Reviews for Warping Circumstances
SiriuslyPink chapter 1 . 2/5
Ugh. This is a great idea. But it's ruined by the tense you use. "Harry's chest seizes up." Makes me want to claw my eyes out. "Harry's chest seized up" would be so much better.
lunaz chapter 19 . 1/16
I very much enjoyed reading this story. Loved how it flowed, how it made me laugh in parts and scowl in others. Great fic.
Moka-girl chapter 3 . 1/7
You should go through this story again and edit it - there are quite a few mistakes that distract from the story, which is a shame.
Rexnos chapter 19 . 12/10/2014
Almost surprisingly solid all things told. Given the plot summary and how utterly crazy everything seemed to begin with, I ended up very impressed by most aspects of the story. I think you did an excellent job with the communication between Harry and Riddle and adequately represented their points of view and potential sticking points. The responses of those around them were also engaging and entertaining.

I had a few bones to pick with your plot, but given your final author's notes you did as well. It really felt like you didn't have a solid direction in mind when you started this story and there was a distinct lack of rising action climax falling action. Stuff kind of just happened. Interesting stuff yes, but stuff without much in the way of rhyme or reason.

In any case, I still enjoyed this story much more than I expected when I started reading it given the general lack of action. Then again, as I've enjoyed your stories in the past I probably should have assumed similar quality to start with. I suppose that means I'll have to double check your works for other hidden gems.

Later,
Rex
SeverlyLate chapter 4 . 12/8/2014
No adventure and no humor just annoying angst pushing and retarded present tense...
Bail.
Lycanthromancer chapter 5 . 12/1/2014
"Harry notes with some interest that she actually is the apprentice, though she does look much older than his parents, Sirius and Snape."

This is one of the many and varied times when an Oxford Comma dispels a lot of confusion, since the lack of it here indicates that Sirius and Snape are his parents. It's why I advocate using Oxford Commas every time, because not using them is a very bad habit to get into. Now just imagine if this were a subject we aren't as familiar with as the Harry Potter universe. People might think that Sirius and Snape are a gay couple with Harry as their child.

...not that there's anything *wrong* with that...
Lycanthromancer chapter 2 . 12/1/2014
You may want to consider CtrlF for "Super Nintendo" and replacing it with "Atari" in this chapter.

Also, present tense writing always seems considerably more awkward in a story than past tense does. If you're considering a major edit, you might want to convert to past tense.
Happy reader chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
My third time reading this ... God, I love it so. I can't get over how fantastic this is - the plot, the characters, the writing - exquisite.
Selina Novella chapter 19 . 11/3/2014
That was fun. I really should have been doing my midterm, but this calmed me down so much when I was stressed that I lost track of time and spent... gods, 5 hours? reading it. I'm so doomed. Where's my evil overlord in my head when I need him? He could write this damn paper for me. . .
NatNicole chapter 13 . 11/3/2014
You're right about Dumbledore's actions making sense.

And the mind-picture of Tom Riddle hugging a 9-year-old Harry is adorable!
NatNicole chapter 9 . 11/3/2014
I love how insane this fic is!
NatNicole chapter 5 . 11/3/2014
I'm with Harry; WHAT?!

PS. Although, I have to admit that Mr Butt-ugly has a point.
NatNicole chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
AHAHAHA! The ending made me laugh so hard I fell off my chair! I like the thought of Harry being disturbed, especially when it's Tom Riddle who disturbs him.
Yup, I'm insane...