Reviews for Grey Maiden I: Philosopher's Stone
morcheller chapter 6 . 5/12/2012
I've had enough. This story will most definitely not go into my favorites. I'm sorry you have so much hate in your heart!
khalraps chapter 13 . 2/28/2012
in the conversation of snape and quirrel i dont understand snape using term mudblood for hermione, because we know snape might be full of hatred but he hates someone using the word mudblood after what happened with lily.
Fury074 chapter 9 . 2/18/2012
Tonks was in Hufflepuff, and Andromeda was a Slytherin.
Fury074 chapter 5 . 2/18/2012
Wrong! Grindelwald never attended Hogwarts, ever. He went to Durmstrang.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 15 . 1/29/2012
Really loving this, it hits all my favourites, I hate Ron, H/G is my favourite ship and I always love a strong female lead character.
DivineDeity chapter 13 . 11/16/2011
Well, this is a sad review for me. I came upon this fanfic in hopes that I would finally get to read a well written H/Hr story. But alas, the A/N in this chapter has revealed otherwise. Nothing against the pairing H/G, but I've read plenty of them. In fact, I've read mostly H/G and H/LL. I have yet to find a H/Hr fanfic that would keep my attention, at least until this one. Everything seemed to be going great too, but as I'm not here to read yet another H/G fanfic I'm going to stop here. Great story, great character development for the most part, and great writing in general. Still, it's not what I'm looking for.
dmet6662 chapter 9 . 11/14/2011
harry potter is begging for friendship how pathetic
LuminationPresenter chapter 10 . 10/29/2011
If Daphne loves Harry, then shouldn't she be against his being humiliated? Remember, JKR rightly considered the Marauder's treatment of Snape to be seriously abusive and it didn't even have that added element of ignominy that Tonks doing it has.

Regardless, Tonks' level of abuse is nothing to what he would receive from Hermione. If they become an item, what words will she carve into his face (like she carved the word SNEAK into Marietta's face) when he offends her in any way?
LuminationPresenter chapter 5 . 10/28/2011
You write a lot better than JKR ever did and I have no doubt you found the resolution of the Harry Potter series a tremendous disappointment.
peregrin01 chapter 8 . 10/22/2011
I don't know about this. The story has a great aggravating effect but that's something that was achieved quite artificially. The logic of the story is simply off.

If I followed your example and decided to write, let's say, something original and shocking, it would like this (e.g.):

Harry goes to the ministry at the end of his fifth year and suddenly turns into a cyborg. There.

And then I would prance myself around al day long, taking pride in how original I was. See what I mean?
serialkeller chapter 15 . 10/12/2011
ok, first of all, you must have one of the most emo type brains on the planet, or if not emo, then sadistic as you practically torture harry and hermione and the readers every chapter. Another thing that is bugging me is that daphne is way too trusting of dumbledore, which totally sucks as it leaves harry out of everything, well fuck that. Also, not allowing him to study many spells totally sucks balls, non canon stories need more of harry kicking ass than getting his ass which in this fic seems to be around a 9:1 ratio of getting his ass kicked to kicking other people's asses. Really hoping this improves in the sequel as I almost slit my wrists from the sheer amount of abuse that harry receives.
David-El chapter 6 . 10/9/2011
I'm liking the story so far, but if I were Harry, by now I would have grabbed Dumbledore the first time I saw him and begged to be resorted. Most of the Slytherins hate him and most of his trouble with the other houses seems to be rooted in the fact that he was sorted into Slytherin. If he were resorted, the problems with the other houses would eventually disappear, right?
Lightningwolf325 chapter 15 . 9/3/2011
I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed this fic. I liked how realistic it was in certain aspects (I too thought that it was absurd that three first years managed to get past protections made to keep out the most feared dark wizard of the age). But it also stuck believably to canon (such as how you simply enhanced the original protections, not to mention the reactions of the student body as a whole). The way that you had Harry's upbringing BELIEVABLY changing his personality and attitude was superb.

Though, I do have one piece of criticism. Harry and Hermione used quite a but of magic (for first years, at least) while trying to get to the Stone, and it wouldn't have been overly long since they originally suffered from magical exhaustion. However, they didn't even seem to feel the effects of the extreme magic use. Forgive me if I'm making this out to be bigger than it actually is.

That aside, I really loved the plot. It isn't very often that you come access something where Harry isn't loved by most of the school, even when he's been raised by someone other than the Dursleys. So now I have to go read the next installment (thanks a lot, you got me hooked). Keep writing!
1529 chapter 9 . 8/25/2011
I understand most of where you're coming from in the lack of intervention at Hogwarts, but... The level of abuse in this case is extremely above canon and there has to be some way of getting the Board of Governors to look into problems, that is why there is a Board, to look into problems when the current administration won't resolve something. I suspect that had such a thing been done in the canonverse, Malfoy Senior would have blocked it, but with the concern being shown by Pomfrey, McGonagall and Sinistra in this story, something more should have been done.

I am still enjoying the story, but your comments about how much it takes to get Dumbledore moving is starting to raise my same complaints from canon, the characters in your story are aiding and abetting in child abuse, it might be minor in some ways, but it is present and they aren't doing anything to prevent it... In some fanon versions the use of resorting has been used successfully in cases where extreme problems would arise from a certain sorting arrangement, and there really has to be such a method otherwise muggleborns would end up being abused in Slytherin all the time.
1529 chapter 8 . 8/25/2011
Here I am again. I agree with most of this chapter, and the characters seem to be settling down into a consistent personality now. But I don't get what is so bad about threatening someone who deserves it. Standing up for yourself and your friends is not a character flaw (you seemed to be saying it was in your A/N).

As to your note about Ron, with his predisposition to mocking Hermione (even in canon where she is a not a friend with a Slytherin), I don't see him ever being able to become Harry's friend as he would be partially betraying Hermione by befriending Ron.
564 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »