Reviews for Silent Thief, Stealthy Crime
Bec chapter 7 . 7/24/2008
This is, honestly, so brilliant I can't out it into words. I've been searching for a good Tess/Jonesy story for so long, and yours has done what no other story has been able to. You are a brilliant writer, you write with such knowledge of human emotions and feelings, you capture each character meticulously, and you show that the most insignificant moments between two people can be the most important and brilliant things in the universe.

Tess's portrayal was perfect, you've written her as confident in her role as a police officer, but hesitant in other aspects of her life. She loved Jonesy - we know that, she knows that - but she was never able to say it. Three little words, but she wasn't able to use them.

I read this entire story in one sitting, unable to tear myself away from it. I had no idea that Jonesy would die in this story, none at all. Tess was grieving, but why? Finally it was revealed in such a shocking way. My absolute favourite scenes were the flashbacks - the scene on the beach, so sweet and subtle; Jonesy comforting Tess in the locker room when she was upset, and so many more.

I loved it. You have a real talent for writing, and I can't wait to read more. :)
EvilGoat chapter 7 . 12/22/2007
Here’s your review that I promised I would get round to writing! I’m sorry it took so long, but because of the delay, I’m going to make it extra long for you. How’s that sound? Good? Alright let’s begin!

Okay, with every great fic there’s a positive and a negative about it right? I’m not a writer, nor do I pretend to know anything about writing, but I can say with out a doubt – this is probably one of the most intriguing, unpredictable, original and fantastically written fics I’ve ever had the privilege to read! And I’m speaking from the heart here. There are no lies in these words. And to prove that I’m speaking to you honestly, I want to comment on the positives and the negatives (don’t worry, there aren’t many of those!) of this fic. Because I want to give you a truthful review and not lavish you with praise (although there’s a lot of that towards the end). We’ll begin with the negatives, because 1. I know you’ll appreciate me being truthful to you in telling you the negatives, 2. I know you’ll want to read them first and 3. I want to save the positives for last because I know you’ll enjoy them!

The negatives

There aren’t many negatives to talk about actually….I think there’s only one, and it isn’t really even that bad. It’s to do with the character of Jaime. I really love Jaime (you’ll read more about this in the positives) but one thing that caught me off guard and confused me slightly was his openness to Tess. There he was rambling on about his personal life about Amae (how do you pronounce her name by the way?) to a complete stranger he just met a few moments ago. Maybe I’m receiving his character on a personal basis; because that is something I don’t think I’d ever do, but his straightforward nature was odd to me. Maybe his character is just like that? …Very open. I’m not sure…maybe you could help me out here? Okay that’s my accusation. Wasn’t that bad, see? Was my confusion even counted as a negative?

The positives (I know you’ll love this part)

The writing is just…ah! What sheer and utter brilliance! Honestly Emily, when I read your stories I feel like I’m reading a snippet straight out of a Jane Austen novel, or, much to your delight – a chapter straight out of one of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s masterpieces! (Was that a compliment or what?). You know how I just love your style of writing…it’s so nice to see something so different and unique here on since you know I’m an avid reader of fan fiction. But truthfully (and I swear I’m not lying to simply flatter you) there’s something very classical and almost poetic in the way you write - for instance;

“But it was his smile that struck the most ultimate affinity. It lit up his face like a shattering crash of a wave and the glitter in his eyes made him so elusively affable. There was something so outwardly gorgeous about him. It intrigued me.”

I loved that whole paragraph where you’re describing Jaime; your description is what I love the most! – You made him sound almost dreamy and very lifelike I may add! I have a nice little picture of him in my mind right now. I’ve taken a liking to his character. His demeanour is quite…addictive. For now he’s on my “characters I sympathise for” list.

Although, I have to say, Lucy is without a doubt my very favourite “Emily creation” character. She just makes me smile. She’s so sweet and humble. I salute you on your achievement of bringing Lucy’s personal “out of work” life out of the dark. From reading this chapter she seems more and more like a complete person now. I feel as if I can jump right into the computer screen and have a chat with her. Her personality is so warm and inviting! Ahh I think I’ve found a new friend. :)

This chapter went deep into Evans murder mystery once again – which I always enjoy. You have me intrigued now. Which is never a good thing on your behalf because it means I’ll be nagging, whining, winging, crying, screaming, flirting (okay maybe not that far) desperately to get you to write more. Right now I can think of a million people that could have killed Evan…only they have no motive :P The only one that COULD have done it (with a good motive for doing so which you will so effortlessly and ingeniously produce!) is Dylan. But that’s only because you hinted it! This story is turning into a Cludeo type scenario. You have me guessing now! Hm…I suggest…It was Mrs. White, in the Library, with the rope! :D

Now that it has come to the end of my review, I feel remised not to end it with a heartfelt, inspirational message. But alas – I can not think of one! All I can say is - – After reading each chapter of any of your stories, I thank the lord constantly on how he gave you such a wonderful gift that you have used so generously and shared with others…

(I suppose that could have passed for sweet?)

