so-in-character that it’s scary. And I loved the names! Such a broken piñata of little delights there.

A girl couldn’t ask more from a chapter. This is being a pleasure to read.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I don’t think I’ve read a statement about the penis so wise and in so few words as the one Drag Strip did. Human culture can be so complex, and yet a Stunticon recently turned into human can explain some of its eccentricities with a bunch of words.

I add myself to the ones who plea you to please continue this fic, it’s THAT good. I’ve read both “The human condition” and “Adapt” and yours is as good as they are. Stories like yours are a real treasure to the fandom.
tomorrow4eva chapter 4 . 3/31/2009
I like the general grumbling. Drag Strip's accessing the computer is actually reasonably technically accurate. Code doesn't normally scroll down a screen anymore... which if she has the internet at home means you're already confusing time periods, so whatever. I still think it's close to how it would actually be done. Kudos.

From that window smashing I assume that they retain their forcefields in some fashion, which would be consistent with Dead End getting punched in the gut before and shrugging it off. And the g-forces of crazy driving not affecting them.

Nice end - the feeling of being unwanted. Almost feel sorry for them. I hope you continue, but seeing when it was last updated makes me less hopeful. Awesome story, and I would love to see where you go with it.
tomorrow4eva chapter 3 . 3/31/2009
I like Jonathan's question about chainsaws. From Entering to Bar Fight in under 60 seconds! I like how you make it clear they feel in their element. Poor Esther, pretending to be related to them. The lawyer is an interesting twist. I like how the police scene is written.
tomorrow4eva chapter 2 . 3/31/2009
The Stunticons would make a worrying looking gang. I like how drunk-Esther handles them. Drag Strip looking for hooves was funny. Them piling into the car is good too. And Dead End's ready answer when asked for names. The driving was great too! Wild Rider is creepy. I like the tie-in for employment.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Nice attention to detail: Not knowing which bathroom. hehe.
iennisita chapter 4 . 3/31/2009
Ohh, please, you must continue writing this fic.
QoS chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I really hope you continue with this. It was a great read, and you actually made me feel sorry for *Motormaster* at the end. Didn't think that was possible. Good OC, everyone in character and vivid descriptions too.

The only thing that puzzled me a bit was Breakdown's making the gun jam. I thought he did that kind of thing with vibrations from his engine, and since he no longer has an engine per se... But that was a pretty minor point.

So... more story?
3LW00D chapter 4 . 11/27/2008
I like this, I have never seen anything else that focuses around the stunticons. I hope you keep writig it.
fang chapter 4 . 6/9/2008
The humor in this is brilliant witty and cleaver. Really nice story.
Glue Stick Gary chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
This has got to the best transformer turned human story...EVER! And one of the best aspect of this story is that you included the stunticons and successfully captured their personalities.

Your writing style is awesome too, very descriptive and novel quality. I really love it :D

I really hope you update...pretty please?