Reviews for Somebody's Nobody
imagines writes chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
"You’re somebody to me an’ I want you to be there." This is good. Ahh, I love it when Honda gets written about. To me, the most interesting characters are the background ones, because their personalities can be played with more.

And *squee* for Honda and Jou. :D
Cymoril Avalon chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
This is very, very good!

I just want to point out that no one calls Bakura "Ryou", and he certainly wasn't close enough to any of the group for them to call him by his first name, let alone Honda.

And what about Shizuka? T_T

~I’m determined…when food’s involved~

HAHAHAHA that cracked me up.
Satra chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Wow... I never thought about it that way. Great work! Can't wait for the next one _~
evilblackbunny chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Awsome! can i borrow the poem used in this oneshot?
Under Finger And Thumb chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
*eyes the candy, tackles* CANDY! *shoves into Malik's mouth from Cry Of The Wicked* He must be hyped up and cocked before the next chapter! Mwuahah! *eats some of the candy then returns the rest to Ferris*

Anyways! This was a great one-shot. Congrats.

Now, time to go lay down.
can't think chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
awesome fic. very deep. i've always felt honda was underappreciated. i've never felt he was useless. hellz, i've felt Jounouchi forgets about him sometime, since they've been friends so long but he suddenly became yugi's best friend. so, i'm glad you wrote a fic showing that jou does treasure his friendship.

and just because i have to say it, i'm totally a honda fan. *huggles honda*
palesadpuppet chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Wow! What a unique idea, Ferris. _ You're absolutely right that Honda doesn't have a big enough role in a lot of stories- though in 'The Fool's Journey' by Simone Landon, he plays a pretty major part (i.e., you should totally read that cause it's awesome. xD). I really liked it, especially because you made Honda into a hugely more interesting character. Not to mention, it's return of the intelligent!Jou.

*swipes candy* :D
PSYchOtiC-teNdencieS chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
AWESOME! This is incredibly interesting... and I do tend to find that the more an author bases characters after his/herself, the more believable it is. Jou's awesome. And out of purely innocent curiousity (heheh), may I ask about what kind of relationship you're trying to depict between Honda and Jou? I mean, it looks like friendship, pure and true, to me. But... the way it's written it seems that one could detect shounen-ai undertones... I just want to know if that's purposeful or not.
Almandine-Azaleea chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Really intersting idea. I loved how it's written, and the poem is simply exquisite. _ Loved it! I'm adding you to my alerts! _
Tabby chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Aw. That was sweet! You're right. Poor Honda doesn't really have much of a part and no one writes about him. I mean, I really like him. He's great in the manga. The fact that he stays by his friends, he helps those when they need help no matter who they are. He's a cool character. I liked that you made this fic about him. I love the way you put in Jou and his relationship ( as friends ). And I adore that last line 'A somebody and his nobody'. *Sighs* You're just a great writer. Love this fic. To bad he isn't written about more often. It would be interesting to read stuff about him. . .
Spryte chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Honda's usually ignored and left out, it's good he gets some attention once in a while. Good ficcy.
Silver Mirror chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Awsome one shot! I loved that you did it around Honda! Job well done!
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Friends are just that friends and are needed no matter what. I think Jou needs Honda as a friend for his support whether he is any help or not. Just his being there helps Jou keep his strength. This is a good reminder that no one is useless. Good job.
Little Ann chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Fantastic. I always did wonder how Honda felt, because you got it just right, he is "just" a bystander, "just" a cheerleader. He's a background character, but he's one of my favorites. I like that somebody wrote a story from his point of view, about his feelings, because it's always Yami, Jonouchi or Yugi. Sometimes Ryou. Anyway, this is a really good story.
StormySkys chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Heh, very cute. Jou and Honda are soul mates...not in the romantic way but...yeah.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2