Reviews for Browncoat, Green Eyes
Jinawee chapter 39 . 5/15
Oh. My. Gosh.

This story was an absolutely amazing and well written blend of Firefly and Harry Potter that I literally could not put it down. I read it all in one night. I have not yet found a Firefly/Harry Potter crossover that even comes CLOSE to the authenticity and creativity that this one has. I am gladly going to add this to my favorite story list and sing its praises to my friends.

I love how you tied everything together with Miranda and the M-gene, and the setup for the Alliance operative's niece was subtle. Fawkes was a very nice touch. I know some people probably complained that you didn't have Harry with Ginny, but I personally love Harry/Luna stories. You had everyone's character pretty much spot-on. All-in-all, a wonderful read that I am glad to have found.
Fredrick Bismarck chapter 3 . 5/14
This is absolutely wonderful, fantastic, brilliant, and I hope it continues. You already have so many reviews, and the story is complete, but I just need to express my admiration. The banter and jokes and characterization is spot on. Not many people can capture it so perfectly. The only other author whose work I've read that's done the same is Dyce. Harry, though completely out of character, makes a great addition. Its enough of Harry Potter to have a mysterious stranger. He's normal sort of but can stump even River. It's nice to see River miffed for once toward someone who can be just as bewildering as her. Just great. I'm at a high right now in finding this.
hhrforeverhhr chapter 39 . 5/4
It's the third time I've read the story and I still want to go back and read it again, which I'll probably so in a few months. Thank you for such a wonderful crossover, it's one of my favorite stories.
giulisetta chapter 38 . 4/29
I'm rereading this story for the fifth time, I think, and I never get bored of it; the plot is fantastic and it keeps me enthralled every time, no matter that I alredy know where the story is going, and the characters are very well portrayed. Usually I never read a crossover unless I know both stories wery well and the first time I came upon this fic I had never heard of Firefly, and I was a bit unsure if I would be able to follow, but your summary made me curious. And boy, after the first chapter I was hooked! When I was finally able to wrench myself away from this masterpiece I immediately went to see the serie and it was glorious! I felt as if I alredy knew the characters and I loved them, so I was really invested in them... Then, to my horror, I discovered that the show had been cancelled and to survive this crushing news I went and reread your story, discovering that after watching Firefly it was even more awesome! So thank you so much for introducing me to this universe!
Giulia
P.S. Sorry if there are mistakes, English is not my native language
Masud chapter 39 . 4/27
Great story. Thanks.
DukeBrymin chapter 39 . 4/16
Now I'm just all worried that Harry didn't let his arm heal all the way-he was supposed to let it sit in the phoenix tears until they all soaked in.

Fabulous story, thanks!
Hobbyfarmer chapter 5 . 4/14
I am reading this story again and I forgot how much I love it, but the donut scene was kind of stupid and takes away from your overall story.
GBTtown chapter 39 . 4/12
Really great story, thank you for sharing.
Ninjamaster-255 chapter 39 . 4/6
Lol peeves is like a magical cockroach
EmptyTranscendant chapter 39 . 4/5
Well, that was a great ride. Fantastic crossover, maybe in the first few chapters I was somewhat doubtful about Firefly characters, as they, especially Mal, seemed quite off from what they are, but soon my doubts were vanquished and the rest of the fanfic was great.
AquilaCinereo chapter 1 . 4/3
Hehe, Weatherby...
Figments of Delusion chapter 39 . 3/28
Do you have any idea how this was sheer perfection! It was...flawless! *bursts into tears*
Excellent story (and I never saw Firefly)!
arthurdent chapter 39 . 3/27
I've read about eight fanfics ever, so I'm not an expert, but they were all recommended to me and they were all very good or excellent. Most were at least as good as the hundreds of 'professionally authored' books I've read except sometimes with less accurate proofreading. This one was easily the best of them all.

It captured the wit and humour of Firefly and Serenity and the combination of weird and normal that is the Harry Potter series. Perfectly.

My congratulations to the author. You obviously have the potential to make a 'best-seller', if you haven't already.
I'll certainly go looking for your other works.

To anyone reading reviews to see if this fic is interesting and worth your time - definitely yes. If you haven't seen the Firefly series then the Serenity movie, then do that first. If you haven't read at least a couple of the Harry Potter series of books then do that first too. They're both worthwhile anyway. Then come straight back here and read this fic. It's better than excellent, it's brilliant.
Dirt Rider 712 chapter 39 . 3/25
Excellent story! This crossover works really well and leaves me wanting more. Any chance you have plans for any future HP/Firefly stories? I'm going to be following you just in case.

It's nice to find a fanfic so well written, that manages to keep the reader engaged through three hundred thousand words. There are a lot out there that start to wander after a while and seem to lose steam... and subsequently readers. You've got a lot of detail and good ideas that kept me interested throughout.

The characters were excellent as well. The characters that everyone knows from these two universes were well portrayed and believably true to their personalities. The OCs felt like they had some real depth to them. They really made the story feel full.

Thank you for writing this! I'm sad to be finished with it, but at the same time that's a good thing because it lets me know I really enjoyed it.

Dirt Rider