Reviews for Grey Maiden I: Philosopher's Stone
Emeraldfireblade chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
First timer, here. The descriptive way you write is breathtaking. Even though most of the events of this chapter are quite well known,You managed to make every thing excited and emotional. You really have a knack for emotions, details, and pacing.

Simply fantastic. I can't wait to see what the rest of your story looks like.

Guardian of the Sacred Emerald Flames
lastcrazyhorn chapter 7 . 3/26/2013
This chapter made me bawl . . . repeatedly.
astala7 chapter 7 . 2/22/2013
Waah, I had to cry so hard when harry got hurt! The Gryffindorks were really awful to him. I dearly hope they will apologize! And I dearly hope Harry won't forgive them and become dark and kill them all! Would serve them right.
Well, at least he now has a friend in Hermione. And he won't stay in the dark for so long with Daphne knowing the prophecy.
Him not being rescured by rediculous luck in the troll and broom incident rids the story of the little-children-atmospere and makes it serious. I really like that.
Screen-seer chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
This story is amazing! I haven't reviewed anything in five months, and I probably wouldn't have under normal circumstances. I've read my fair share of amazing stories on this site, some have made me burst with happiness, coo at the romance, or feel like I'm about to cry. I've never cried when reading anything or watching any movie/TV show even, but the talk between Harry and Hagrid drew a few tears. It had been coming since he started at Hogwarts and the desperation he held just made me cry. This story is so bittersweet, so now I'm off to finish it.
Todd chapter 11 . 12/30/2012
Are you not capable of actually changing anything from canon? Sure, I can see you keeping the Norbert sub-plot. But having it play out in exactly the same way is pure laziness on your part. I want to read a story that is actually different from canon-not just the exact same things rehashed from a different perspective. It's indefensible to argue that Harry would have identical reactions to canon's major plot events despite being raised in a drastically different environment.

A little creativity would go a long way.
JT chapter 9 . 12/30/2012
Daphne's refusal to let Harry read about Flamel is bizarre. It's not like she can expect him not to find out about such a noted wizard from countless other people or sources. Even if Harry does find out that the stone is at Hogwarts, so what? Clearly Voldemort already knows about it, but Daphne doesn't even know that Voldemort is searching for it in the first place.
critic chapter 15 . 12/11/2012
seems the story is abandoned. and i'm sorry to say, that it may be better so.

you had a great start with daphne as a motherfigure and hermione for the pairing. but the story went down really fast. i can not believe harry behaving like he is considering beeing raised by the best auror there is.
and i can also not believe that daphne would not do anything. i would call snape a death eater in front of the wizarding world and demand veritaserum. then i would target dumbles for allowing everything to happen and supporting a death eater. and finally i would send harry to a different school.
bcgcdak chapter 11 . 10/31/2012
To what you say about Ginny I can agree, but I also say in the books she is vastly underdeveloped. There is fairly little character development and she kind of comes out of nowhere as Harry's crush. She is J.K. Rowling just making a big happy ending (of sorts) in my opinion. Hermione would seem a much more natural girl for Harry, although I understand why people dislike her as well. Honestly I think Rowling missed a bit on those last two books.
Liam chapter 15 . 10/2/2012
I liked this fic a lot - good characterisation (although I thought Snape was initially a little over the top), writing style and plot. When I read that Daphne was taking Harry to Newfoundland, I must admit thinking "oh no, he's going to come back as Canadian!Harry and the dialogue will be littered with Canadian English" (not that that's always a bad thing, but I'm British, and Harry is a British character, so it doesn't sit so well with me when he starts spouting North American slang), but you've avoided that. Generally, I think you've done Harry really well; not too sure about the sudden metamorphmagus abilities, but you certainly haven't turned him into an omnipotent mage, frying Draco with beams from his eyes etc. I do enjoy reading stories in which Harry is more interested in reading and learning, and you've also avoided the temptation of making life too easy for him. Some authors seem to forget that tension makes for more interesting an gripping stories- you are not one of them!
Thanks for writing this.
Liam
Noble Korhedron chapter 15 . 6/5/2012
GREAT JOB! I'M GOING STRAIGHT ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

P.S.: You just became one of my favourite authors! :-P
eneath chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I just the first chapter, don't know if you still follow it, but I really like it! will continue reading!
morcheller chapter 6 . 5/12/2012
I've had enough. This story will most definitely not go into my favorites. I'm sorry you have so much hate in your heart!
khalraps chapter 13 . 2/28/2012
in the conversation of snape and quirrel i dont understand snape using term mudblood for hermione, because we know snape might be full of hatred but he hates someone using the word mudblood after what happened with lily.
Fury074 chapter 9 . 2/18/2012
Tonks was in Hufflepuff, and Andromeda was a Slytherin.
Fury074 chapter 5 . 2/18/2012
Wrong! Grindelwald never attended Hogwarts, ever. He went to Durmstrang.
545 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »