Reviews for Browncoat, Green Eyes
harblack chapter 39 . 2h
Still one of the most touching, hilarious fics out there. Great characters, great plot, great humor, always reassuring to re-read works like this after stumbling across some of the worst stories on this site. Probably the best story from one of the most consistently excellent writers on hope to one day find a new Nonjon work, no matter how unlikely that may be.
terry nightstalker chapter 39 . 6/25
this is definitely one of my favourite fics - which is saying something as I hadn't even heard of one of the two fandoms before.
ray chapter 39 . 6/24
Nice fic
AJ Granger chapter 39 . 6/23
Loved the fic. Couldn't stop reading once I started. Would have liked to have seen that first date between River and Harry, but the fact that they are back in the sky is a nice way to see this story end.
teedub chapter 39 . 6/17
I just found this story and totally loved it! I had never heard of Firefly before, but after reading this, I think I got a good idea what it's all about.

Definitely fav'ing and reading it again at a later point, after I've forgotten most of the story.
BlackRoseFire chapter 39 . 6/17
Awesome story. I really love the way that you have had the entire story pull back together to have all the elements tie into the ending.
entropi chapter 39 . 6/7
Great integration of the distinctive universes, and you captured the voices of the characters very accurately.
LadySappho chapter 1 . 5/27
I really wanted to like this but the language ruined it for me. There was no "versifying", for want of a better word. Certainly there were none of the more flamboyant uses of English one associates with Firefly and few of even the more basic ones. This meant that the characters just didn't ring true.
I also found the "wizard as superman" meme a bit tired and overdone. Wizards have their limitations but Harry seems to have, well, none.
Once I reached the point where Harry sits them all down and TALKS at them for what felt like aeons, I just gave up.
Jinawee chapter 39 . 5/15
Oh. My. Gosh.

This story was an absolutely amazing and well written blend of Firefly and Harry Potter that I literally could not put it down. I read it all in one night. I have not yet found a Firefly/Harry Potter crossover that even comes CLOSE to the authenticity and creativity that this one has. I am gladly going to add this to my favorite story list and sing its praises to my friends.

I love how you tied everything together with Miranda and the M-gene, and the setup for the Alliance operative's niece was subtle. Fawkes was a very nice touch. I know some people probably complained that you didn't have Harry with Ginny, but I personally love Harry/Luna stories. You had everyone's character pretty much spot-on. All-in-all, a wonderful read that I am glad to have found.
Fredrick Bismarck chapter 3 . 5/14
This is absolutely wonderful, fantastic, brilliant, and I hope it continues. You already have so many reviews, and the story is complete, but I just need to express my admiration. The banter and jokes and characterization is spot on. Not many people can capture it so perfectly. The only other author whose work I've read that's done the same is Dyce. Harry, though completely out of character, makes a great addition. Its enough of Harry Potter to have a mysterious stranger. He's normal sort of but can stump even River. It's nice to see River miffed for once toward someone who can be just as bewildering as her. Just great. I'm at a high right now in finding this.
hhrforeverhhr chapter 39 . 5/4
It's the third time I've read the story and I still want to go back and read it again, which I'll probably so in a few months. Thank you for such a wonderful crossover, it's one of my favorite stories.
giulisetta chapter 38 . 4/29
I'm rereading this story for the fifth time, I think, and I never get bored of it; the plot is fantastic and it keeps me enthralled every time, no matter that I alredy know where the story is going, and the characters are very well portrayed. Usually I never read a crossover unless I know both stories wery well and the first time I came upon this fic I had never heard of Firefly, and I was a bit unsure if I would be able to follow, but your summary made me curious. And boy, after the first chapter I was hooked! When I was finally able to wrench myself away from this masterpiece I immediately went to see the serie and it was glorious! I felt as if I alredy knew the characters and I loved them, so I was really invested in them... Then, to my horror, I discovered that the show had been cancelled and to survive this crushing news I went and reread your story, discovering that after watching Firefly it was even more awesome! So thank you so much for introducing me to this universe!
Giulia
P.S. Sorry if there are mistakes, English is not my native language
Masud chapter 39 . 4/27
Great story. Thanks.
DukeBrymin chapter 39 . 4/16
Now I'm just all worried that Harry didn't let his arm heal all the way-he was supposed to let it sit in the phoenix tears until they all soaked in.

Fabulous story, thanks!
Hobbyfarmer chapter 5 . 4/14
I am reading this story again and I forgot how much I love it, but the donut scene was kind of stupid and takes away from your overall story.
4,179 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »