Reviews for One's Own Sword
NiminariAmriath chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
well his reaction must be interesting...cant wait to see it
HeadingNorth chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Oh my... poor Taura! You will continue, yes?
Darth Wader chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
Ah I wondered where this one went of to.

I like the new first chapter a great deal and hope to see more. (prefferably soon _)

The Kenshi-Taura interaction is very good, esspecailly with everything told from Kenshi's point of view and the revalations all comming from Taura.
sulou chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Oh wow. I remember this story now... I had wondered what happened to it - and didn't realize that it was one of your stories. Just as before I am utterly intrigued and dying to know what happens next.

I'm glad you are reposting it - this time I don't plan to lose track of it either. .
moeru himura chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Yay! You reposted it! I'm so in love with this. I love the few additions too. It explained more of the things unknown about Taura. As usual, your characterization of Kenshin is unfalteringly correct. It's what always pulls me to read and love your fics. Taura is one unique OC too. So mysterious that readers are drawn to look forward to what's going to happen next. To know more about her, even with just the few names she gives (just like Kenshin's curiosity!)

Though writing this fic, as you've said, is of low priority, I still hope you would update it soon. I consider this my favorite of all your mulit-chaptered fics. Thanks for sharing this again (longer and more developed) and good luck with this and the rest of your fics.:P
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
I've had such a tough week so it was a real treat to find this posting.

I have to say the jury is out on version one vs. version two. I like them both and since I only know the story up through the first 4-5 chapters you posted, I guess, I may never truly know which I prefer.

As before, I loved the request for a hug and Kenshin's silent understanding of her need for it. I still love the gentle reminder of Kenshin’s own painful past, "It had been a long time since he had held anyone, or been held by anyone like this, but he remembered what he had liked." I also am glad you kept the way Kenshin realizes with shocked comprehension that he is responsible for taking away this girl's food and shelter for the night. Of course he's going to give her his portion. I like how he internally rebels against the idea that he has had a literally starving child helping him with the wood.

The new scene with Taura holding the chopsticks is a sweet image of Kenshin fulfilling a big brother role here. That idea was a great choice to viscerally connect to the concept of care and protection. One of the most basic acts of any family is to help the young to eat.

In some ways, I miss the somber reflection of the older Kenshin at the dojo as he wonders over the strange girl who touched him and got away. In other ways, though, this makes more sense. Kenshin comes to know Taura better and even have a sense of her fear. Losing her after this additional time spent together, especially as he learns a little of her story, is going to haunt him all the more. I can’t wait for more.
Warg chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Well finally... can't believe how long it took for me to get to this...

So its back... another story of urs that really touched me... as i read through chapter 1 i realized that i remembered almost every detail of the original post...

I loved the first version... and can't wait to see the changes...

My fav scene in this fic was the 2(this 1 and the later 1) Kenshin Taura "i need a hug"... moment... i'm so glad u didn't change that... Its such a beautiful and warming scene.

Already we can see a lighter mood and much more open plotlines... I'm not sure abt Thursday staying longer with Kesnhin... but its nice to see her gain some comfort and grow closer...

Anyway... can't wait to see more of this... thanx for brining this back.. i really missed it... Cya..
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Yes! It's been posted again! *cheers*

I'm happy to see Thursday didn't disappear on Kenshin, and that they have been given some time to really talk, to get to know each other...and Thursday can have some comfort, so reassurance...

I love your smooth writing style, and how we get more information in this first chappie than last time.

I'll bet Kenshin is really freaked with Thursday's answers.

I can't wait till you update!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
So you're rewriting this now? I liked the original just fine, but I do like the idea of Thursday sticking with Kenshin for a while longer. A lot more info revealed too, so it's not quite as mysterious and confusing as it had been. I'll look forward to seeing how much more ends up being changed :)
xZig-zagx chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Intersting. I'm curious to see how this new development will change the story. We're getting more information this time faster. I can't wait to read more, but I will!
ahou incarnate chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
I like this version where Thursday stays with Kenshin better; it helps build their relationship and shows more of Thursday's past.

Anyway, I'm so excited you're re-writing stories and adding new ones! I can't wait to see how this one changes from the original. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter _
nissepisse chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
Promising start, havent read the original so im looking forward to the next chap! wonder how the rest of thew cast come into the plot. hope to see an update soon
Shauntell chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Wow. This is . . . interesting. I didn't think there were genetiscists (bad spelling just now, I know) in the 1800's. Oh well. Adds depth to it, neh? I'd like to see more of this. Don't think I've ever seen it before. _
VyxenSkye chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
o... update again please!

Ja ne!