Reviews for Nenju
Mondieu666 chapter 36 . 1/8
Well this was just a lovely story. Well researched, textured and emotional.
I like both of the guys with Fuu for different reasons so it was interesting to see that explored so wonderfully.
The only thing is I would have liked an epilogue (because I'm a sucker for happy on happy ending) with a time jump and Jin has slowly regained the use of his hands so he's actually able to hold Mugen off for a little while and he's had kids with Fuu.
But really, just an incredible story!
MonDieu666 chapter 33 . 1/8
I loved this chapter and I've read both versions, though (and time has made this slightly irrelevant) I do believe you could have safely posted the more explicit version here. It was incredibly tasteful while being sexy.
And then I hated this chapter, because Jin died (or not? I chose to think no!). Typical of him though, I hope Fuu chides him when she sees him.
MonDieu666 chapter 31 . 1/8
Ah Mugen, Mugen, Mugen!
I must admit, though I ship both of them with Fuu, in this version I had much preferred Jin to win and so this break up isn't... sad (?) exactly or even unexpected.
I did think Mugen would try and hold on to her for a little longer since I interpreted him as genuinely loving her but I think regardless, Jin was right in his prediction that M's pride wouldn't have let him be with her.
MonDieu666 chapter 7 . 1/7
In Samurai Champloo we don't say "We fucked up!" we beat the shit out of each other and that's beautiful.
Kidding aside, I would like to hug Fuu and protect her.
Jinn's inner monologue at the start of the chapter made me laugh.
Denise chapter 36 . 11/14/2016
This fic is absolutely tremendous in every aspect! The characterization was spot on. The plot was brilliantly realistic. The cultural references were such a treat. (Side note: I ended up being sidetracked at one point looking up different things so thank you for introducing to such interesting topics!). The return of the side characters and the way they were blended into the story was amazing. The love triangle, oh man, I was torn. I would have been happy with either, but the build up was epic.

And the amount of you work you put in...it was unbelievable!

I feel like I'm ticking off a checklist, but this is the list you need for writing great fanfiction. Thank you for writing this fantastic story! It was a privilege to read such fine work.

All the best,
Denise
drealyn22 chapter 36 . 10/17/2016
Well, I'm not sure how I've only just now stumbled onto this fic, but better late than never, right?

I felt so many ups and downs during this story. The background of Fuu's assault, and her unwillingness to tell the guys about it was so sad to me, and I felt terrible when they overheard her telling Father Zuiko about it. Their reactions made my heart ache.

As a general rule, I hate (yes, really hate) SC fics with Koza or Yatsuha in them, and Yatsuha was really pissing me off here. Mugen even more so for not being able to stay away from her after he made it known to both Jin and Fuu that he wanted to be with Fuu. I was even starting to hate Fuu for sticking with him while he continually went off with "the other woman". Jin, on the other hand, was so gentle and respectful towards Fuu. I had a lot of Jin fangirl moments, and I was cheering him on throughout the entire story. As I was reading, I wasn't sure if I was going to like where this was going, but I actually thought the ending was perfect, and I ended up not hating Yatsuha after all. You're the first author that's made me actually kind of like her. It made me giggle that she and Mugen were pumping out babies. I wished we could have seen Fuu pregnant with Jin's child too, but I was just so happy that he survived and found his way to her. (I cried like a little girl when I thought he'd been killed!) There aren't enough FuuJin fics IMO, and this turned out to be a good one.

There were a number of times when Mugen and Jin were fighting each other that I just had a big grin on my face, because for some reason, I love it when these two fight, whether it's friendly, competitive, antagonistic, or all of the above. There were a lot of those good moments in this story.

I loved the way your incorporated characters and locations from the series. The twins were my favorite, although I also enjoyed Father Zuiko and Bundai, as well as Jouji. I've read only one other SC fic that used existing characters in a way that directly influenced the plot.

I also see that you're a history nerd like I am. I was entertained, reading some of your notes, as well as some of the historic names and references you dropped in here, because I've been researching the very same things and have used a lot of it in my own fic as well. I know it's been what, nearly a decade, or more? since this story was published, but if you're still around, and still interested in Japanese history, I'd love to chat sometime.

