Reviews for Masks and Faces
LouiseUchiha chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Souji T_T You are a role model.
wide chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Hello

This is a very lovely fic. It was amazing how well you captured Okita's character in this.
lazy fat kitsune chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
wow, this is awesome. description wise and all, it's beautiful!
baby jen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Very insightfully written, well done. _
anaemicfaeries chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Wow. What depth...sad and sweet, and showing real insight. A very effecting read, we loved it.
me chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
superb. very insightful - well done!
sunbune chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Wow, this was chilling but I loved it. The very last line, about Saizou, was powerful. Thinking of Souji hunched over to muffle the sound absolutely broke my heart. Reading this, I started to feel guility for being able to breathe. I was really impressed by 'pain beneath bravery beneath nonchalance'... that's perfect, perfect and yet so sad.
MikaSamu chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Beautiful story. Touching, sadly poignant, yet a fitting tribute to the character. I particularly loved the last two lines as an apt summary of this fascinating person.
umeko chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
You sorta captured a Souji that I suspected was there. In the later manga (second series), I think Saitou mentions that Okita is hiding his true emotions from his friends, especially from Hijikata, behind his smiling face.
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
Beautifully written!

Gives a deeper insight into Okita as an ordinary man, his courage with which he faces the day. Tragically lovely, theway he has to put on a facade every second of the day, even when he's with hijikata.
mistic fox chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
aw, i felt a bit sad for him...lol, i had to go and look at those faces you were talking about at the end! XD
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Wow. This was really good!

Excellent insight into Okita's complex character!

It was funny, it was sad, it was poignant...

I enjoyed it very much.
Eson chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Extremely well explanatory, the many faces of Okita Soji. People don’t treat the guy seriously enough and your fiction has to be the closest that is to the canon.

Very nicely done.
Ceretis Paribus chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
I almost cried - how very deep -

and how very obsevant you are - this could very well be the real Okita you just pictured and it is so much more believable than the ever happy Okita you normally read about. ( I don't konw if that made sense)

I love you - and I know this i a one-shot, but please write more of this genre, please !

Yours truly, Dane Lurex.