Reviews for A Pleasure to Burn
Ariajack chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
It may sem odd that I'm writing this six years after the story was published, but just first that record I would like to say, I love that book.

Second this is the first fic I read that made me think about something. Every time I read something where Roy is drowning himself in guilt I want to give him a hug (or have Riza give him a hug) and make him feel better. But if the one thing separating Roy from the devil is the all-consuming guilt then, maybe it's a good thing. Equivalent exchange, he pays for humanity in guilt. Thanks for the thought.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Really interesting. Loved the angst and all of the feelings you were enable to invoke here. The ideas were also quite interesting...

Thanks for writing!

Sapphireswimming
just a rambling romantic chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
oh

OH MAN

YOU LIKED THAT BOOK, TOO? :D Joy joy joy
The SPAZtastic Lawlrus chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Wow! This is amazing! Sounds perfectly like what might be running through Roy's mind. Your writing is brilliant, I really enjoyed this fic. :3

-Spaazeeh
Jayne Foyer chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Oh jeez.

This was really good. I'm actually reading Fahrenheit 451 for school at the moment, so it was a great surprise when I read the quotes here. But they fit absolutely perfectly. Really, really good job. :)
Ruingaraf chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
ZOMG, I totally wasn't the only one that book reminded of Royai!

*cheers*
Robin Siskin chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
GASP! Fahrenheit 451! The more I read that book, the more I like it, and this gives me just another reason to like it.

At first I didn't recognize that the quotes were from Fahrenheit 451 because I read that book a really long time ago, but after I got it I was like SNAP! That's awesome!

Personally, I think that it's just the right length. I can't see it lengthened and still keeping the quality that it has now.

I'm looking through my copy right now, and at the very beginning it's like "Montag grinned the fierce grin of all men singed and driven back by flame." Right? I would have tied that in there somewhere, but that's just personal preference. I could have seened "only not a smile..." as "'the fierce grin of all men singed and driven back by flame,'" because it gets across the same point that were were getting across before while also integrating more of the book. Savvy? Probably not. I'm not sure what I'm talking about, either.

Thanks for the review on Waiting. This is a return review, courtesy of my FF law of equivalent exchange.
unknown01 chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
...wow...and just for ur "flame" f you gill! lol. that was like...holy crap...i go to skool with the person who wrote this? ...wow...ok. so heres the one shot reveiew i promised after you BURNED ME...foget flame..you BURNED ME lol. so yea...see ya 2moro? haha...

!

she wont shut up! *kills you know who*
elena chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Good story and great insperation. The book was well written an I enjoyed every minute of it.
ASquaddreaming chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Hi umm I liked it. It gives you a feeling of what it was like for Roy, in the desert.
Flye chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
(moans) Oh, the angst! THE AANNGGSTT!

That was powerful. Beautifully written. The emotions were strong and... striking. The italics were great. Added a lot of depth into it.

THE AWESOMENESS of YOU MAKES ME WEEP! XD

:]
PropheticMonkey89 chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
Burnings, burnings, whe!

*serious now* Now I'm a sucker for the whole burning theme, but you definitly gave pyromaniacs around the world to cheer about. Kudos _
brilliant disguise chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
Hello, you. This was good. YAY review! In fact, it was very good. I don't know the person you speak of, but it was wonderfully well-written. I love Fahrenheit 451.

Don't forget to give me a movie from which to base my newest one-shot.

Good job, Gilligan. ('s Island.)

-Brilliant Disguise.-
floofyMiko chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Whee! It was a GOOD short thing...actually, not all THAT short. O So...deliciously angsty XD. Wow. Loved it (so what else is new?). I really like this line: "He’s made that decision five times in the past four days." Our poor, poor Roy...*sniff* Oh, and I like the stuff in italics, and the quotes too.

GwaH. I will NEVER understand how you think my stuff is "well-written"...;
kishiboujin chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
That was truly haunting and really captured the mood of someone caught in a situation out of his control. It was amazing.