Reviews for Momentum
Guest chapter 34 . 1/22/2016
Wow, this chapter was really all over the place emotionally - angst, humor, more angst [domestic violence much?], sex, more humor. And somehow it all flowed together seamlessly.
Guest chapter 33 . 1/22/2016
Ah, this chapter. Beautiful. One of my favorites. In a story like this, and for this pairing in general, the fluff is an absolute necessity. Gotta balance out all that angst.

Not to be THAT person, but Tonks is Sirius' second cousin, not his niece. Thank god...it's bad enough that she's in his family at all, but Remus marrying her would somehow be even creepier to me if she was his niece [and it's already pretty damn creepy; based on how old Remus is supposed to be in this chapter, she would actually be around age five rather than ten]. I am now actively refraining from going into a long spiel pinpointing the many, many ways I find Remus/Tonks to be utterly bollocks as a pairing, and will instead just say that I will forever be grateful that JKR didn't have that debacle of a relationship start until AFTER Sirius' death...Not to mention forever amused that Remus, canonically, didn't actually want to be with her. I did like her cameo in this chapter, though, and the way that was done.
Guest chapter 31 . 1/22/2016
I find it odd that it would come as such a revelation to Sirius that he loved Remus. I mean, what did he think his relationship with him was? Why did he think he was so desperate to be with him in the first place? Silly, silly kid. I suppose it can be attributed to his upbringing really doing a number on his perception of emotional ties. I always laugh at Lily's "You have broken the barrier of idiocy and gone to just plain stupidity" line. Actually, on that note, there's something about your Lily that I swear is so uniquely stand out and just better than any other Lily I've read.

Both boys are being idiots right now, really...though I have to admit that Remus ditching does make sense on multiple levels, much as I hate to, because I truly despise drawing parallels between his relationship with Sirius and his relationship with Tonks. [In my head, they are very, very different matters.] But, I could see Remus misguidedly pulling a martyr move like that, and I could also see it being significant enough to cause Sirius to distrust him later.

Also: It is so sad reading parts with Peter and knowing that he is already fucking them over by this point. Some fics leave it kind of ambiguous as to when Peter joined the Death Eaters during the First War, and since this one didn't, all of his interactions with them from this point on are just a stab in the heart.
Guest chapter 28 . 1/21/2016
Strangely, I think this is actually one of my favorite chapters. The hospital scene is so affecting; I felt as desperate and panicked as James did when they refused to treat Remus. It made my eyes water. Reading this story again, it's rad how I can really tell that you improved a lot as an author throughout the writing of this fic.
Guest chapter 26 . 1/20/2016
This is one of the parts I remember most when I think of this story.
Things that are adorable in this chapter:

Remus' panic when his parents come over.
"Only thing was that Remus' trousers had his mother's expert stitching across the knee where he'd ripped them on purpose after a very influencing song video."
Sirius...pretty much in general.
Guest chapter 21 . 1/19/2016
Hmm. I really do feel like Sirius was let off the hook far too easily here, but that's kind of just a personal preference; some people treat the prank as an event that Remus isn't even much affected by, which to me is totally insane. Still, canonically, it does seem that Remus will eventually forgive Sirius for literally anything [how are they not a canon pairing, again?].

Also: "You forgive him now, and he's going to do it again and again until finally, he has you broken and at his feet." Wahhhhhh foreshadowing.
Guest chapter 18 . 1/19/2016
Damn, this chapter was just heartbreaking from start to finish. Even the conversation between Sirius and James, because I know all the [totally canon compliant] angst to come. [The one shining beacon of this chapter is once again James being a super boss friend and looking out for Remus, that warms my heart.]

And oh, poor Remus, I just wanted to hug him. I have like zero tolerance for homophobia, so it's always a particularly painful thing for me to read. Even his mother's misguided "it's probably a phase" line kills me. It makes me glad I never had the "I'm not straight" talk with my parents, but that's just because we aren't particularly close. It must have been an even more difficult conversation to have in the seventies.
Guest chapter 15 . 1/18/2016
Ah man. I'd forgotten how much I really love James in this fic.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/18/2016
Oh, I had forgotten about the connection where they can sense each other introduced in this chapter. I remember wishing there had been a little bit more of an explanation about it, but still really love the idea of it. I suppose it's just an abstract magical love bond thing? Which in the HP world seems totally legit.

This is a reread, obviously. And I rarely reread fanfiction, so that in itself is a compliment! I have such a soft soft for this fic, though. It became an instant classic for me, had a part in shaping the way I view these characters, and is probably my favorite R/S epic. [Not to mention the fact that it's actually complete!]

I'll probably be leaving more random reviews here and there as I go through this again, so I hope it doesn't annoy you to still get feedback on works written so long ago!
Guest chapter 48 . 12/30/2015
OH MY GOD THIS KILLED ME ITS SO GOOD
Guest chapter 1 . 11/22/2015
I love this fic, it might be time for a reread soon.
One of my favorite things about it was the friendship between James and Remus.
Queen0fYaoi chapter 7 . 11/6/2015
I honestly love Remus' relationship with his dad, mostly cause my relationship with my dad isn't all that great so I'm always a slut for a healthy child/father relationship!
voldie's lover chapter 14 . 11/3/2015
I'm reading this story again! . okay so just stopped and posted a review cuz- first of all to repeat that I LOVE YOU and secondly - hey i noticed that somewhere u mentioned the name of narcissa black's mother as 'Kiera', but it's not Kiera its 'Druella'... Druella Rosier x Cygnus Black Andromeda, Narcissa, Belatrix ... Just a teeny wittle mistake :* Alright now I'm off to reading this masterpiece, adios :*
Parker chapter 14 . 10/27/2015