Reviews for To Keep a Promise
digidestine95 chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Haven't read something like this in a while! It's cool. Like a real friendship story, so much better than the typical romance ones!
Twilight Archangel chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Aw, it was great, T.K. seemed more mature than usual so that was what made me doubt, but at the end I loved it.

Great work!
SamCyberCat chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
This was a truly enjoyable read. I hadn't thought much about interactions between Sora and T.K. before but now that I've read this I love the way you've portrayed their friendship. It feels so right an in-character. The main areas I like about how you've written the characters here are that you've shown T.K. has maturity beyond his years and you give the Digimon an equal role to their human partners. It really feels like they're part of the story and not like they're just there. And it was very easy to imagine the scene clearly in my mind because it fit with the Digimon style so well. One of those untold stories that could have happened in the series.
LittleFirefly44 chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
Wow! This is the best one-shot I've read about Sora and TK. Very sweet and touching. Sora is my favourite character and I really like TK as well. It was all true what was said about them. I liked how in-tune they were and the analysis of what they were really like and how good they were for the team in what was mentioned.
avearia chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Alright! that was a pretty good story! I liked it. I like all the girls of the digidestined group, but I think that Sora's the least developed one in the show, out of all of them. she doesn't really stand out a whole lot, not like Mimi and Kari do.

What did I find I didn't like in this story? Let's see... Um... well, you were a bit repetitive. Tk was constantly promising to be optimistic and telling sora she could care, although the latter was alot smoother than the first. also, you have a few 'word tense' issues. I noticed you had some problems with words like 'lied/lay', and with 'take'. even so, that's ok. we all have grammar problems. You also had the characters gasp alot, and I think that sort of interrupted the storyline a bit.

On a brighter note, I liked how you structured the story. Tk would be the best one (besides Tai) To bring sora to her senses about her Loving capabilities. I also thought it was a bit funny to see Tk so... well, wise. he was saying things that alot of older kids wouldn't, simply because he can see the world differently.

I also liked the mental picture of Gabumon running at the end. Gabumon doesn't seem like the type who would (or could) run very fast. It was also nice that you included the digimon... a lot of people forget about them.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good story. I hope you Keep on writing! Kudos.
Shadow of Miracles chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
*grins* so much wisdom from a small boy. Great story, this sort of shows a more deeply realtionship between TK and Sora as friends and thier digimon too. Great work.

Shadow out...
Birdboy chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
The writing itself seemed a bit awkward, but I liked the story.
Bluesv20 chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Nice *clapclapclap*
BenignUser chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
An interesting read. I could easily picture Sora wondering how her mother felt about her after all that has happened between the two, despite her response to Piyomon's injury that caused her crest to glow.

And I loved Sora's realization of how big of a help to the team she really was.

The dialogue at times seems a bit too "wordy" for a conversation between an 11-year old and an 8-year old. It almost seemed as though you were using their 02 personas back when they were still maturing in the Digital World.

Some examples: "if you feel down, doubtful, and want to give up, we never grow up and learn", "especially when things get grim", "I don’t know what is her true sense of character", "you’re like a mentor to me"

All that is said by TK, and it just doesn't seem to be the right words he'd use. Takeru had a childhood innocence during the first Adventure, and when he speaks like this, that innocence is seemingly lost.