Reviews for Grey Maiden I: Philosopher's Stone
BMS chapter 3 . 6/15/2014
Why would James move something to his trust vault he couldn't get until he was emancipated and would have access to the main Potter vault? Seems like emotional torture to make an orphan see that every time he came into his vault, makes James seem like an uncaring S.O.B. to me. Also considering he had a different upbringing Harry seems quite similar to cannon so far.
A Week Of Sundays chapter 6 . 4/26/2014
This fic, seriously brings tears to my eyes. Reading books like this are interesting, but just from reading six chapters. ;(
Guest chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
First time I've read a really good account of what happened. Pretty canon (except for the Daphne bit) too. I loved Sirius's part.
xvector chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
AMAZING story. Truly phenomenal.

I love the emotions going through Harry. You make them feel so *real*, the emotions of the story are projected onto the reader... at points I felt as lonely as Harry, and shed man-tears.

I loved this story. I might have not been a fan of your second story, but this is a very good read- characters are spot-on, and Slytherin Harry is a new perspective - a breath of fresh air.

I hope you complete the series!
a chapter 6 . 9/20/2013
This is just fucking ridiculous.

Harry has absolutely zero reason to remain in such a shite school.
Noble Korhedron chapter 14 . 7/13/2013
"Ah, yes. Something about "not cleaning up your mess when it exploded in your face," it seems you were correct, my old friend. Nonetheless, there is no harm done."

"No harm done? Albus for Merlin's sake, think about what Dressler is going to do!"

Dumbledore winced. "I must admit that had slipped my mind. Let us make haste, these two need attention." *cracks up laughing at what Daphne will do to Snape and Dumbledork*
old-crow chapter 15 . 6/30/2013
Hi,

I liked your first story. This isn't the first time that I read it, but I appreciate the fact that the fanfiction site allows for easy revisions and replacements of chapters.

Regarding your ship flip as it is, it is a very divisive point among readers. In my own reading and writing I've encountered very few readers who like both Hermione and Ginny.

In your story's case and in the case of the fanfiction site, most storytellers list two characters, such as Harry and Hagrid. Most readers ass u me that a love interest is implied, rather than simply a listing of main characters.

Sometimes the best move is simply not to play; meaning not to list a second character and never take anything beyond being pals.

Readers can be strange creatures.

old-crow chapter 9 . 6/30/2013
Ji,

I especially enjoyed your scene in the carriage where Harry sticks up for Neville; explaining his parents' situation to Hermione. That was a great display of character.

Well told,

old-crow chapter 2 . 6/29/2013
Hi,

I have a question on another scene.

...
"That's probably a good idea. The other reason is, well, complicated. The Headmaster of Hogwarts is a great wizard, Albus Dumbledore. You've read about him?"

Harry nodded and smiled.

"Well, he's very powerful and a great leader. But he also makes mistakes, like any human being. He did not want me to take you as a baby, for a number of reasons, but in part because he believes in the potency of Blood Magic. Do you know what that is?"

Harry shook his head.

...

How would she know of Dumbledore's thoughts or ideas? He wasn't there and I doubt that he'd have stated it in an Order meeting prior to the Potters' murders.

This one is more of your making, so I don't feel as bad about asking it.

old-crow chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Hi,

I do have a question regarding this scene.
...
"But how did this child defeat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?" the wheezy-voiced Elphias Dodge asked. "And where is the boy now?"

"I do not know, Elphias, how young Harry defeated the Killing Curse that was cast upon him."

Whispers and gasps followed this proclamation.

"He survived the Killing Curse?" Arthur Weasley, the red-headed father of seven children, asked quietly.

"I believe so," Dumbledore said, mixing fact with educated conjecture. "It appears that Lord Voldemort cast the curse at Harry and it was somehow reflected back at him, ripping his own soul from his body. He is gone for now. As for Harry, he is safe, to the extent of my knowledge."

...

Without visual inspection of Harry, how in the world could Dumbledore have come to this conclusion? Based on the evidence alone, Lily could have dropped a grenade at Riddle's feet and shielded Harry. That would be an easier explanation, even with knowledge of the prophecy?

I realize that it's not a plot hole of your making, but at times it seems as big as the grand canyon.

Guest chapter 9 . 5/3/2013
I know it's a bit redundant bringing this up considering that Harry is in Slytherin in this fic, but I'm unsure whether you're unaware of it or if it was an informed decision, so I will: Andromeda and Nymphadora Tonks weren't Ravenclaws. Tonks was a Hufflepuff and her mother was a Slytherin.
*Kind of* liking the story so far. It's a bit too depressing for my tastes.
Mr Angry chapter 8 . 5/3/2013
I don't *want* to see Ron become Harry's friend. I have to remind myself that he's only eleven to not want him *dead*. As it is, I'm hoping for something violent and extremely painful to happen to him, along with Malfoy. Sadly, it seems the only people you intend to make suffer are the ones who don't deserve it. I really hope things improve very soon, I'm not sure how much more angst, frustration and hatred I can take from a simple piece of fanfiction. Right now, I wouldn't mind if Gryffindor tower burnt down with all its students, apart from Hermione, inside it.
Emeraldfireblade chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
First timer, here. The descriptive way you write is breathtaking. Even though most of the events of this chapter are quite well known,You managed to make every thing excited and emotional. You really have a knack for emotions, details, and pacing.

Simply fantastic. I can't wait to see what the rest of your story looks like.

Guardian of the Sacred Emerald Flames
lastcrazyhorn chapter 7 . 3/26/2013
This chapter made me bawl . . . repeatedly.
astala7 chapter 7 . 2/22/2013
Waah, I had to cry so hard when harry got hurt! The Gryffindorks were really awful to him. I dearly hope they will apologize! And I dearly hope Harry won't forgive them and become dark and kill them all! Would serve them right.
Well, at least he now has a friend in Hermione. And he won't stay in the dark for so long with Daphne knowing the prophecy.
Him not being rescured by rediculous luck in the troll and broom incident rids the story of the little-children-atmospere and makes it serious. I really like that.
572 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »