Reviews for Warlord of Cats
Summoner Lenne10 chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
OK, FINALLY!

I keep not getting a chance to tell you...

Ok, I was a huge fan of the original Brother of Dragons (and the new one also, though I DO wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself, I loved the first version).

Anyway, I kept forgetting to tell you/ask you/whatever.

For my Creative Writing final back in December I had to write a story. I had just read Brother of Dragons and had that fresh in my mind and was thinking about Taura.

Anyway, I wrote her story, kind of. I mean how she found Kenshin. I read fics in odd ways, go to random chapters and read them, so I never read all of Brother of Dragons (or at that about any other fic, ever...) so I know there were alot of details I missed. I remeber reading about Taura's wings and flinching because I wrote them as being completly differently.

So, with that and knowing that alot of it is wrong, would you like to read it? I hope you don't get mad about it (I did though mention to the teacher that the original idea was NOT mine).

Heh, basically a fanfic for a fanfic.

Anyway, I love your writing. Heh.
WraithWoLf368 chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
AWSOME! Very attention grapping first chapter i'm deffinatly looking forward to your updates!
Lackwit chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Whoa, Nelly. This is different. Sano as a cat? Rowr! I am very much looking forward to how you have amended BoD after reading this. :)

BTW, why cats?

I wholeheartedly cheer your decision to concentrate on BoD and Mindsifter, particularly the latter. Although I really like BoD I also think it (like this one) is more of an original fic, not strictly a fanfic. As a fanfic I love Mindsifter- wonderful job of working your imagination within the bounds of canon (not an easy thing to do).

One small comment: a beta would be a good idea, to help tidy up the small grammatical errors I have noticed in your fics.

BTW, are you going to repost your lovely little wintertime fic? I went to re-read it and it was missing. I do hope you will as I think it is an excellent short.
sulou chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
I'll have to side with your cousin once again - this is so awesome! I will be looking forward to reading more when the time comes.
VyxenSkye chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Lovely, this ought to be interesting to see updates on. I can't wait to see more from you!

Ja ne!
nissepisse chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
hehe, we have to thank your cousin once again, definetely a promising start, looking forward too it once ya start writing again!
Anonymous but very interested chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Interesting...as always. ) The side of me that wanted to read this won...so here I am stuck wondering why you'll finish "The Mindsifter" and the new version of "Brother of Dragons" so you can finally get started on this again. ( Ah, well. My fault anyway. I can amuse myself by waiting for updates on those two stories.

Will this whole story be from Sano's point of view? And just what is a Tipu? A cat/human? Is the Tipu Captain Sagara? (I forgot his first name...)

The last two lines were funny...despite the situation. )

I hope you can update your other stories soon!

I'd like to know what happens next in this...but I'll be patient.

Thanks.

Good luck!

_
xZig-zagx chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Gah! *is so excited*

_

*calms down* *clears throat* Well, it was decent. Another good story from you which I'm sure I'll enjoy...

Gah, I can't hide it. I'm thrilled there's a sequel! But I'll wait and try not to help you cousin out too much by jumping up and down in excitment.

*jumps up and down in excitment*

Man, I'm bad at this. But I'll wait! I'll have Mindshifter and Brothers of Dragon to keep me entertained! And that will end this long winded review.
elena-maria chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
nice! you made a sequel! it's great as always, making me all intrigued on what will happen :D well i don't mind if u leave this story for a while and work on with ur other stories...heck i wana know what happens in The Mindshifter! hope u update that soon! _
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Haha, you're on a roll tonight - two updates, including yet -another- new story for us to harass you to continue! I like this cousin of yours, I do. I think I will join her on her little "let's make Khrysalis update her RuroKen-AU-awesomeness" brigade. :D

*ahem* ANYway. I'm interested to see that this one is in first person, unlike its prequel. I really like how you've characterized Sano so far even in just a short chapter. I'm also interested to find out just how the trio (Sano, Yahiko, Kenshin) ended up in such a nasty-sounding prison. Sounds like they're in a pretty dire situation already, and it's only the teaser chapter! I guess you must -want- us to pester you for more, posting chapters (and cliffhangers!) like this. I'll bet that secretly, you're a glutton for this so-called punishment. ;)

Although, I would like to see both Mindsifter and (especially) Brother of Dragons finished before you tackle this one. It'd be nice to have the prequel for this up in its entirety so we can understand the full context for this story (which is awesome so far, by the way, if I haven't made that clear yet).

So, having said that... I think I like this pace of updates. Now you've got... (I had to go check and make sure my numbers were correct, haha)... at least 5 stories of yours that I'm following. You're making me feel not quite so bad for working on so many stories at once, but unlike me, yours are awesome AND you update them more often. And now that I've rambled on like a total moron, I will leave you with one last thought:

There is always potential for a RKUS. *smiles sunnily*

Take care!
Nekotsuki chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
That last line is priceless. ::snicker::

...am I missing something? I assume there's a lot of backstory in this one that we'll be informed of, because for the life of me I can't remember Sano or Yahiko being in Brother of Dragons. (unless my memory is playing tricks on me and I never actually FINISHED reading what you had up of BoD... must check this.)

Either or, more nifty work, and as always looking forward to more. (Though I am really looking forward to Mindsifter or ...)

And again: do you have a beta? And if not, would you like one? (Only because I've noticed a couple of errors in this chapter. Nothing glaring, but if you'd ever like someone to double check for that, I'm game. It's just an offer. _)
26 | « Prev Page 1 2