Reviews for Enmity Spares None
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Easily the best conception of the Tactician ever given, even more so that you made him far from the stereo-typical type you mentioned (serene, calm, kind, etc.) and you ended it in semi-tragedy. I applaud you for your work.
Neir chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
. . .

That was spectacular. srrsly. An asshole, but a completely JUSTIFIED asshole, and yet, not quite an asshole.

Wow. You should be proud of this.
Houyoku chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Hello! I saw you post this on Blazingwriters, and thought that since I had the time today, I could dedicate some of it to giving you feedback _;

It was a very interesting read, I could tell that you are a practiced writer. I was impressed by your vocabulary and style, you have a true way of relaying the accounts of characters' emotional and physical states. I applaud you on that.

I loved your originality here. It seemed that your strongest character in this piece was Mark, who was basically an original character. He was very well spun and composed, the complexity of his character was astounding. He had very animated reactions, from his dry sarcasm to his contriteness. I was certainly surprised at his masochistic behavior toward Nergal, and even more so when he was sorrowful about it. Very interesting character. I'm also assuming this is all from Hector's Tale? You worked on developing the bond between our favorite boorish lord and tactician, so that much seemed evident. You were true to all the characters as well, nobody was out-of-character in the least. I loved the discourse shared between Canas and Lucius in the beginning as well; it introduced Mark's aggressive attitude without being to blatant. From Serra to Kent, everybody was how they should be.

The internal struggles that the characters faced were very much real. I can really understand Mark's search for redemption. It's all too often we realize how small and wrong we all are, and Mark was hardly an exception. Often times in fanfiction, I'm the stone-hearted type that feels at most regret at a character's death, but in this case, I felt something like sympathy.

One thing though; I'm still baffled at the idea that Mark knew how the offspring of the lords would turn out. Even with a knowledge of genetics, it's impossible to know whether the child will be male or female without the proper technology (Unless, of course, Elibe has a different genetic system). Mark's explanation about knowing Lilina's magical heredity was a bit weak as well, it seems to me that more Ilians are mercenaries rather than magic-users. I was almost expecting that Mark was somehow omniscient and beyond-space-time like he was in Samuraiter's One Year... but he wasn't. So that surprised me a bit. Maybe he has skills in clairvoyance in addition to intellect? Something to close that loophole would be nice.. I'm trying to figure out why it's necessary for him to know about Roy's and Lilina's genders in the first place.

That was really the only thing (content-wise) that was questionable to me. The story was organized and compelling otherwise.

As for mechanics, they were nearly flawless. I'm curious, is there any reason you chose the spelling 'Pharae' instead of 'Pherae'? I was wondering, maybe it was the original Greek spelling?

Well, there I go again, nitpicking things that are really trivial _; But, I did give you a long review, didn't I? Haha, sorry about the novel.

All in all, I liked it. It was a complete one-shot, from beginning, middle to end. Thanks for a good read!

~Becki
Megaolix chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
Great fic. I hope you'll write more.
Princessdaisyroxs chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
That was very good! So Mark is like half good half evil huh? Now he is the fortuneteller in this story instead of Hannah! Too bad it was a one shot, but it fits in perfectly though. .
OniKiDD chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
this is a very good story i must say you had your own character in mark and brought him to life quite well and made it seem like he did know everything that went on

a very good story