Reviews for Unexpectedly Lucky
dragoness simplicity chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
I didn't know that about military issue toothpaste. Veeeery interesting.
You wrote an amazing story.
I hope RankNFiled was very happy too.
*-smiley face-*
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
The allergic reaction was so intense I felt completely wrapped up in it.

Then Rodney being so certain that John couldn't possibly want him on the team after that because his allergies had caused rejection and anger in the past. Plus his automatic insecurities on top of that. Then he filters everything John says in the infirmary through his own filter of what he is certain will happen.

Plus we all know John will *never* say any of that again!
Scarym chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I really liked your story. Poor Rodney being so insecure and thinking that Sheppard was going to kick him off the team.

I really like this line from Sheppard:

"you rest up, because we have places to go and people to see. And Wraith to kill. And food to trade for. And Ancient technology to find. Basically, we have a very busy schedule, and I’m not going anywhere without my full team."
Shelly chapter 1 . 2/11/2009

Neat story. Haven't read one where Rodney has an allergic reaction to lemon. Kept me guessing as he was going through what he was doing at the time and never occured to me it would be the toothpaste. Very neat twist. Like the angst in the story as well. The early days and Rodney is still unsure of his place. Very well done and an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing it.
tinkrbell225 chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
i love the friendship in this great job
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
aw, warm fuzzies.
Space1Traveler chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Way good!
LadyNiko chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Another good tale. :)

You never know - if they *do* have citric acid in the toothpaste, that might be what he's allergic to.

Good set up and execution here of a Rodney-whumping. :)
sentarla chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
oh nice, very nice. This is the first allergy one that I have read. Hmm interesting, did not know that about the toothpaste.

Love it.

now back to your main page to
IlluZen chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
This displays all the best qualities of the Sheppard/McKay Friendship. A really great story. :)
Wraithfodder chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Who would have guessed toothpaste? Snort! ;)
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
This was beautifully descriptive!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
Awsome story! I really liked how you wrote Rodney's thoughts and feelings!
fififolle chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
Sorry I'm late. Aw, that was a totally adorable read. My heart was in my mouth at the beginning, the peril was unbearable! And the kid? Gorgeous! The whole feel of the first half was incredibly tangible. Toothpaste, woah, and it really does? Isn't that amazing? Scary. And his doubts - oh dear, poor Rodney. Just wanted to hug him! Sheppard was real sweet, and sensitive. It was lovely. Thanks for a great piece.
rebekah78 chapter 1 . 4/23/2006