Reviews for Unexpectedly Lucky
sgafan33 chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Great fic! I love stories that explore Rodney's allergies. His allergies make the super genius seem more real.

And good for you to know that David Hewlett thinks the name of Rodney's cat is "Jane", the same name as his real life partner.
AnCa chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
I really enjoyed this fic! You had Rodney and Sheppard in character, and the lemon-toothpaste thing was a nice twist :) Rodney h/c fics will always be welcome with me! I hope to see more from you!
PurpleYin chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Oh, cool! I was wondering when this would be out. The addition of the kid works really well, a little extra humour for an otherwise terrifying scene. Nice resolution to the fic, too. Poor Radek, missing out - although maybe Radek doesn't want to go off-world anyway...
krysalys chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
Isn't it the citric acid that the allergy is to? 'Cause I don't think it'd be the fructose.

Hell, I know all about nasty allergies - mine's to penicillin and its derivatives. Which now interestingly enough is expanded to all the chicken out there that's treated with antibiotics because of the overcrowding in the massive pens they're raised in. My doc and I couldn't figure out for the life of me where I'd have ingested the penicillin from until I remembered a report I'd read online about the companies that mass-raise chickens and feed them all sorts of chemicals in order to keep the meat relatively healthy for human consumption. Really, it's quite disgusting what the processes are nowadays for meat production. That's why my husband and I have been only buying our beef from small local farmers, and now our chicken too. (I grew up on a small farm and we raised our own steer and chickens, and they were delicious! All natural feed and grains, and the steer had almost 2 acres of grassy field to graze on)

Oy, sorry about jumping on the soapbox there, hon. You did a wonderful job with this story. Really broke my heart at Rodney's negative self-image. And I'm glad John got some sort of inkling as to what was going on with our favorite astrophysicist, and set him straight on the issue of his belonging on the team.

-}-