Reviews for Purple Mist
Mereri chapter 1 . 2/23
This story has me hooked! There is so much potential here...but it's been 11 years since an update...I want to know what is gonna happen!
JungHOOK chapter 19 . 12/17/2017
the worst part about reading Spirited Away fanfictions are the fact that some of the hella good ones are dropped
This hasnt been updated in almost 10 years and I feel sad ;c
Author, did you quit or did smth happen
Idk love the story, naybe someone can adopt it and finish it
Lacrymosa chapter 19 . 11/28/2017
The end, my only friend, the end.
As I previously said, the idea of letting Chihiro take over the bathhouse had potential. But I'm afraid that's all of the praise.
The original story 'Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi' worked pretty well without great suspense, a big bad villain pulling the strings or an army of manipulated spirits with the intention to kill.
Therefore the story was ruined when the delicate Japanese mythology started to transform into a brawny American action movie.
2nd point of no return: the shipping.
Good shipping is like a good joke. The punchline must neither come too early nor must it come too late.
If it comes too early the reader will not be prepared for it and eventually miss it.
If it comes too late the reader will no longer be interested in hearing it because he's bored by all the previous stuff.
Since up to the eleventh chapter nothing has happened AT ALL, your punchline is coming far too late.
One last thing: you might have mixed up the ordinary dysfunctional and deficient relationship of humans with the immortal love of two soulmates.
A man is emotionally open like a book towards the woman he loves even if he's hard like a rock towards anyone else. There is no need to make him open up. This will happen all by itself.
However, thank you very much for trying.
Lacrymosa chapter 3 . 11/27/2017
So far so good, very good indeed.
I liked the idea of Yubaba offering Chihiro to run the Aburaya.
And as of now you managed to keep the atmosphere. Keep going and this fic might become exceptionally good.
dv36muskan chapter 19 . 7/3/2017
Agh! Is it too much to ask for the next update? Cause it's gonna be 10 years since the last update, and I'm dying to know whether or not the story is gonna continue!
maripaz6 chapter 19 . 6/20/2016
Pleeeeeease post more this is really good! And I bet you have a bunch of plot-bunnies to share... I love Hebi also. At first I thought he was a part of a love triangle (noooo!) But it turned out he's more of a brother (yaaaaaay!). I want to see what happens! Chihiro with Yubaba and Zeniba's power is so cool! Please please please post again! And soon!
maripaz6 chapter 13 . 6/20/2016
I REALLY like your plot! It's so original! Chihiro's already on-track to become a spirit, and a powerful one at that! But of course there are othet issues (rice spirits!) We've got evil villans! Awesome! This is an amazing story!
This Username Is Classified chapter 19 . 8/29/2015
Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if your dream actually came true. HAHAHA. But anyway, really glad I came across your fanfic! It's not very easy to find someone with good or proper grammar around here. Thanks for that! I think Chihiro would make a really great boss~ The storyline has lots of potential! Hope you'll get back to updating! Though that seems pretty improbable.. Sigh.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/12/2015
I DIDN'T KNOW I NEEDED THIS THANK YOU
Fionamoi chapter 19 . 6/4/2015
this is really good!
I don't know if you're continuing with this story, but you really should
so please update soon ;)
Guest chapter 19 . 5/25/2015
Oh this story is so beautiful!
jazz chapter 19 . 12/29/2014
Why stop?
jazz chapter 14 . 12/29/2014
This is amazing
jazz chapter 5 . 12/29/2014
I'm really enjoying this
cheriikyandi chapter 19 . 9/17/2012
After rewatching Spirited Away for the millionth time I decided to search out some good fan fiction to try to quench the yearning I had for more. After half reading a few lackluster stories I was about to give up when I stumbled upon Purple Mist. For the past two days I've lost myself in the story so much I wish it was canon. I really want to read more and I hope this story has just been on a really long hiatus and will update tomorrow, right? RIGHT? T_T. I realize that most likely won't happen but I want to sincerely thank you for what is written. I created an account just so I could make this comment and watch for any updates that may appear in the future. Thank you again.