Reviews for Eastbound and Down
Anthony1l chapter 6 . 5/11/2012
This story is hilarious, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
Mr. Wizard chapter 6 . 4/19/2010
Wonderful funny ending. I can see that pedigree for this story. And the closing scene was classic.
Mr. Wizard chapter 5 . 4/19/2010
Argh! Turning hogs into sausage? Fitting but to hope Peter Parker isn't out on the road, Felix might suffer from a case of mistaken identity.

Thanks for the scene with the gangstas. It's important to remind the reader that Kim isn't just a figure of fun here.

And you've kept the Rongo banter true to the film.
Mr. Wizard chapter 4 . 4/14/2010
Boy, those kids are so wicked. Great job of appealing to the spirit of the movie. Still, would dread the thought of Kim catching up, so at least they've made a good memory.
Mr. Wizard chapter 3 . 4/14/2010
And Kim Possible will now channel Jackie Gleason.

Hard as it is to believe, it really works and Larry is just great. She might want to listen to him at some point.

The Ron/Shego chemistry is working well. And as someone who has put together a car (and chariot) chase or two, you've got the road scenes down or up or flying or whatever else you want them to do.
Mr. Wizard chapter 2 . 4/14/2010
You're handling the salty language well, which is always a bit of a sore point for KP fics.

Like the back story with Kim and Ron, though I have trouble seeing anything being more exciting than what they were doing. Great banter between Ron and Shego.
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Never thought of this set up. Great use of the various characters. Now off to the races, so to speak.
afan chapter 6 . 1/3/2009
the kp/canball run is an awsome idea is wade gonna be captain chaos
Ninja Master chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Awasome ch!
panda0031698 chapter 6 . 4/23/2008
this was a great fic and my first fic based off a film and from the beggining i could not stop laughing. the film you chose is a faverit of mine and reading this fic has made me look for it on the net. i love the idea of the sequal as it is based off another film i love. eny idea when it will come out
JPElles chapter 6 . 2/13/2008
I didnt realize I hadn't reviewed this. Anyway love the story. Very nice spin on the story. Very funny, very interesting, and a good light read overall. Keep writing.
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 6 . 10/20/2007
FAH3,

I was digging through the KP archives for a real juicy, off-the-wall, complete story to read. Since I am nearly pushing 40, I had no qualms about allowing the search to include M-rated material.

When I saw the 'Eastbound and Down' title, I remembered all those times I saw the original 'Smokey and the Bandit' movie. While with most stories, the book should not be judged by its cover, I knew after the first chapter this story could only be one of two things:

1) One of the flat-out funniest stories I have read in FanFiction in a long time; or

2) One of the biggest pieces of 10-200 to ever disgrace the site.

Luckily for all concerned, this story was the former.

On the one hand, you were extremely faithful to the movie, including the 'spelling' of Burdette on the note Felix left in Texarkana.

On the other hand, you seemlessly infused the KP characters so flawlessly, their actions really were *not* 'out-of-character' in the least. Given the situations faced by these characters, I actually believed they would make the choices they made.

On top of all that, you added just the right amount of humor from other sources...the 'Dukes of Hazzard' car flying, the KITT 'turbo boost' and nitros, the 'cigarettes and sunglasses' reference from 'The Blues Brothers', and the ultimate topper:

"I'm gonna barbeque your * in Diablo Sauce!"

This would normally be the time I would criticize your numerous spelling and punctuation issues throughout the story. They were more than the usual 'slip-ups' attributable to the fact we are humans, not robots. With this story, I had no way to actually help you past this, seeing as it was completed about a year before I joined FF.

Still, I knew I would find a gem in these archives...if I kept digging long enough.

A standing ovation of one, from...

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
FireStorm2K7 chapter 6 . 8/31/2007
Absolutely awesome! I have never laughed so hard in my life. I was about 10 when the original Smokey and the Bandit came out, and it was one of my favorites. Keep up the good work, and I am looking forward to your other stories.
BlazeStryker chapter 6 . 8/25/2007
Delightful, and the 'reveal' was at once pure Bandit and pure Shego!

I must say that the thought of the Reynolds Bandit laying low as Mr. Go is.. disturbing, unless of course Shego's actually from a affair Mrs. Go had with the man..

That'd both Shego's bailing from the family AND fit the man's somewhat casual style.

Also, I'd like to see all those projects, especially Need for Speed, as it's a sequel we all need to see! (you just KNOW descendents of the Cannonballers (real and fictional) and KP villains are all gonna get caught up in this thing!)
Solarstone chapter 6 . 8/15/2007
This is probably the most "pure awesomely fun" fic I've read in a long time. Unlike so many others, you made the Rongo relationship work in a simple, no-fuss, way. I liked that. I did feel bad for KP, but hey this is comedy, right!]

Personally I can't wait for the sequel.