Reviews for Fallen Embers
JediPanda22 chapter 8 . 7/10/2014
OH MY GOSH... BOOM BANG BEAUTIFUL!
gosh this had me on the edge of my bed till i finished it! i finished it was 1:15 this morning and would have replied then if my stupid phone hadn't died on me.
By the Force this was dark, beautiful, sad, moving, suspenseful and even scary at parts. your way with words is astounding! well well done. I dont usually read mainly Qui-Gon fics, more of the Obi follower if ya know what i mean haha but this was amazing! I couldnt put it down. The only thing that would have stopped me from finishing this would have been a dead phone, thank you Lord that it kept alive till i was done.
The description was captivating and the way you portrayed Qui-Gon, his friend Morra and his well well trained padawan was just perfect! Haha his dislike for healers was well done and well described too. That part when the healers and yoda and mace were thinking how little they would see Qui-Gon in the halls of healing now that Obi-Wan was gone almost made me cry and then at the end when Morra came into the truama room and all he heard was Qui-Gons loud yelling made me laugh.
you really know how to move the reader.
I know you said this would be your last Star Wars fanfiction which makes me sad but do you think you would ever consider writing, even if it was just a one-shot, the story from Obi-Wan's point of view. The poor padawan was at the horrible unjust receiving end of this hell and im just, and will always be, curious and intrigued as to what exactly he went through.
Anyways if it hasnt been cleared up already i Love this story and its one of my favorites.
May the Force be with you always.
boasamishipper chapter 8 . 10/5/2013
Oh, you DEFINITELY ended with a bang, my friend! I read this little ficlet all in one hour without any stops or breaks. I think during chapter seven during Obi-Wan's funeral my brother had to pry me away from the computer and give me a tissue.
This was one of the most beautiful Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon fics I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Thank you so much for making it such a great experience with such a happy ending. Yet'ilia, Morra, and Zeller were wonderful OC's and I liked them very much, along with Mace and Yoda.
Awesome job on this once more and I can't wait to see what else you've written.
May the Force be with you,
-Boa :)
LittleEnglishLass chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Started to read this before bed. :D Now I'm determined to read at least the first four chapters before I get any sleep tonight. Absolutely fantastic so far, the detail and effort you put into this story is both rare and wonderful.

The part about the caste system determined by height made me grin like an idiot. I don't know if you intended it to be a reference to Invader Zim, but it was fantastic nonetheless.
Mickolie chapter 8 . 2/15/2012
Bang. A definite bang as large as the ones that destroyed Aphidia.
Ayy Kaim chapter 8 . 12/14/2011
I hate to say this...

I cried.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/29/2011
With a BANG.
Charisasori chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
Wow...that was awesome! I cried during several parts of the story, this story is absolutely amazing! I was listening to the "The Burning Bush" score from the Prince of Egypt movie the whole time I was reading the story, so I'm feeling absolutely ecstatic! *jumps up and down* A wonderful ending to a wonderful story! Yay Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan! *keeps dancing around*

-Charis

:-)
Gaia'schild chapter 8 . 4/12/2011
Alright. Be prepared for a tirade, but in a good way...

I like how you go into the whole 'we form bonds but aren't supposed to form attachment.' Your giving the explanation to Morra who tries to explain it to Zeller is funny. the whole, we don't really know who to do this but we just teach it to those who come after.

Next: Yoda as Jinn's master is funny, and it makes me wonder who else Yoda trained before him since he is 800 years your Emperor Strikes Back reference to his age was priceless! Since the apple never falls far from the tree, where did Jinn get his rebellious attitude? Is Yoda really as good and wise as he seems? Was he a wild child growing up? Crazy idea!

Bringing Mace Windu as Jinn's friend? I must say I wish I had thought of it earlier. They are the same age and both well respected so it stands to reason that they would know each world needs more stories about the 'only other black guy in the galaxy.' Windu needs some loving.

Your Jedi showed too much emotion; as much as it was a tear-wrenching topic of dying Padawan, they still would have held to the Force. They appeared to cry and comfort way to much based off the movies. Just watch it next time you write. I can see Jinn and other Padawan being heart-broken but not so much Windu or other random Jedi. They would probably release their emotions into the Force as they have been trained.

I was worried about half way through that you were truly going to kill Kenobi -at which point I would have written very nasty things in this review, but when you brought him back! AHHHHHHH! Made me about as happy as this long response will make you. But leaving us on the edge of our seats for most of the story as to what was blocking Jinn's memory, and if those memories were of Kenobi's death, PRICELESS! So maybe I missed it, but what was blocking Jinn's memory, and making him impossible to connect to? Kenobi's Death?

Anway. Done now. It was beautiful and please keep writing!
Selene467 chapter 8 . 3/7/2010
Excellent story! You kept me in such suspense and grief myself. Around the few last chapters I myself even began to believe obi Wan was dead, that you decided to make an AU and not tell anyone, but when the memories returned and then they escaped and found him, I was overjoyed. Of course you go a scare me to hell when he appeared dead only to write such a sweet scene of a father holding his son. It was sweet, brilliant and the whole story was heart wrenching!

It saddens me a little that it is your last Star Wars story, meaning there won't be a sequel. It would be fun and interesting to read a Sequel in which Qui Gon be VERY OVERPROTECTIVE. I couldn't possibly persuade you to write such a sequel, right? Still if you decide, the hell with my decision and decide to write it anyway, PLEASE let me know.

Awesome story and will never leave my favorite stories list!
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 8 . 7/17/2009
That fic was beautiful- I do say, I enjoyed it almost as much as I enjoy emotional Obi-torture! (And that's saying something) Your part about Yoda's arrogence was right on- I think in his exile he learned much.
Siriusly Loopy chapter 8 . 10/3/2008
OMG THIS WAS AWESOME! I couldn't stop reading! VERY NICELY DONE! :D
Shi-Ahn Jinn chapter 8 . 4/3/2008
I LOVED IT! This is the BEST story I've read in a LONG time! I laughed and I cried and I enjoyed it tremendosly. I have to use a pc in my local libary and it drove me crazy that I had to read part of it one day and finish it the next. I like to do my review at the end of the story insted of after each chapter so I don't have to stop the flow of the story as I'm reading. You are a fansastic writer and I thouroghly enjoyed your story. I loved the funreal and Reeft's words and it was all I could do to keep from crying here in the libary with a bunch of people around me! Thankyou for your wonderful story and keep up the good work. Love, Shi-Ahn Jinn
Ann Jinn chapter 8 . 3/27/2008
Ended in a bang. Your story was posted in the Best of Obi Wan Kenobi.

Great interaction between the characters. A good touch of humor in a sad story. You did a good job with the destruction of the planet and the horror that came upon the beings who lived there. All that misery to keep a status, yet you described well without being gory.

I'm sorry this is your last SW fiction. Have to check out your other ones.
bluedragon1836 chapter 8 . 3/24/2008
It was a bang definately. Loved it. And may the force be with you as well.
Capitano chapter 8 . 3/22/2008
FANTASTIC! (*sniff*) very moving the description of Qui-Gon's feelings! I love also when Qui uses of the word "son" speaking of his padawan! !WOW! I can't wait to read the next chapter! You're really a great writer!
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »