Reviews for Broken Rituals
Wraith chapter 7 . 2/5
Love it, update?
w- easy enough chapter 7 . 9/26/2012
oh gosh, this is so sad and so cute, and really, none of the ff characters have suffered as much as Cloud I think, well, at least in the other games, 'cause Sephiroth comes pretty close. Oh Leon, you idiot. I hope they make up soon!
Aniset chapter 7 . 9/2/2011
But, but, you said! You said it would be up sooner! I'm dying! I need more Kingdom Heartsy goodness.

On a more serious not, this is a very good piece of writing. You manage to keep them in character even while you're developing them. I just would really like to see another chapter. I love Cloud and I feel a missing a part of my soul without his POV. Save me.
Tears Parallel chapter 7 . 5/27/2011
Completely surprised that I found a story where Squall and Cloud have their original pasts from their respective Final Fantasy games. I really enjoy the struggles that you've made them both go through in an attempt to find who they really are, and then Squall messing up that opportunity by clinging to the past. It's really ironic how when he has the chance to let go of his mistakes, he ends up choosing to make mistakes instead.

I hope that one day you'll come back to continue this story. I'll be waiting!
Waltzin Atlanta chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Oh, my God, I'm not sure I can express how much I love this. I read it a long time ago before I had an account and I liked it immensely back then; now, returning to it (probably years) later, it's just as fantastic as I remembered. Your writing is superb—all of your characters are so canon and believable, and everything just flows.

I *love* your portrayal of Leon and Cloud. You both capture their inner struggles and stay true to their history, so it's easy to see why they have all these problems. The interactions between them are just wonderful—two laconic ex-mercenaries who are extraordinarily similar make for great (if not particularly verbose) conversations.

Finally, I really appreciate how slowly you develop everything. I mean, so much happens in each chapter, but it takes a lot of time for them to come to trust each other. They're both such tortured characters that this seems like the only way they could feasibly come together—and how easily that fragile relationship is damaged! It's really quite heartbreaking.

Anyway, I'm just blabbing on now, but I wanted to let you know how absolutely incredible this fic is. I know it's been nearly four years since you've updated, and I completely understand that sometime the motivation for a story just vanishes, but there's definitely a part of me that's hoping (dying) for you to finish this.

The point is: brilliant plot line, brilliant development, brilliant characterization, and all-around brilliant writing! Thank you for contributing this to the KH fandom.
nyxtorii chapter 7 . 9/30/2010
omgggggggggg

are u ever gonna finish the story?
CleverPhoenix chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
I love this story so far! Barely any other Kingdom Hearts fic actually sticks to the actual background for Leon and Cloud. Its absolutely brillient and I really hope that you don't just give it up!
Jaymee chapter 7 . 11/29/2008
Despite the fact that I don't like yaoi and/or malexmale fluff, I find myself thoroughly enjoying this fic. Most likely because you are a fantastic writer, and also because I love your portrayal of Squall and Cloud. You manage to give them a depth that makes them seem more 'real' somehow, thus making me adore them even more! I hope to read more soon.
StrayValkyrie chapter 7 . 11/15/2008
I like the depth of the characters you're exploring in this story. There's thought given to each and every action and reaction from both sides involved and makes the both of them seem more easily related to than they would be otherwise.

It's been a year and a half since an update, but if it's ever continued I'd love to read more. :)
azure sea chapter 7 . 8/2/2008
hey, they are really awesome!

i'd like to read more of your wonderful work, please keep on writing! it just gets more emotional and i wonder when the two of them will get together.
piratelore chapter 7 . 5/9/2008
Ooh... I really like Cid's part in this chapter. He may be a profanity-spewing-machine, but theres nothing better than a mouthfull of brusque, sharp words to bring you back to your senses :3 I really like what you've got going on here!
LetTheWildRumpusBegin chapter 7 . 4/30/2008
Babe, I'm beggin' you, will there be more?
arisaxlavi911 chapter 7 . 4/19/2008
This is a really good story I am enjoying it so update soon. UPDATE SOON!
AikoNamika chapter 5 . 4/9/2008
Going through these chapters and enjoying them immensely. Sorry I haven't been commenting on them individually, but I've sort of been zipping through them and having fun. This one, though...ouch. I got that achy feeling in my chest and throat, and ow, poor Cloud, because that's one hell of a gut punch, and I hurt for him so much. Leon too, but still. *gives them both a good hug* Lovely fic. In reference to the other chapters, I love the rather nonchalant physical contact between the two of them, especially with Leon just walking by Cloud and giving him a light touch now and then. The fact that someone who is undoubtedly a horrifically paranoid warrior like Cloud trusts a similarly paranoid warrior like Leon enough to let him touch him so casually...lovely. It really speaks a lot about them. And that scene in the training grounds, where they're not quite sure what they're doing, but they're touching just because it feels nice, feels right...I like it. I also like that they aren't falling out of character - they're remaining their stoic, manly, brooding, emo selves the whole time they're going through this. _
Whitefleur chapter 7 . 3/18/2008
nice.. why aren't you updating?