Reviews for Techniques of Chaos
MaxKnight1010101 chapter 13 . 11/11/2010
I don't partake in Phantasy Star fan fiction very often, if ever, but I will say that this one can only be described as brilliant. It just kind of pulls you in... I didn't recognize the tech Zonde, though. Whatever game it comes from has to have been from beyond PS2-4.

As I said, I don't read fiction relating to Phantasy Star very often, but felt like at least checking into it since I wrote my companion piece for my Phantasy Star 3 LP. While I was mostly looking for other PS3 related stories, I found this one and really just had to read it. You've done an excellent job with it, and I quite admire your talent.
Demonic Weasel chapter 13 . 8/27/2008
To begin with, I must apologize for reading this tale in just one sitting. The reason I bother to mention it is largely just because doing such a thing (with a longer story anyway, which this is, somewhat) often leads to missing details, and less clarity than may be hoped for in a review.

That said, I wish to conclude that this is a very... gratifying fic. I'm hardly a Phantasy Star buff, though I've played all of the original games numerous times, the details sometimes escape me, and I haven't had much interaction with the fanworld on the internet. I've barely read any Phantasy Star fanfiction, and I'm now attempting to rectify that error.

I find your personal history with this story to be very touching as well. On the whole though, as I said before, this tale is very solid. The obvious draw is the meeting between Alys and Rune, but, while that was superb, I really enjoyed the relationship you explored between Alys and Galf. The two of them were nicely fleshed out and very consistent. That's another thing I want to compliment you on, specifically, incidentally. Your writing is very consistent in terms of both style and characterization.

Additionally, while you didn't explore it in huge detail, I enjoyed your speculations on morality, and the general pyschology you painted for your characters. Best of all is the way that you merely take the setting and build off of what was given to you in the games. A very solid read, sir. Very solid.
Indigo Steel chapter 13 . 7/12/2008
It has been a while since I've tired looking for fanfic to read, and longer still since I've looked for Phantasy Star fic. But recently having started another playthrough, of PS4, I decided to look and see what I could find.

What I found was this fic and must say that I throughly enjoyed reading it. I love how you expanded on the world of the game, giving each place details that made it feel more real. I also loved how you fleshed out the tech system and how it differed from magic. And now having finished the story, I find myself hoping that at some point you might get inspired to write more about the adventures Alys, Rune, and Galf must have had while they were working together. Even if you don't, congratulations on a well-written story.
Unknown 200X chapter 13 . 9/4/2007
Finally found you! Switched aliases, how naughty. (Er...I'm guilty of this too. So I really just said that in jest.) I've enjoyed your works since I first stumbled on them, however long ago *that* was...I'm thinking maybe a year. Or two?

Yep, two.

To be honest, the original characters were a bit of a put off at first, but I think I've come to appreciate them. Prelate Arjan especially. You have a knack for writing mysteries. I'm kind of envious.

As for this story in was an enjoyable read, and kept me stuck in the computer chair. And seeing as I'm an easy to distract person (I distract myself sometimes), that's saying something.
MikariStar chapter 13 . 5/22/2006
This was a great read. Different from all the other "how Alys met Rune" fanfics in it's own original way. Very well written. :)
isahn80 chapter 13 . 5/11/2006
Wow... this is probably one of the most well written fanfics I've seen. The only other works I've seen that could compare are the "Phantasy Star Ultimate" series at the PS Pages... and unfotunately they aren't being updated anymore. As a longtime PS fan, especially IV, this was an excellent read. The dialogue and vocabulary are excellent... I'd like to read more of what you've written.

I have a fanfic I'm going to post as soon as my 3 day "probation" is over (I'm new here). You should check it out!
Bebedora chapter 13 . 4/21/2006
BRAVO! Just wonderful! I am a big fan of Phantasy Star 4 and love to see fics dealing with my two favorite characters, Rune and Alys. I would be interested to know if you have any plans to write another Rune and Alys fic, maybe dealing with events after this one? Or perhaps when the met again with Chaz and co.? I would love to read more of your PS work, I looked on the PS pages, but couldn't find your name..are they under another name, perhaps? Or maybe posted somewhere else? Here I go, once again, Great Job and I look foward to reading more of your work! -Bebedora
Bebedora chapter 12 . 4/18/2006
Fantastic! Keep up the great writing!
Bebedora chapter 10 . 4/14/2006
Great chapter! This is really starting to get interesting! Keep up the great writing, I'm looking forward to the next update!
Bebedora chapter 9 . 4/11/2006
Keep up the great work!
Bebedora chapter 5 . 4/5/2006
I like it! please update soon!