Reviews for Somebody's Nobody
NekomataFangirl chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Before I start reading- Honda is so often overlooked, as obviously he is a minor character. It will be an interesting experience to read a story written completely from his point of view. I really do wonder what kind of person he is in this fic. I cannot wait to see what is really in his head.

The guys are bastards for not realising how Honda really feels. You know it's bad when someone gets less attention than Ryou.

WHAT. why is this oneshot so short. I thought I was barely beginning! :3

Nice, pleasant, light and cheery. The ending statement verges on cheesiness, but is heart-warming nonetheless. I personally prefer longer stories, where the insight into one's thoughts has the chance to become incomparably more elaborate (AND I have developed a taste for heavier fics with a nice body count). Having said that, it would be unfair of me to criticise Somebody's Nobody only because it doesn't tap into my particular taste. On the other hand I believe my lack of admiration for this short and sweet piece comes from having read more recent pieces by the writer first, and thus making it hard for this early oneshot to compete with incredibly sublime pieces written years after this one.
Aquailita chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
*applauds a lot*

OMG THAT WAS JUST SO SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!

I commend you for taking on the POV of a character that is usually seen as flat and boring and simple. But you really just like...WOW. my heart is all warm and fuzzy inside and stuff.

a friend of mine recommended me to you. This is the first story of yours that I'm reading, and I can tell that I'm going to enjoy your writing A LOT.
I'm off to read more of your fanfics now!

Good luck on your next fanfic!
Nathanel chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Holy Shit! Honda gained a personality!? I kid, I kid. XD
If you read the first few manga (you might have), you will find out how important to the plot he was. If it wasn't for him, Yugi would've never battled Kaiba to begin with. Really loved the personality you gave him btw.
roseofnoonvale chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
this is great. I've never seen Honda portrayed this way.
looptheloopy chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
I don't tend to read Honda fics (nothing against him, just never bothered searching) but since I'm stalking your fics, I decided I would. I have to say that I adore how you've done this :) And what do you mean "Honda's flat in this fic" ! HE IS NOT! You portray him really well, Jou to. So bravo ;3 *huggles*
ChaosTurtle chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
nice story, that's really different from your other fanfics

but I really like it 3
Parker Stark chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I think that just by Honda admitting he's a nobody, he's become a somebody...yeah..

I liked this. Nice job! _
Rogue1979 chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Aw, poor Honda. I think people do take him for granted andleave him out of their fics a lot. I'm a culprit in that, and the truth of the matter is, I'm sure if he were never there, no one would miss him, but the FACT of the matteris, he Is there and he does sometimes get written and he IS an integral part of the story over all, even as a supporting role.

Well written, as always!
Comrade Trufflinskinovichevna DeLevikna chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
This was cute. Wasn't too angst ridden, but it wasn't happy-clappy either.

I liked it. Friendship all the way XD

- DL
Secretly Sparkling chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Oh, God. This actually made me cry. "A somebody and his nobody." was probably the absolute most perfect way to describe and summarize this piece. It was introspective and... just wow. So good. I love stories that explore the relationship between Jonouchi and Honda, probably because Honda is overlooked and Jonouch is generalized. Characterization was beautiful here.

...and I'm rambling again. (eek) But honestly, this is just gorgeous.
BumblingLobster chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
there aren't many honda ficcies around. there's alot of jou, alot of yugi tons of yami/bakuras/mariks, some anzu and mais, but not many hondas. i liked this one, really tapped into the whole point of yu-gi-oh: friendship and sticking together. only, you didn't make it as cheezy as that sounded right there...-_-;;

honda's cool! _

cgflower
DreamingChild chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
I'm glad you had Jou come out and talk to Honda; Jou and Honda are such a good balance. Honda's always smacking some sense into Jou! If Honda ever acted like he did here, I'm sure Jou would do just what he did here _
Ryan-Ookami chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Wow! That was really good! It was short and simple, but really well written and sweet, I enjoyed it very much. It was an interesting introspective, and I'm glad in the end he realized that just being important to one person is enough, it was a really nice ending.

The opening poem was also very nice and fit the mood of the story perfectly. Good job!

Ryan
Joey-lover chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
o this was really good! there isn't too many stories like this anymore. the wole story just went along together perfecting. didn't jump around and have to idea's messed up. it was strait the whole way though. no one really writes about honda, or some of the other characters, so it made the story even better. love it and keep up the awsome work!
Fluoxetine chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
I've never seen anyone dig very deep into Honda; good job in being creative! I also like the points you touched upon; nice!

Good job with this! Sorry for the late review, BTW.