Reviews for Anna's War
hypercell chapter 5 . 1/28/2008
I love how Professer Bins teaches! Very cute! Loved it!
hypercell chapter 4 . 1/28/2008
I love the view of the feast. During a war, I would asume there is not much good food, so a feast of this proportion would be amazing to her.
hypercell chapter 3 . 1/28/2008
Why does no one in the Wizarding world know about the war?
hypercell chapter 2 . 1/28/2008
I liked it so so much. It was very well written and I love the twist you've put in it. :)
lovecatcadillac chapter 5 . 3/9/2007
This is really wonderfully written. I particularly enjoyed the Sorting Hat song- it's very rare that a fanfic author will actually have a go at writing one, and yours was the best I've ever seen.

Being totally obsessed with the Blitz and the Home Front during WW2, this fic is incredibly interesting to me. Anna is a lovely character- I liked her shock at the presence of fruit and real gravy at mealtimes, that was an excellent touch. I've added this to my favourites list, and I do hope you will continue it, because you will be guaranteed a loyal reviewer for any subsequent chapters you post. No pressure, though- I know what it's like to have people bugging you to finish a fic you've grown out of.
Talynden chapter 4 . 8/16/2006
Wow, this is a brilliant story. xD I'm not sure what to say that hasn't been stated before...The characterization is great, and over all it’s just really, really well written and fun to read! Anna is a wonderfully sympathetic and realistic character; it's so nice to see an original character in the HP verse that isn't a Mary Sue

I have to say, I love the idea of the Wizarding World vs. the Muggle World during WWII, very unique, and you’ve certainly done your research on the subject :).

Yay for Hufflepuffs! I was really hoping she'd be one, it sucks how often their forgotten, so it's really cool to find a story that features a Hufflepuff as a main character :)

I can't wait to read more
The Ninth Crime chapter 4 . 7/16/2006
Anna is a well-balanced, interesting character. All her features are more or less human-like (so much for the oh so hated Mary-Sue, especially common in the Harry Potter fandom), and her behaviour seems very naturel considering the WW2 context. The German blitz of the first chapter was quite undirectly (the shelter shaking, the roof echoing the distant explosions) but perfectly described. You have done some research, apparently, and the result is more than genuine.

Guess I'll stick around for a while, I can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work ! *cheers*
Emily chapter 4 . 7/6/2006
I positively adore this story, and am very much looking forward to the next chapters. It's very well written and interesting.
Lady Miscellaneous chapter 4 . 7/5/2006
Oh Goody! I like Alice hehehe she makes me laugh :D I just got one question for you... is Tom Riddle at Hogwarts too?
Psywena-Jagwena chapter 4 . 7/5/2006
This is a brilliantly written story. So realistic! The emotions are described so well.
Possum132 chapter 3 . 4/30/2006
Very good imagining of a fledgling friendship between two 11 year old witches - though I'm amazed that the wizarding community is so ignorant of the upheavals in the Muggle world.
Chopstick Legend chapter 2 . 4/24/2006
This is an excellent story.

I apologise for being a terrible critique but all I can say is that you have obviously done quite a bit of research towards this and it has payed off.

A wonderful piece of work.
Agent Jaid chapter 2 . 4/22/2006
Oh dear, poor Mrs. Bates. That last line killed me, and, oh, I want to give Anna a hug. I loved how you wrote Anna's emotions when she was reading the Hogwarts letter, and I honestly don't know what she's going to do. The bit about censorship was simply awful, and now I want to give Anna another hug.

I hope that Anna will be able to afford to attend Hogwarts, she'll be much safer there than she would be... not at Hogwarts. At least, I think so? I'm not entirely sold on that idea, but, I hope it's true. I don't want Anna to be hurt.

...Heh, I just ran a spellcheck on this, to make certain I wasn't misspelling anything, and it said I had none. Even though I wrote Hogwarts. I am very amused by this..

I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier, it was a marvelous chapter! The accidental magic that Anna did was so fun, too. I particularly liked how she did the memory charm. Very ingenious and original.

Melody
Nymfaea chapter 2 . 4/16/2006
Hi. I just read your story again, and it looks (and feels) even better. I'm glad you're getting such positive reviews. But you would, of course. The story's great. Keep up the good work!

Nymphaea
Madgoat chapter 2 . 4/14/2006
This story looks really promising. It has a real authentic feeling to it (I'm way too young to have lived through WWII, but I'm a history enthusiast). I'm really looking forward to your next chapter to find out why Anna's mum is making strange noises :)