Reviews for How To Write a SessKag Fic
TheShipper123 chapter 1 . 11/13
wow... interesting...
Kaze chapter 1 . 7/26
Laying on sarcasm pretty thickly, I love it. This should be shown to new audience, since I don't know how visible this story is from depths of the archives.

I actually have nothing against the pairing itself, but massive OOC and very badly written bashing are just awful.
Phoenix Takaramono chapter 1 . 6/30
I love you.

...Well, to be more precise, I love your self-aware parody and for having the balls to write this in wake of the overzealous fans who would defend this pairing to the death. You have completely, coincidentally summarized the step-by-step guide of the top reasons why I cannot even finish a SessKag story or even muster up one of my own. The cliches. The OOCness. The OCs! (OMG, the OCs. So true. Kudos.) So incredibly done-to-death and such predictable storylines! It got so old, I've developed a slight aversion of seeing even the words "SessKag" in summaries and/or tags.

I'm actually surprisingly open minded to reading all sorts of IY pairings. Straight or homosexual or incestual or crack. There are reasons to love and hate everyone of them. I have personal problems with the IY franchise, so it's made me uniquely unbiased to all characters being smushed into romantic long as they're written well and I'm in the mood. I've even read the supposed good Sess/Kag ones, just to see what the hype was all about, but then my teenaged self remembered that I had disliked Kagome's 15-year old immaturity and trying to bring myself to root for this sort of character to fall in love and essentially "marry" a 500-year old demon and forsake everything she'd known all for the sake of love/getting fantastic nookie...the reality check of her situation and the pedophilic indications made me stop. (I am a bit old-fashioned.) Nowadays, I still cannot bring myself to finish those fics, even though they seem to live up to what people are claiming. It is my goal to reread those two or three fics, but there is always the little part of me that'd liked the canon pairings. Therefore it has to take nothing short but a combination of personal boredom and a lot of faith and a suspension of disbelief for me to finish reading any Sess/Kag.

I guess what galls me the most, like you've pointed out, is when authors forget Sesshomaru is a bit of an asshole and dislikes humans in general. As the reader (especially from a person who's seen the anime), I require a reasonable suspension of disbelief in their set-up before I can swallow any inevitable romantic OOCness (because, let's face it...every romance fanfiction has their OOC moments, no matter how well-written or well-conceived that they are) and bring myself to go along with the ride. SessKag, for me, is the most difficult for me to accept solely for the fact that I can only see Sesshomaru being interested in a mature, equally independent, and confident character...and I cannot see a middle schooler fitting those shoes, no matter if she does come from a different time. 1 year is not enough for a girl to grow up both mentally and psychologically. Then, there's the canon IY/Kag to deal with. Then, there's the forsaking of her education and family. And the fact that Sesshomaru is a terrifying sonvabitch with little moral scruples and I cannot fathom a modern, brave, caring, regular middle-school to highschool/college girl seeing anything attractive in that block of ice murderer that would make him more attractive than IY. IY is the easier and more relateable choice. And I have problems with that canon pairing as well! (Though IY/Kag is my automatic go-to. The nostalgia goggles somehow makes it safe, and makes me more forgiving...even with its faults.)

So, huh. I guess, for me personally, these authors are already facing an uphill battle. It takes the rare sort of Sess/Kag fic for me to throw all logic out of the window and enjoy what's being presented. That already limits me to a small crowd already. It's just weird that this supposed popular pairing is the one that makes me tentative and hesitant to follow through (though, it's gotten better...I am able to read some oneshots and PWPs now...because they skip all the cliches and jump right to the point by having an already established relationship.) The IY fandom makes me freeze up in general.

Great parody. You deserved all the titles and recognition. (Such an astute person, you~!)
fluffyyoukai chapter 1 . 6/23
Honestly, when I found out that there are lots of Sesskag shippers out there I was really shocked. I was like, Oh come on! Like, really!? Lol. Sesskag doesn't make sense to me in any way. I do know that people can ship anywho they want to ship. Be it yaoi, yuri, incest, or inucest (duh.), everyone has a right to their own wants. But I don't get why most fans fight hard for their ships when clearly the characters they ship are so out of this world. Take Sesskag for one. Sess never liked Kagome that way. He tried to kill her during their first meetings. He mocked Inu because he was associating himself with a mortal. Sess was not interested in the miko romantically, not at all. There were not even hints to make us think that way. To make a successful Sesskag fanfiction, one must have all characters completely OC, and have one hell of a creative mind that would actually make "Sesshomaru falling for Kagome" believable. Because no matter how I see it (and I tried to read Sesskag stories before), they don't attract me in any way. They make me cringe right down to my bones, not because the story or the writer itself sucked, but the pairing is just plain unbelievable. Not to mention utterly impossible.
hermenegilda chapter 1 . 6/17
This is so accurate! Maybe I have a bit higher tolerance for bullshit, because I can stand (not particularly like!) PWPs which often don't make any sense and cracks sometimes are funny if written well. But the most annoying thing is when stories belittle feelings Kagome and Inuyasha have for each other or alter Inuyasha's character to something not recognizable anymore - for me it ruins a fiction from a start and shows utter lack of creativity.
And I love Sesshomaru as an indifferent asshole. Adding some life trauma destroys his charm (haha, if we assume a cold fish can have any) and nearly always mellows him too much for me to stand it. And really, it's not impossible to write a tiny bit mellowed Sesshomaru without turning him OOC (check "Hooked" by SilentScribe Sessh/Rin parent/daughter fic - unfortunately, I don't have such examples of Sessh/Kag).
Sadly, because of Sessh/Kag fics I started to dislike Kagome. Sometimes I re-read manga to remember why I liked her in the first place. I also think that you forgot to add "osuwari/sit boy" abuse on Inuyasha.
Marzannar chapter 1 . 4/13
Personally I am a SessKag supporter through and through, but this fic was a masterpiece. I cannot say anything bad about it. These are the most common problems in that pairing and they ruin everything. Every SessKag shipper should just take a look at this before they write anything.
nikkisue01 chapter 1 . 3/15
OK, not every sesskag fanfiction is tie that I personally think inukag is stupendous but hey look for what you like but their not gonna stop writing them because you don't like it
Cresenta's Lark chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
Omg this is PERFECTION! SUMS up WHY I loathe SessKag so much, there is NO BASIS WHATSOEVER for the pairing (not even ONE scene) and yet so many idiots be like "Sesshomaru and Kagome were made for each other! Kagome doesn't love Inuyasha, it's his brother she really loves!"

Pisses me off SO much. -_-
mssuggalove chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
Ok this story was hilarious!...And actually quite accurate... 0_0
karin37 chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
THIS IS SUCH A GREAT FIC. Sess/Kag is literally the only pairing I can't stand. I fucking hate it so much and this fic basically sums up all the reasons Sess/Kag is stupid. I can't believe there are 14k Sess/Kag fanfics on this site. It should be abolished.
TheBrokenSunrise chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
I personally like sesskag, it's my all time favorite paring, but this is damn funny .ll
Khorale chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
The best SessKag fic I've seen so far.
Insane is my name chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
This was mad stupid and funny and poor koga I loved it I was laughing a lot at the end :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2013