Reviews for Traditional Gender Roles
SteelAndFire chapter 4 . 12/29/2006
I actually read all these chapters before but I was too lazy to comment :/ Very nice; I think you're one of the best authors in the Forgotten Realms section! I especially liked the last one - the captured Vhaerunite is so sad and cute :D It's cool that you do research things and write so carefully. Please write something else soon, it would really make my day :D
Icy Mike Molson chapter 2 . 10/23/2006
Not too bad. Pretty well presented and described, no glaring technical errors... only thing I worry about is that Vhaeraun is another "good" god, but since I think he includes assassins in his portfolio, he can't be that good. Anbd a god tends to be a bit nicer when trying to gain and keep converts...
Icy Mike Molson chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Not bad. Not bad at all. I started out not likeing Ranaghar's chaacter slightly, but in the end he was definitely worthwhile. Clean, technically good writing and a nice short story.

I may stop back for the second one in a little bit...
Vitezo chapter 4 . 10/7/2006
i love the topic, there are so few truly original and inteligent works in this site. dealing with FR Gods is great fun.

you really did your research and i praise you for that too.
Wearer of the Black Hat chapter 4 . 9/11/2006
Interesting, very interesting, although it took a little longer to get into then the other stories. I know you were trying to put across how hard it is to switch someones religion, but it really seemed like Tarlaunim's faith was resting on the edge of a knife. Compared to the male cleric in your first story (can't rember his name) it's almost like he isn't worthy of being a cleric. Though the preist of Lolth had a much harder time which would explain his extreme faith. I've not gotten to read Windwalker yet it's the only book in that trilogy I've not read yet.
Wearer of the Black Hat chapter 3 . 9/1/2006
Out of all that I have read, so far, I think I've liked this one the best. The grammer is great, and I personally believe you should write a longer story for these character's. And, I half-expected her to stand and slay the preistess of lolth. I also like the use of the drow dictionary, and hand signs. Well that's it.

WotBH
Wearer of the Black Hat chapter 2 . 8/30/2006
I really liked this fic. The constant jumping was a little confusing, but I don't really have any suggestion (I do it to). And, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the dream sequence at the end. And yeah, I only know of one cannon Masked Traitor and I'm pretty sure she's dead. I think Lirel(sp) killed her. Well later.

WotBh
Wearer of the Black Hat chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
A very, very good telling. Only one or two minor mistakes, and nothing more than choice of words, but then, it always takes me one or two read throughs of specific sentences and paragraphs to get it. The only thing I was wondering is if this was perhaps part of the time period in which War of the Spider Queen takes place? Yes, I know you dated it, but I've never been great at reading dates in Dale Reckoning. Anyway, talk to you laters.

WotBH
Kairin chapter 4 . 8/25/2006
Very interesting..
Alex chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
This is an interesting story, I haven't read the books its based on, but I could follow along pretty well. One forgotten realms series I have read is the Spellfire seris, I think its a newer one... if you haven't read it I recomend it. Anyway, I like the style of writing this is in, it's very appropiat for the story.
WitchWolf chapter 4 . 8/9/2006
I know, I know, I still didn't review the previous one. Will I be forgiven for reviewing out of order again, or will I ahve to send you a cake? ;)

But blatter aside, I really liked this one. Both guys are fairly young, it would seem and it only makes their conversation more interesting. I enjoyed the "clash of philosophies" (however you spell that) very much. I must confess, though, that I was rooting for Zayrtel... but you guessed as much already, eh? Still, Tarlaunim's faith seems as firm as that of any of the Dark Maiden's priestesses.

“Go on. What kind of priest would I be if I could not tolerate challenges to my faith?” Says it all, doesn't it?

On a side note, mind me to give you due credit for the "nightshadows" prhase when I post my next chapter... whenever that may be. ;)
euphorbic chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Not only well-written, but brilliant on top of that. The condemnation, followed by possible hope from his sister, to his grasp at that second chance, and capped with a question of sanity. I very rarely see stories of such high caliber on ff dot net. This one doesn't settle for being great, it exceeds greatness by being utterly true to the twisted heart of what it means to be a drow male in Lolthian soceity. Excellent work.
WitchWolf chapter 2 . 4/24/2006
Though I'm too sleepy right now to give a more detailed review, it's still impolite to read and leave none whatsoever. And so, to sum it up for both chapters - I thoroughly enjoyed them. Nice style, although sometimes a bit difficult to follow and a great idea to begin with. I just hope I do this good with Vhaeraun myself when the time comes. ;)
SteelAndFire chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Nice! Well-written, interesting idea, and very cool how he killed the high priestess who was going to run away with him or something :D I feel kind of sorry for the crazy li'l guy though...
Ariel D chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Beautifully written! You have a nice style with a touch of the poetic. The concepts you explore-gender roles and divine favor-carry a weight to match you style. The element of tragedy is perfectly balanced. Your explanation of the change in game rules is both ambitious and artistic. I love it.