Reviews for Weeping Well
PenKnifeName chapter 2 . 5/21/2009
Wonderful. You really made me scared for Kalliel!

As the site will not let me review the same one-chapter story twice, I have a piece of constructive criticism to give you. Since then, you have progressed a lot, but in "Caravan Callers" and stories published around that time, the action (killing the dead, etc.) seemed too fast, and a little stunted. Just saying.

You're awesome.

-Marmar.
Astarel chapter 2 . 3/26/2009
Ah, that was great. Especially Mogget's snark _.
stupidpenname chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
I love your Abhorsen ficlets. You should put them into a compilation piece or something. With each of the Abhorsen's you create completely different characters which is fantastic to see.
dracoprincess chapter 2 . 8/12/2007
Great story. So, this is your take on the secret tunnel below the grounds of Abhorsen's house? Well-planned and simply amazing. Wish I thought of this.. xD
RKQS12 chapter 2 . 4/29/2007
:D...well not that I'm happy that Kalliel died, rather that here's another great Old Kingdom fanfic. :D
viennacantabile chapter 2 . 3/10/2007
i really, really liked this. excellent characterization and detail, as always. one tiny, tiny inconsistency-if, as i think you imply, kalliel sent gilmael his bells from death, why did lirael find shattered bell-metal around his skeleton? i thought sabriel said that the bells appeared in the house when the new abhorsen is to rise (herself being an exception), so how does this work?

please keep in mind i'm in no way trying to take away from what you've done here. these histories seem like something garth nix jotted down somewhere for reference, and i love reading them. :D
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
all i can say is, how did i miss this? i do love your past abhorsen stories, they're always wonderful. i'm really interested in your kalliel-he does seem amazingly true to what i would have expected. you've done a great job with very little to go on.

one little question-in sentences such as this,

“Dust. Damp. Darkness”,

the proper way to punctuate them would be with the comma or period inside the quotes, like this:

"Dust. Damp. Darkness,"

so i'm wondering, do you happen to come from a country (like england, or someplace, though i don't know their system perfectly) that reverses this? i only ask because your mechanics are so perfect in every other way, and this is consistent. :D

can't wait to read the next chapter!
QuicktoSee chapter 2 . 2/23/2007
Oh, crepy. Shiver, shudder, twitch.

Astarael has always seemed very...*hums twilight zone tune*

Nice job. I like how you portrayed Mogget. Yay for Mogget!
LessThan3 chapter 2 . 2/6/2007
loved it. loved it loved it loved it! i love the way you kept mogget in character. hes my second fave (Sabriel being my first) and i really like to see people keeping him in character. awesome job!
Lady of the Outlaws chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Yet another lovely story, but Mogget is called Mogget! Maybe he liked the name and went back to it later?

Just one incy little detail: Isn't Mogget supposed to know when an Abhorsen passes away and when a new one arrives? Meh, I can't be bothered to go check because I have no idea what book :P but yeah...

-Lady
Languidity chapter 2 . 5/14/2006
A lovely story, I can't actually remember Mogget saying he was imprisoned, poor him.

I really like your writing style, in this story - very like Garth Nix. (It's a good thing. :D)
Ben Hayes chapter 2 . 4/17/2006
Very good. The only problem are places where you seem to be taking lines almost verbatim from Nix's own work, and that Kalliel acts rather illogically. He's hardly likely not to believe in silly superstitions, given his job as Abhorsen. That sounds more like the way someone from Ancelstierre would behave.
SlightlyFrumiousBandersnatch chapter 2 . 4/8/2006
Nice! If I had one suggestion, it would be to drag out the bit about her singing and him being swept towards the first gate (not much, just another sentence or two), just to let people get a slightly better feel for the fact that this is, in fact, the end of Kalliel. Other than that, this is really good.
Koneko-chan9 chapter 2 . 4/6/2006
I liked your story very much. I just find it hard to believe that an Abhorsen wouldn't be "superstitious" like you said.

Anyways, very nice!