Reviews for A Fun New Game
Cole-Hyuuga chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
no! i need hot steamy spanking, one-on-one hijikata and okita
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I think I've just cried from laughing out loud too much. But the story had some serious parts as well, and they were absolutely amazing!
Trapped-in-your-asylum chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Oh, god! souji was so brave! Update please!
Xing chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Goodness, this story is utterly hilarious! I was on my sides laughing when I reached Saito volunteering his troops and then Tatsu comes along with his proclamation about his little brother and Sano's "collection" and I just couldn't stop laughing anymore all the way until the end.

In terms of the content, I really liked how there was an advancing plot even with all that brilliant humour and also how some more serious moments were seemingly effortlessly weaved in. The numerous references to the actual Peacemaker story really rooted this story into the world of Peacemaker and I felt that those little bits of actual facts (such as the number of kenjutsu instructors in the Shinsengumi) subtly added to the credibility of the story and gave it another dimension. The characterisation in the story was extremely well done as practically everyone who makes an appearance is well established with insight which is a feat for short stories. I mean, you even got Saito to chuckle and Susumu to blush without it ever feeling out of character and I really enjoyed how Hijikata caught on fairly quickly to what his subordinates were really hinting at.

The language of the story reads easy as the sentences just "flow" and the descriptions just bring forth the most side-splitting mental images. I also thought it was great how the vocabulary was shifted ever so slightly to bring out Hijikata's eloquence and Tatsu's meticulous word choice. Scene switches were handled beautifully and I especially loved the one from Sano's 'Why, god? Why?' to Hijikata's "response" the next day. XD

Overall, I truly enjoyed reading this well thought out and well executed story and I absolutely loved the humour.

...sorry for the long windedness, but there were just so many wonderful elements to this story to mention...
General-Tang chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
That was freakin awesome! I can't remember how long its been since I laughed so hard. *bows* Very well written too, absolutly hilarious yet actually believable and still in character.
rustygirl chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
Oh god. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard ever. I practically choked on my drink. This was the most funniest thing I've ever read. I have tears on my eyes. It's just...so goddamn funny! I love you for writing this. The underwear game? Slapping each other on the ass? Hijikata taking advantage while Kondo's away? Vwahhahah, it was great!
anaemicfaeries chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Oh gods, this is hilarious. Utterly hilarious. Your characterisation is awesome, and we could totally picture everything...and the humour is just sidesplitting. Hijikata's a helluva demon while Kondou's away, lol! _
WhitePlum chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Oh my! What a fantastic and funny story!

I laughed so hard I scared my son! Lol!

Your characterisation is just wonderful, as well as the transition between the scenes.

You are a master of humour, my dear! I can't wait to find the time to read more of your stories.

*hums*
Jonquina chapter 1 . 4/17/2006
Hahahaha! Poor Tatsu! I just love that underwear game...And now, ass slapping! HAHAHA!
umeko chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Wow, you are good at writing comedy. Underwear game? Ass slapping? Sounds like there's a juvenile streak a mile wide running through the Shinsengumi.
Eson chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
Damn! I was expecting Hijikata to swing to his heart's content... Heh, Very humorous.
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
OH GOD.

I laughed so hard there were tears streaming out of my eyes. This is just the best story I've read in a long time. Extremely well written, wonderfully in character, side splitting images-

!