Reviews for From the Northern Railway Station of the World
secretsmiling chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
That was wonderfully canon; as another reviewer has said, they are rare to find on here - and I loved it :-)
s. du jour chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Not many people can do Raoul 1st person POV well, but you have the distinction of being among those who can.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this fic, both from the title and the substance of the fic itself. Good job!
Phantress chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Oh, the angst! I love R/C angst more then life itself.

This has to be one of the most well-thought out and carefully written one-shot I have read in a long time. The entire thing was perfectly canon which is truly a beautiful and rare gem in the 'phandom.'

I loved Christine's 'illness' and I agree with a reviewer below me, both physically and spiritually. I just loved this to death...love, love, love! (this is prettyinplaid from phansonline, btw) So, hurray for you! D I'm off to read your other stories now - I am sure they are just as perfect.
Euterpe's Bard chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
This is extremely deep. It's interesting to see a story written from the viewpoint of Raoul; not many are like that. I enjoyed this very much. I do wonder though, why is Christine sick? If you have seen the 2004 movie version then you will understand when I say perhaps these were her demise written on the tombstone? But then again I am forced to eat my words, for Christine lived into her sixties (I did the math; you can see her years of birth and death also written on the tombstone).

Have you ever considered, perhaps, giving a wife to Erik, if only for the purpose of making him happy? I have read your profile and understand that you stick mostly to the Leroux novel, but then again it's nice to have a change of pace from time to time. You never know, you may actually like it.
SimplyElymas chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
Oh, poor Raoul. (Sniffle.) I like that you took Phillipe's death into account, because so many writers seem to have forgotten that he even exists. One thing - you mention Christine's brown eyebrows, but this is Leroux!Christine, so aren't her eyebrows (and hair) blonde? I'm also glad that you remembered Mama V.. :) Yay for Leroux fic.
Quiet2885 chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
I enjoyed this one-shot. It was both a bit R/C and a bit E/C. My interpretation was that Christine was sick physically from being underground, and also spiritually ill because a part of her will always be with Erik. The cold air of the north will likely make her even sicker. Raoul is in character, very caring and sweet but still not quite mature enough to understand Christine's feelings. Your story is a very plausible conclusion-perhaps there is no happy ending for anyone.
Ava Caita chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
What a loverly little glimpse into the events after le roman ends. It's nice to read a story where Raoul's not some feckless fop.

You've woven parts of the original nicely with your own prose. I'm sorry this is a complete one-shot. While I can come up with my own conclusion, it would be nice to see what ails her. And, if she survives. Though I'm sure it could be argued that her spirit rests with Erik five floors below.

Thanks for sharing this!