Reviews for Do Over
P.B. Fluff chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Oh this is beautiful. I'm not much of a fan of the Sam/Lirael pairing (I very much prefer Lirael/Nick) but I'm a sucker for angst and this is really nicely done angst. Much as I'm not that keen on this pairing, I do sometimes wonder what happened to Sam's initial attractions to Lirael. To me somehow it seems realistic that he would at the least be somewhat confused about his feelings for her, if only for a time. Well done.
Tendrilofthought chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
How wonderfully depressing! I love it; you've taken on an OC within the confines of a one-shot and made her just as real and dimensional as cannon characters. Fantastic job!
Ariaeris chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
You write some very good angst. I do like the Sam/Lirael pairing alot and I do appreciate the angst that comes hand and hand with the pairing. Lady Rowan was also a very good OC, definently not a Mary-Sue something which I appreciated greatly. Now all I have to do is find a Sam/Lirael with a happy ending and my life will be complete! This story was excellently done, good job!
Tastes of Strawberries chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
I don't know what to say. powerful. And sad.

Very nice work.

And your OC is rather finely crafted, and not too cliche.
Jareth's Labyrinth chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Whoah. That was awesome. I like it alot. :)
ilo6409 chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
I loved it,very angsty but good! I like Rowan's character a lot!
Mary chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Im very confused, how in the world is Sam in love with his aunt, its justnot right. i just dont get it. i hope you see my point of view, i...i dont mean to be offensive, but, im very scared, for you and for young sameth. good day
onwingsofsnark chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
I think that was a wonderfully written story. Maybe, a little less choppy, but still really good!
kremlinmirrors chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Oh wow. Gorgeous, especially the ending. I like your style, and the way you portrayed Sam's feelings about Lirael, in a way. Very nice.
Koneko-chan9 chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
Not bad, not bad at have great potential as a writer, but I don't think you've quite hit it yet. I hope I can make a few suggestions without being seen as evil and whatnot - editing is what I do, and I'd love to see this evolve into an even better piece.

One thing that I was pretty uneasy with was simply the fact that Sam was in love with his aunt. That's just kinda creepy, but you did a pretty good job of getting around that. However, Lirael is the Abhorsen-in-Waiting, and she couldn't simply lock herself away. Perhaps avoid the problem by constantly being gone with work - it would be much more like her character, I think.

Also, just little things could help the flow a little. Maybe saying things in two shorter, more powerful sentences. That and your last paragraph just wasn't quite enough - it needed a little more.

I'll stop, and my apologies if I'm out of line as a reviewer. I'd recommend that you reread this in a couple weeks and make little changes. It's great now, but I think it could be fabulous. - And I don't say that lightly!

I look forward to future chapters!

Cirque du Falis chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Lady Rowan sounds like a jewel. I thought she was weak at first, but you proved me (and Sam, hehehe) wrong.

Very powerful symbolism - love the ones dealing with forgotten flowers. Fantabulous job.
Ant77 chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Oh that was so beautiful, you must continue please!
Tishai chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
That totally made sense to me, and it was beautiful! I really wish I had your skill of bending words around to say exactly what you want them to say. Poor Rowan... why did she leave? She seemed to be getting somewhere!

But maybe that was your message. Either way, this is a great find. You're very talented; keep at it!