This chapter gets a 10/10

x Ella.
Paige Simmons chapter 5 . 7/13/2007
hey em

Long time, i am glad to see you are writing more! well i have a new job , i am working at sydney's best hotel! The shangrila in circular quay, its good however very hard!

do you know how much i have missed you? how have u been? please send me an email or something.

all my love

Paige
Sam285 chapter 7 . 7/6/2007
I never mind waiting for more of your fics because they are always worth it. I particularly love how you use flashback in this fic and in this chapter especially.

Well done!
The Evil Sheep chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo mamma yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father yo father um...yeah. So now that i have gotten that out of me...i really love your story so far! its very sweet.
paige Simmons chapter 6 . 12/23/2006
dearest em

well i know its been ages since we last talked but i miss ya heaps and are thinking of ya, so i thougt i would read and then write, as usual...

well i love it blah blah blah you know how i feel about ur fics! how was the hsc? work is going great i am having a heap of fun working m butt off, i do like 60 hrs a week now, jeez who'd have thought i would have ever! but i got this weekend off, my first in 7 months!

anyway write to me please i miss you heaps!

merry christmas, ps its my bday soon, omg i will be 19!

paige
EvilGoat chapter 6 . 12/14/2006
I’ve said it once, I’ve said it twice, and I’ve said it every time I read one of your fics – Brilliant.

I have a few parts in particular that I want to make reference to:

* I just HAVE to give you snaps for the romantic beach kiss in chapter 6. I just thought that was the highlight of the whole fic. After the terrible ordeal in chapter 4, I think we needed a bit of light, so well done. I crave the romance!

* I love the character of Lucy. What you’ve accomplished with her character is amazing. She’s just so kind, sweet, caring and pretty much always calm. If you’re a huge fanfic reader like myself, and digest about 2 new fanfics a day, you’ll find the whole calm, sweet, gentle, caring characters have done a runner on And now that you’ve written 2 more chapters, you have gone more in depth with her. We’ve found out a bit of her history, and that she was married for 30 years before her husband died, and now we know she has a son. All I can ask is that we find out more about Lucy, she’s really very intriguing, even if she is just the sideline character.

* Evan rescuing Tess from the water – so cute! Loved the chemistry throughout that whole scene. He just cares so much about her!

Oh and I HAVE read chapter 4, you sent it to me ages ago, but I re-read it again. I must admit, I hate reading it. *sniffles*

2 VERY powerful chapters, both so meaningful and inspirational…*sighs* I wish they weren’t over. It’s a good thing your chapters are so long, if they were short they wouldn’t be enough to fulfill my TJ fanfic addiction. Bring on the TJ! There aren’t enough TJ writers out there.

Well, I’m going to go read the beach scene again. :P I swear, I’m addicted to the romance scenes. You need more of them!

Thank you for those two fantastic chapters, you know I’m dying for another.

Talk to you on MSN soon.

Ella. xoxoxo
Sarah chapter 6 . 12/10/2006
Interesting. Perhaps try to be more succinct. It was awfully long winded.
Sam chapter 6 . 12/8/2006
So you did keep up your end of the bargain! And I'm very glad you did, that was fantastic. Your writing is always so visual and descriptive and makes me wish my fics were half as descriptive (although if my series were to be even half as descriptive as your's, it may end up far too long..).

Something that always amazes me is how well you have Tess and Jonesy worked out. About the only Heeler I can write properly is Amy.

More soon? Please?
Sam chapter 5 . 9/17/2006
Again, a very well written and emotionally charged chapter. Still very sad, poor Tessy. You are doing a wonderful job of getting inside Tess' head and exploring the way she feels about herself and Jonesy. I hope chapter 6 comes soon.
paige Simmons chapter 4 . 7/14/2006
hey

one again, what can one say? it has made me think and do things i don't wanna write about. loveis soo hard soo exhusting, i don't know how to do it anymore.
chantal chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
ok well i havent read the story becouase i hate t/j! lol s/j are soul mates! but i did read all the comments and it must b a awesom as story. i would read it but i refusse to read any t/j ones soz lol but if u wrote a s/j one i would be reading it over and over ok well c-ya

love chantal.

RIP BLUE HEELERS 1994-2006!
Sam chapter 4 . 6/20/2006
Yet again, another brilliant chapter. Make me cry why don't you? It takes a lot for a story to make me cry, but I was seriously glued to my computer screen. So very devastating, yet so very good. You could release that as a novel and it would be a best seller. I love the insight into Tess' mind, and Jonesy's death was written so well that it was actually scared me a little. Once again, you're making me feel rather inadequate as a fanfic writer. Well done.
Emsta chapter 2 . 6/18/2006
god you write long chapters!

I wanna know more about the baby
Emsta chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
ooh! new story! must read! Its interesting, but why must you kill Jonesy off witha Brain Tumour? You realy like putting these two through shit, huh?