Reviews for A Weak Man
DeadPigeon chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Nothing like getting a review five years later. Another writer reminded me of this movie, one of my favorites, all but forgotten in my mind. I loved the closure you gave to their relationship. Well done! I mighteven consider adding a story to this section. I see that you haven't written anything in a while. Maybe this review will get you to return to writing.
Skye0906 chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
You write very beautifully.

"Stigmata" is a movie that emotionally moves you, not only with the actual story, but how that story is told and through whom it is done so. I think you do it a similar justice here. Andrew is such a lovely character and I think you bring to light his strengths and his confusions and what he considers his failures, and even in them we love him just the same, or maybe more. The continuation of his of his and Frankie's relationship is dealt with very eloquently, and I enjoyed seeing how you described her own growth and maturity through her experiences.

I echo an earlier reviewer that said we need more "Stigmata" fan fiction, but if yours is just the few we get, then I say, we're pretty lucky as it is.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
nicola chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
yeah new fic love it we need more stigmata fanfic i have looked everywhere and found nothing.

update soon or add more fic cause i love them.
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Wow, Mel...this was wonderful. It's ironic that I'm reading and reviewing it at this time on Sunday morning-I'm usually in church now, but I couldn't sleep last night after our chat ended-I stayed up till practially 5 am. So here I am, supposed to be sleeping and I read your fic and it's fantastic!

Although I haven't seen the movie in years, the way you wrote it was very refreshing, especially the essence of what Stigmata is about: that organized religion, from the beginning of time and even now, has corruption. I believe in God yes, and I do consider myself a Christian, at the same time, there is no denying that there has been corruption in the Church and many occurences that the Church wants to cover up-and if you think about it, it's just within Catholicism...there's boo-boo's or screw-ups(if I can call it that) within each organized religion, be it a cover-up of very important scriptures, fanatics acting out terrorist actions, so-called "Holy Wars..." you get the picture. In the end though, we're all human and bound to "fail" or be "weak".

But even more Stigmata held the idea that we can find God in our Hearts and that He lives there...it's not always about being in a building. I do believe in my heart that church is important, as it is great to be with believers and people who are like-minded, however, we still have to seek God ourselves.

I think you expressed this with Andrew very well. It seems that he enjoyed questioning everything around him. I feel for him, because he's not "weak" at least not to me, however I do see where you're going with this. Based on his faith, he may feel that sin has weakened him, and he struggles with his desires...desires he think makes him a "failure". At the same time, he comes to terms with the fact that he is a mortal man. Even when Jesus Christ was on earth, according to his beliefs, He experienced the weakness that we humans endure so therefore that's one reason he stays with his spirituality because if no one understands him, if even Frankie doesn't, at least The One who would understand is Jesus, the Son of God.

I am glad that in the end, he had the "renewed faith" to believe in himself and let go of what he felt was "weakness". I'm glad he kissed Frankie and that he allows himself to be what God created him to be: a man with desires-and not neccessarily bad desires either! And I'm also really thrilled that you wrote of how Frankie changes from being a skeptical atheist to one who is renewed by spirituality.

You did a beautiful job on this fanfic and I hope you write more. This was a terrific break from KB and much needed as we discussed. Take care and I hope we chat soon!