Reviews for Nenju
Ms. Briefs chapter 36 . 5/12
Wow. Just wow.
tonraq chapter 36 . 9/16/2014
I read this through start to finish; I couldn't navigate away, and the desire to read the next chapter and find out what happened totally eclipsed my impulse to review each chapter, so here I am attempting to summarize. And find myself unable. I really liked how you worked the shipping angle and regardless of how it turned out, I'm super impressed. (Honestly, I ship Fuu with both Mugen and Jin, but am dissatisfied if she ends up with either; nothing personal).

I really enjoyed the level of historical and cultural detail here, which is something I encounter rarely in SamCham fics - considering how the series itself is steeped in the history of Japan and its interaction with the West, no matter how anachronistic it may get; a scenario where one needs to know the rules inside and out in order to break them.

Thanks for such a great experience, and I wish you luck in future literary endeavours!
AeroShylph chapter 36 . 5/1/2014
Done reaaaaaadiiiiing! Yay!
Wow, the ammount of research you went through for this story is just unbelivable. Even tho you said it yourself that you were a nerd, it's still very impressive.
I found it very enjoyable (if I didn't I would've left it, duh), thanks for filling my empty holiday.
Andelevion chapter 36 . 3/16/2014
Ok, well, I'm like completely blown away at how good you characterized these guys, even with the romance, and how very much original flavor the whole thing is. The writing is fantabulous. The characters didn't ever stop being themselves,even as they changed in different ways, which is way harder than you would think. Especially considering the romance fics I've seen so far.

And not to mention how you ended the love triangle with my pet pairing for Samurai Champloo, I was so happy. Jin/Fuu are my OTP, but the number of fics for them is a grand total of 60-some compared with Mugen/Fuu's 250-ish. You didn't make the love triangle unbearably complicated which is a godsend as well.

This makes this story all the more sweeter, though I loved this for the quality and amazing-ness. It's unbelievably canon, unbelievably believable. WOW. Serious props!
pluckedwings chapter 36 . 7/7/2013
Hnnngh. This was perfect. It was everything I was looking for, and MORE. You are amazing and this fic rocks my world.
rainandpetals chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
You should post a warning somewhere that this is a jinxfuu fic. While I understand that some readers like the suspense over who fuu will choose, I'm sure there are many readers(like me) who support mugenxfuu quite strongly. It's a lovely, well written, well captured story, just that after watching the anime, I strongly believe that it is Fuu and Mugen who belong together. I devoured the first seven chapters, and then i skipped ahead to chapter 34 because the story was veering too much into jinxfuu territory and well,...the jinfuu thing upset me. However, I do realize that its just my preference for mugenxfuu which upset me, the story was very well captured. I hope you write a mugenxfuu story someday and post the warning about this being fuujin so that mugenxfuu shippers are not hopelessly crushed after reading quite a few chapters that fuu's gonna end up with jin.
hoshiakariDreamer chapter 36 . 12/29/2012
This is, by far, my favorite Samurai Champloo story. You are a wonderful writer; your characterization is so well done, as is your sense of timing and description. I admit, I leaned more towards Fuu and Mugen before reading this, but now ... now it seems like Fuu and Jin is the 'right' pairing, and I have trouble imagining it any other way.

At some point, I will have to go back and review individual chapters, but I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy this story. Thank you so much for writing and posting it!
dadeedoo chapter 36 . 6/17/2012
God you are so perfect. Every chapter you wrote had at least one really really really good piece of prose in it I mean DAMN GIRL you're amazing. Like the part when Fuu saw the guys silhouetted against the Nagasaki night (as you said) was just SO WELL DELIVERED. I'm in awe of you.

Thank you do much for writing this. You are the physical manifestation of badassness.

mariocart86 chapter 28 . 6/4/2012
I love how you gave the conversation from Mugen's POV and Fuu's POV. It was well done. I was also blindsided by Matthew. Plus, Yatsuha's in trouble!
mariocart86 chapter 27 . 6/4/2012
Oooh. Stupid Mugen. Stupid Fuu for making Mugen do something stupid. I'm such a big Jin-Fuu fan though, so I get it.
mariocart86 chapter 25 . 6/4/2012
Oh man. Jin-Fuu-Mugen choice angst. Love it.
mariocart86 chapter 24 . 6/4/2012
Yatsuha's father is hilarious. Makes it hard to hate him.
mariocart86 chapter 23 . 6/4/2012
I love this line: "And you talked." Bundai sighed. "Not in sentences that begin with conjunctions, no."

Poor Bundai and Mugen. Plot development Jin & Fuu time? Love you.
mariocart86 chapter 22 . 6/4/2012
Oh man, I feel for Mugen. He's trying his best too. I also can't imagine the trio becoming a duo. Also feel for Yatsuha since she obviously has feelings for Mugen.
mariocart86 chapter 21 . 6/4/2012
Ahh. Sweet Jin and his insecurities.