Reviews for The Best Thing I Ever Did
Majerus chapter 1 . 5/26/2019
Damn if this isn't so poignant, and personally intense.
My son took his own life.
His boy is named after me, and I do try not to spoil him... his mom gets, well, I suppose you could call it fussy.
roon0 chapter 1 . 2/22/2019
Lovely.
hpfanscs chapter 1 . 8/7/2018
You have written a wonderful, angst-filled story. Thank you.
Readerjkr chapter 1 . 12/23/2016
It's a lovely gem, this story. Bittersweet, but beautifully written.
Jaycie Victory chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
What a beautiful, bittersweet story.
JediC8H10N4O2 chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
I like this story, having sort of lived through a similar one. My dad was adopted, and decided he wanted to meet his birth parents. Turns out his birth father died in a car accident before he was born. Not only was his birth father's family happy to meet him, and told us all that my brother was the spitting image of the birth father, but all of his friends were happy too. They drove miles just to meet my dad.
serenityselena chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
nice story :)
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Very well written.
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Cute story. But a Yank? I'm not going to rail against it, so much as ask why you picked an American, when any foreign or even expat British muggle would probably have worked just fine...?
Gioia chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This story still makes me cry. My son, who was my baby when I first started reading your fics a million years ago, is a high school senior then. I understand this story better now than I did then. Huge hugs to you and your own no-longer-a-baby!
Thrae Elddim chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
That made me so sad, but in a way I could see it. Such an unusual, beautiful, heartbreaking story... Well done.
awn chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Oh, this was beyond sad! It took me to the verge of crying. I love it. I love how you made Amos humane (I'm writing a Cedric fanfic in which he is quite an arsehole, so this made an interesting change of thought for me). I also like how you describe Amos's and his wife's mourning and how they dealt with it. I can't understand how it's like for a person to loose a child as I have none, but I realize it's horrible and Amos's and Fiona's depressions were highly credible. I love how they unite over their grandson and Heather ... even though my heart break for her. It seems like a very Cedric thing to do, not telling his parents, but sending money and snail mail under their noses.

Thank you, this was excellent!
Aeistrya chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Fantastic!
ForeverMrs.Padfoot chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Liked this story, kinda gives closure over Cedric's death.
Fick Chick chapter 1 . 5/12/2012