This was a great story. Well thought out, well researched, well written, and all-around entertaining. I will probably read it a second time!
JeslynBoo chapter 36 . 5/8/2016
I don't remember how I stumbled on this story- someone else's favorites list, I think... I started it without having any experience with this series, then watched the first episode last night (because I need ANOTHER one!) then got to a certain point today where I threw my phone and swore- a LOT- and had to take a break for a bit. Glad I made it to the end- lovely story! Thank you! 3
Guildenstern3 chapter 36 . 4/25/2016
Hello! Nenju is the first fanfiction I ever remember reading and it drew me in. I'm an addict. I'll admit it. So addicted, it seems, that I've returned to SC and am attempting to write my first fanfiction.

I am finding it a challenge because I don't know much of the historical context surrounding SC. After re-reading your excellent ouvre in its entirety, I am convinced you can point me toward some excellent books. Also, if you have written any books...on any subject at all... I would trip over my feet running to get them. I'm a sucker for writers who take time and choose the right word, not the first word.
Anaria3144 chapter 36 . 1/26/2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The amount of research you put into it and the way you kept the characters in CHARACTER was great. I can barely describe what a joy this was to read. I can honestly say this is, by far, one of the best pieces of fan fiction I've ever read.
Ms. Briefs chapter 36 . 5/12/2015
Wow. Just wow.
tonraq chapter 36 . 9/16/2014
I read this through start to finish; I couldn't navigate away, and the desire to read the next chapter and find out what happened totally eclipsed my impulse to review each chapter, so here I am attempting to summarize. And find myself unable. I really liked how you worked the shipping angle and regardless of how it turned out, I'm super impressed. (Honestly, I ship Fuu with both Mugen and Jin, but am dissatisfied if she ends up with either; nothing personal).

I really enjoyed the level of historical and cultural detail here, which is something I encounter rarely in SamCham fics - considering how the series itself is steeped in the history of Japan and its interaction with the West, no matter how anachronistic it may get; a scenario where one needs to know the rules inside and out in order to break them.

Thanks for such a great experience, and I wish you luck in future literary endeavours!
AeroShylph chapter 36 . 5/1/2014
Done reaaaaaadiiiiing! Yay!
Wow, the ammount of research you went through for this story is just unbelivable. Even tho you said it yourself that you were a nerd, it's still very impressive.
I found it very enjoyable (if I didn't I would've left it, duh), thanks for filling my empty holiday.
Andelevion chapter 36 . 3/16/2014
Ok, well, I'm like completely blown away at how good you characterized these guys, even with the romance, and how very much original flavor the whole thing is. The writing is fantabulous. The characters didn't ever stop being themselves,even as they changed in different ways, which is way harder than you would think. Especially considering the romance fics I've seen so far.

And not to mention how you ended the love triangle with my pet pairing for Samurai Champloo, I was so happy. Jin/Fuu are my OTP, but the number of fics for them is a grand total of 60-some compared with Mugen/Fuu's 250-ish. You didn't make the love triangle unbearably complicated which is a godsend as well.

This makes this story all the more sweeter, though I loved this for the quality and amazing-ness. It's unbelievably canon, unbelievably believable. WOW. Serious props!
pluckedwings chapter 36 . 7/7/2013
Hnnngh. This was perfect. It was everything I was looking for, and MORE. You are amazing and this fic rocks my world.
rainandpetals chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
You should post a warning somewhere that this is a jinxfuu fic. While I understand that some readers like the suspense over who fuu will choose, I'm sure there are many readers(like me) who support mugenxfuu quite strongly. It's a lovely, well written, well captured story, just that after watching the anime, I strongly believe that it is Fuu and Mugen who belong together. I devoured the first seven chapters, and then i skipped ahead to chapter 34 because the story was veering too much into jinxfuu territory and well,...the jinfuu thing upset me. However, I do realize that its just my preference for mugenxfuu which upset me, the story was very well captured. I hope you write a mugenxfuu story someday and post the warning about this being fuujin so that mugenxfuu shippers are not hopelessly crushed after reading quite a few chapters that fuu's gonna end up with jin.