Reviews for Oranges and Blues
swim-with-sharks chapter 14 . 2/9/2011
Aw. Seriously, aw. It was the perfect ending to a perfect story. I loved that Brooke and Peyton made up, I loved that they put their friendship first and aknowledged they had to work on mending it before they could go back to where they used to be. I loved Peyton's little orange and blue speech. It's so true, and so BL. Now if only Mark had seen that putting black and blue together really tires the eye after a while.

I LOVED how Brooke and Lucas got together, or sort of got together. They're on their way to it, I guess. That whole strangers meeting at a bar scenario was perfect.

You're definitely not the only one who thinks that from s4 on OTH became a spin-off. To this day it annoys me how they basically tore apart Brooke's character to make Saint Peyton look good (and this is coming from someone who LOVES s1-3 Peyton, I think she was one of the best characters on TV. I just stopped liking her when they tried to make it seem as if she'd done nothing wrong and Brooke was to be blamed for everything gone wrong with them).

Anyway, end of rant. I loved loved loved this story, you took me back to the early seasons and reminded me why I loved them so much. Amazing job.
swim-with-sharks chapter 13 . 2/9/2011
Beautiful chapter, and Haley's my hero too. I'd say more, but I'm off to read the last chapter :D
swim-with-sharks chapter 12 . 2/9/2011
I shouldn't feel bad for Lucas, should I? Ugh, but I do. He's so heartbroken thinking Brooke doesn't feel the same way he does. If only he knew.
swim-with-sharks chapter 11 . 2/9/2011
Maybe I have the span of attention of a raccoon, but I still can't remember when Lucas and Brooke kissed. If she said she kissed her best friend's boyfriend it couldn't be that kiss at the formal, he kissed her and she pushed him away. Well, whatever. I loved this chapter. Haley is now my hero. As much as I like Lucas, the guy is a complete idiot when it comes to relationships. He certainly deserved what he got from Haley.

I feel awful for Brooke and Peyton, especially Brooke. I hope they can make up soon.
swim-with-sharks chapter 10 . 2/9/2011
I knew reading this chapter would hurt. Poor Brooke. Peyton should have listened to her before exploding, but I can't really blame her. And Lucas... he is so completely oblivious it's not even funny. Oh, and when did Lucas kiss Brooke? That forehead kiss at the formal, right? Because I can't remember any other.
swim-with-sharks chapter 9 . 2/6/2011
Oh God, things are going to get very ugly very soon. Is Lucas so dense that he really thinks he can be with Brooke when he broke up with Peyon 12 hours ago? That boy needs some serious help.

I really loved this line:

"all I know is that she's my best friend. If it was her in my shoes, I know that she would never, ever betray me like that. No guy is ever worth ruining our friendship over and that's the truth."

Oh, the irony.
swim-with-sharks chapter 8 . 2/5/2011
Ouch. I'm sorry, I'm not thinking coherently enough to come up with a proper review. I loved it, but in an ouch kind of way.
swim-with-sharks chapter 7 . 2/5/2011
Wow, this is amazing. The chemistry between Brooke and Lucas, the longing... it's all there. And God, Lucas is an idiot. Will that boy ever learn he has to break up with his girlfriend BEFORE pursuing a relationship with another girl? Especially if the other girl is his girlfriend's best friend. I swear, he is so damn frustrating. And I loved loved loved that Brooke pushed him away. He really has no bussiness telling her he wants to be with her when he's still with Peyton.

I'm dreading reading the next chapter now. I predict Brooke and Peyton won't be speaking for a while.
swim-with-sharks chapter 6 . 2/5/2011
Argh, I can tell this is going to be bad. I don't even know what to expect. I just really hope Lucas doesn't cheat on Peyton with Brooke.
swim-with-sharks chapter 5 . 2/5/2011
Brooke and Lucas are really crossing a line here. There's obviously more than just friendship between them. I don't see how Brooke doesn't realize that, but at least Luke is coming around.

Ugh, I feel awful for Peyton. She's so ready to fight for her relationship with Lucas, but he keeps being drawn to her best friend. Why are love triangles so damn difficult? It really doesn't help that Peyton is her loveable self from s1-3. If she was s4-6 Peyton I wouldn't feel so bad for her.
swim-with-sharks chapter 4 . 2/5/2011
You capture the chemistry and teasing between Brooke and Lucas perfectly. They were always so fun to watch, so fluffy and sweet and romantic, and I love how you write them. Luke and Nathan being forced to organize the dance and Brooke going OCD about it is something so true to all their characters, and I just love it.
swim-with-sharks chapter 3 . 2/5/2011
Beautiful chapter. I love the way you had B and L begin to interact more. It was ridiculously sweet of Lucas to tell Brooke she doesn't have to pretend with him. Sure, he wouldn't have realized she actually pretended if it weren't for Peyton and Haley, but it still warmed my BL heart. I agree with Brooke's views of triangles completely, and while I know someone's going to get hurt sooner or later (since this is a Brucas story, I suppose it will be Peyton), I hope it won't be too bad for them.
swim-with-sharks chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
I love this. I'm amazed by how spot-on you have all and every single character, I can picture them all in my head while I read. I feel so bad for Brooke, she really has a horrible family. I'm glad Peyton is such a good friend to her, and the BLer in me is thrilled to see how much Lucas wants to help her :D
swim-with-sharks chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I love this. I would have loved to see this scenario happen on the actual show. You have all Brooke, Lucas and Peyton spot-on, and I can't wait to read more.
craxygirl54 chapter 14 . 11/11/2010
Hey I just finish reading this and it was a really good story. I really enjoyed reading this although their were some parts where I wanted to strangle Lucas for being so stupid but I forgave him at the end. Speaking about the end I wasn't too happy about it but if you think about it, it actually makes more sense than for BL to have gotten together right away. I love the Haley involvement at theend with Peytonand also how even things were going horrible with Brooke's life things got better between her and Peyton. I think this is pretty much all I wanted to say but I'll make sure to check out more stories from you.