Reviews for The Best Thing I Ever Did
Loxodonta-Magica chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
This was so sweet! Poor parents of Cedric...I suppose I never thought of them like this, but should have felt more than a passing sympathy. This was an inspired piece and insightful into the grieving mind of parents. I suspect you will cause many to feel a little bit uncomfortable that we all brushed past the parents while focusing solely on Harry's guilty feelings. Well done!

nnie
Shadow-Dreamer15 chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
I loved this story, when you lose something special you grasp for anything that can remind you of how wonderful it was.

I was in love, or at least more heavily in like than I've ever been before, with an amazing guy. Then he was gone and I started to notice how his brother had the same jaw and the smae crooked smile.
Antosha Chekhonte chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Great story, it's poignant without being overdone.
Songs of Angry Jelly Babies chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
I love your story! It's really sad, but I love the POV and the emotions in the story. And the ending is bitter-sweet, which is just the perfect pitch to end the narration... All in all, great story!
notwritingfanfictionanymore chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Excellent side story to the HP books, and one that never really risks breaking canon.

Brava,

: )

sarini
AkaOkamiRyu chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Such a wonderfully beautiful story, I'm in tears at it. I wasn't going to read this, but I'm glad I did afterall. It was incredibly well written and moving. Brillaint.

AkaOkamiRyu
Xabelle chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
I must say that I totally didn't expect anyone to write about Amos Diggory and his relationship with his son. I guess it never crossed my mind to think what it would be like to lose a child. You did a great job here. You captured Amos's character as a proud father perfectly, and the ending, while still sad, is still a nice turnout. :) This is really well-written. Keep it up!
exileena chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
I really enjoyed reading this short story. It was so tragically romantic, but it elements of matter-of-factness that tied it more securely to my feelings then any folk tale could. Bravo.
Foenixfyre chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
So, I have a confession to make. I'm not an enormous fan of the HP series. Yes, I read each through and enjoyed them, and yes, I'm thankful to Rowling for convincing my little sister that reading CAN be fun. But this is not a series that I'm searching out fanfiction for.

You might just change my mind with pieces like this.

It's written beautifully, and from the point of view of a character that we never hear from. And I know from your website that you're venturing off on a longer re-write of Cedric's fate.

Well, I haven't been interested in HP fanfiction up through today, but I can't wait to read yours.
Shawny Wong chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
That was a beautiful story! As a parent myself, I completely understand the sentiment. My baby is the best thing that I've ever done, too.
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
GoF fic, neat. I didn't really notice Cedric much in the book/movie. My X Men Kitty/Piotr shippiness had me staring happily at Viktor and Hermione. But this is really fleshing him out as a character, and having him survive opens up some interesting new possibilities. Looking forward to see what you do with this.
Procrastinator-starting2moro chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Wow. Beautiful writing. It got me teary-eyed.
me chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
I'm glad that you somehow managed to wrap up Amos Diggory story. Good job!
angelbaby7sat chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
This is a very good story. I Love it so much! It made cry! The end note really made me cry for sure. This short story has to be my favorite story out of the hundreds ive read before on this site! Keep up the good work and write more stories about stuff like this. Its very good!

~Angel Baby
Shadowbox N. Paperchase chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
Oh jeez, you really got my makeup running. What a wonderful story, I loved your reason for Cedric entering the Goblet of Fire, that was a decent reason, he never seemed the type who would do it for the glory.

Thanks you very much for sharing.

~pashtess