Reviews for Friendly Ties
machievelli chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Posted 22 December 2012, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but my computer went down for the second time in six months with a virus in June of 2012. Then in November kotorfanmedia went down for reasons unknown, so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. I had waited for it to revive, but you on deserve your reviews.

Pre Mandalorian Wars era: Even with different assignments, Malak and Revan maintain their friendship.

Some grammar problems, roll instead of role, that kind of thing. Nothing a sight edit wouldn't correct.

The piece so far (1st chapter) is an excellent slice of life. The one thing that bothered me with their first assignment is that Revan doesn't even bother to tell her senior partner that the Senator's wife had been treated with the new medicine, which I assume is bacta.
too lazy to sign in chapter 3 . 7/22/2007

But... but... Revan/Malak... D
helius chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Good story, but I am sick and tired of reading about so many female Revans.
Trillian4210 chapter 5 . 4/21/2007
Woo, the plot thickens, and then thickens again. That richness of plotting is something to be learned from you, methinks.

I love how Revan is oh-so-subtley changing. Not falling, per se, but starting to make some decisions that are somewhat un-Jedi-like. The transition is paced out very nicely.

"As it stood, Czerka was out of the loop as far as healing substances were concerned. And during a time of war, that was a bad spot to be in."

This is a good example of the layering of details you have here that create the overall scenes of the story.

Excellent work and if the alerts were working I would have read it all the sooner.
Auros Sopherai chapter 4 . 12/4/2006
I like the direction that you're starting to take in this chapter. As always, this story is enthralling and unique from its sheer lack of predicatablity. It's so easy to jump into the mode of writing the same story of Revan before the Mandalorian Wars, but you've really broken the mold.

I like the complexity that you have engineered in the relationship between Jek and Revan. The fact that it's physical is excellent and effective as an expression of the stress they are experiencing. Malak's character and the dynamic that brings to it is great as well. It keeps the reader wondering if there's going to be something between them...

Plot-wise, I think you're progressing very well. Quinn looks to be an interesting character. I particularly liked all the sophisticated dialogue he and Revan exchanged.

The Force to kill or harm, aha so that's the standard! ;) I like Revan's slow slip to the Dark Side. It's so very logical. Rather than, "Hey, I like evil!" which even I've become a victim of, you have her making perfectly sane rationalizations of a behavior that is nonetheless putting her on that path.

A very good chapter in one of my favorite stories (though it's new to the list :)
Trillian4210 chapter 4 . 10/11/2006
First of all, why the heck didn't I get an alert that you updated? Will remedy, for sure.

Secondly...damn. You're just knocking my socks off with this fic. It's getting better and better and your ability to handle description and set up the scene is enviable. And of course, the smut monster in me zeroes right in on this: "It had been almost three months since their first night together. There had been few nights in between when the two had actually slept alone. Revan found this new aspect of their friendship very gratifying."

I love that. It holds their relationship at arms-length by still calling it a 'friendship' which just leaves that much more to develop later. I love your Revan and I love Jek even more. He's a terrific OC, completely real and filled in.

Awesome work.
Silkwind chapter 4 . 10/7/2006
Again you did a outstanding job. The writing on the wall for Jek. You can see it coming. I wonder how he will cope with it.
Silkwind chapter 3 . 10/2/2006
Very good This story answered one of my questions, Can't wait for more.
Auros Sopherai chapter 3 . 9/14/2006
*Cringe* I thought I'd already reviewed this chapter! Here are my thoughts...Excellent chapter, good job giving Jek and Revan a little action! I like the Malak jealousy at the end, it makes me wonder how this story will end. You showed some real skill with your descriptions of the events around the Opera. Very elegant and exciting descriptions.
Kendoka Girl chapter 3 . 9/9/2006
Great finish. That had a simmering sexual tension that was worth waiting for. You really let it stew well. The attention to detail was excellent - things like the shoes, the flower, the opera...all nice touches to bring the story alive.
Kendoka Girl chapter 2 . 8/31/2006
I'm glad you brought up the question of how the Mandalorians remained undetected on Dxun.

Jek and Trae make nice character additions and compliment Revan and Malak well. The interplay is fun and energetic. I also like how you mix the wider galactic situation in with the personal sections. The sexual tension is sweet too.

Kendoka Girl chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
I liked the justification as to how Revan and Malak remained a team and the transition from background to dialog was nicely done.

You also inject a wonderful sense of personality into the characters and the minor details add a lot of life.

The sparring match was well done too and I like the interaction with Jek.

Great stuff!
Auros Sopherai chapter 2 . 7/31/2006
I'm sorry it took me so long to read and review this chapter, mostly because I've really been missing out on a great story! First of all, I really liked the way you added a new dimension to the story through the sexual tension between Jek and Revan. It really spices things up and makes things more complex. I like the way that you keep the focus on the characters, their emotions, and their interactions, while keeping us up-to-date on the bigger issues with the treaty and the war. Finally, once more I've gotta compliment you on the flow that your writing has. Your style is quick but thorough, and perfect for this kind of story.
Lorok chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
You are a KOTOR demi-godess, you have rekindled my love for the game and as soon as I beat FF8 and FF7 I will be back to playing KoToR. Mostly the first one cause Obsidian half-assed part two, but it's okay as well. I love Malak's reaction to the end there, 'Then you might not want to sit on that couch either', beautiful. Will the Exile make an appearence in this story at all?

Write more, writing is good for the soul.
Trillian4210 chapter 3 . 6/15/2006
Have I favorited this yet? I'll check after the review and make sure I have. :) This reads like a conversation, as if the narrator were simply telling a story. That may sound redundant, but the what I mean is, the style is very easy and conversational. It feels like you're just sitting across from me telling me this story. It's a helluva lot of telling and not showing, but because that's the style of this fic, it just works.

There's a lot to like about it. I love the added detail about Malak being a clean freak. The relationship you have created between the two of them (he and Revan) is incredible. I love it.

I *loved* this line: “Somehow I think Trae was searching for a woman, not a Jedi.”

Jek’s expression grew serious as he stared at her a moment. He then said, “He must not have been looking close enough.” Sqeealicious.

Love too, the love scene which was really sweet and fiery at the same time. And Revan's last line to Malak about the couch was hilarious. Love it.