Reviews for A Turning Point
shiney02 chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
this was great. Now I wish there was a story where Enjolras meets Cosette somehow and realizes who her mother wass ;)
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I think I might have read this a couple years ago but never reviewed, so here's my belated appreciation-this was an excellent premise and has stuck with me. :D
mywildimagination chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Holy cow. I thought I would hate this. Now the opposite is true. Thank you.
x-Goody2Shoes-x chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Oh... my...

That was FANTASTIC! I loved the description of him like a drunken, blundering child... and oh, Enjolras, you and your nobility! He was so sweet! Gah! this was epic! I'm am SO favouriting!
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Favoriting
aSqueeIntheDistance chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Whoa. Really well-written, wonderful idea to have the characters meet like this, and E.'s revelation. Wonderful!
Shedemei chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
You wrote this for a challenge, right? Well, if you did, you pulled it off excellently. Your descriptions were particularly gritty and realistic. And why do people keep telling you the ages of the characters are wrong if you looked them up in the book? Meh...anyway, great piece. Hooray for a chance encounter turning Enjolras into a revolutionary.
crossroads18 chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
This is so good, it's very well written. The only things that bothers me about it are that one, Enjolras is completely out of character. At one point in the book, Enjolras kisses the hand of one of the other barricade boys who has died and it reads something like, "This was the only kiss Enjolras had ever given in his life." Enjolras' whole being is war-obsessed and feeling no emotion other than utter passion to kill and defeat the other side. And the other is that Fantine is not older than Enjolras, she was only fifteen herself. Unless this story is taking place if Fantine hadn't died, and now is in the future. But overall, your writing is beautiful. It's only the character details, and only because I'm a freak about Les Mis. I'm sorry if this offends you at all, because really, I enjoyed it a lot.
nine miles to go chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
this is ingenious
Mlle. Eponine chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
I am extremely impressed with this piece! You've given a reason for Enjolras to devote his life to the people, and it was a nice touch to bring Fantine in. Seems a little out of character for him to get drunk and be with women, but a wonderful story nonetheless!

*Can I?*

He can.
Nightcat chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
I love it I love it! I lovee Enjolras, you have to know, and the style is good.
Cogito Ergo Sum chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
This is vergeet_me_niet from LJ ;)

That was lovely. I liked how Enjolras saw the poverty that Fantine was in and how it made him think about his revolutionary ideas... It makes me happy somehow.
Silveni chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
I like it. I never would have thought of it.

But I'm not sure he can be sixteen. Just by random age-timing. I mean, if he's what - twenty-one when we meet him again, that gives Cosette five years to go from being five to being fifteen.

That is my only discrepancy. And I am willing to completely ignore it to like your story. Which I do. A lot.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Completely and utterly brilliant! A good idea made into a great and perfectly believeable story. Very nice.
Anna chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
I always find fanfic for the shows I'm doing at the time in school, which led me to your story. It's awesome when i can find fics that really mirror the particular atmosphere that we give the show cuz I feel like it lends more depth to it. Also, it makes me even more excited for the performances.

In other words, I love this. Seriously. Please write more.