Reviews for Under the Influence
Xing chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
Oh, wow. This story manages to glide effortlessly from humour to the more sombre scenes (much like the series) while portraying the interactions between various characters due to the rippling implications of Hijikata's actions.

Once again, the characterization is wonderful and the dialogue just flows naturally. I especially enjoyed Tetsu's confrontation with Susumu (the biting sarcasm is reminiscent of some of the scenes those two shared throughout the series). Oh and Souji got slapped! Somehow, it's just like him to calmly let Hijikata figure out the true target of his vexation...

All in all, this was another really enjoyable read! :)
LadyYuina chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
LoL, this was pretty interesting to read, although I was wondering if some of the characters really have accents (based on the way you write their dialogue) since I've only seen it in Japanese. Anyways, I enjoyed reading this. Poor Tetsu... )
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
No, you're not like Serizawa, Toshi! *bawls*

You're lucky Okita looks after you the way he does! Making sure you think about your actions, and not get carried away with being the alpha male!

Another great story from you, sunbune. You convey the angst well, as well as showing a different side to Hijikata..and how the others respond.

Good humour too, I just couldn't help giggling at Shinpachi's efforts to console Tetsu.
Umeko chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
Oh gosh, the sake binge scenario... and you pulled it off beautifully. So that's what happens when Okita's on night duty? Hijikata better watch himself a little. Like the part where Tatsu-nii misunderstood. And Tetsu blurts things he was forbidden to reveal to Susumu's sis. And poor Shinpachi misunderstanding...

The Hijikata-Ayu past romance is very plausible, given Hijikata's reaction towards Ayu-nee volunteering for the mission and her death in the anime. That is a possible issue in the Yamazakis' strained relationship. Maybe someone can write a Hijikata-Ayu fic someday?
MikaSamu chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Wonderful. At one moment, humorous, and at another sad with ominous foreboding - much like the series, with depth carefully displayed beneath the glimmering surface.
Eson chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
That was different. I don't really see the humor or drama... Would it have been better if it was listed as General?

The story still rocks whatever the genre it is given.

Waiting for the three other PMK stories that you put on your bio as in development. :)
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
That was a good one!

Sort of angsty. But what made me smile was the conversations with Nagakura & Yamazaki.