Reviews for Polaris
viper47 chapter 7 . 7/10/2006
Finally read the last chapters and WOW, it just got better and better!

Thanks for this story!
viper47 chapter 3 . 7/5/2006
HI!

I really like this story, the way Lee thinks and acts feels so real.

Only bit that seemed out of character to me was that Lee dragged Polaris to the commander. Why not just tell him to follow him, the boy is doing as asked anyway?

Other than that, great!
aryali chapter 7 . 6/13/2006
yay! the epilogue is here! Very nice, gives a good sense of closure. THANK YOU for that! oh and good luck with things on the homefront little brother!
TCY chapter 7 . 6/5/2006
This is a very lovely story. Thanks for writing. I really enjoyed seeing the compassionate, human side of Lee that Polaris brought out.
Spookywanluke chapter 6 . 5/30/2006
Beautiful story, love the weaving of threads in Lee's life from Kara to Polaris.

Its sad that the boy died, but it was written so well, forcing me to take a box of tissues. I also love seeing how Lee breaks down and finally Kara is the one to comfort him.

Well written and in character.

When is the epilogue due?
eveningspirit1 chapter 6 . 4/26/2006
First part - brilliant again. Loved that repeated phrase "just another deckhand", and loved that you used different words for "deckhand" actually.

Then... not so good. Adama's reaction... not very mature. In a situation like that you just don't leave a person alone. No one can sort this through on their own when they are such a mess. But then - I personally don't see (or portray) older Adama as so all-knowing as some other stories, so I take it, that he simply was wrong, what we humans do often. If you thought the same thoug, you should emphasise "the mistake factor", not "faith in his son". But then - I don't truly know what you wanted to say, so... just shut up, yannik.

Next. You messed something up with Polaris star. Need some lecture on astronomy? :) Again I don't know what you meant, what you wanted to say, so maybe just writing more about some myth from Colonies culure might solve it. The way it stands - it's a simple lack of research and world analisys.

Final - sex scene. Firstly I must say I don't like descriptive sex, and you didn't do it here much, so it's a plus in my oppinion. But on the other hand you lacked passion here a bit. The way you wrote about Lee's despair in previous chapter was much more emotional than this. But that's just me. Everyone reads differently, nay?

You're very good writer. So just keep writing. Waiting for an update!
eveningspirit1 chapter 5 . 4/26/2006
I haven't been here in a while, and yes, it's probably because those OC stories are not as magnetic, and standard LK thing... But this is so incredibly well written, plus it has those depressing intrusions, what is my obsession definitelly... Anyway - nice to read a story not written by myself, that captures depression theme so maturely, and almost palpably. I wish I could to this half as well, as you do. This chapter was perfect.
jeps chapter 6 . 4/22/2006
another brilliant chapter. the emotions come across so well, i adored the lee/kara interaction and look forward to the next chapter.
Dexick chapter 5 . 4/19/2006
Hm... okayI take back the evil look from the last review cause this chapter ROCKS! I know i know, i shouldnt really say that cause afterall, you did kill him, but still- dude! anyway, Im glad for all the k/l stuff you put in here- it makes my day
aloysius chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
More more!

I love the perspective you've taken on this story, first because you captured the viewpoint of a younger civilian (younger than any we've seen on the show save Boxey who didn't really have a perpective) and second because you're giving us a glimpse into the consequences of war. Also, you've integrated your own character nicely using BSG characters/settings as a backdrop, something I hadn't seen in your writing up until now. I also like seeing Lee's consternation at having to deal with an unexpected stowaway-cum-viper tech.
gibgirl4 chapter 5 . 4/18/2006
OMG! Now I'm really sad! But again some really great stuff in this chapter! Want to see where you take this since you did just kill Polaris...
jeps chapter 5 . 4/18/2006
excellent chapter, well written but you made me want to cry! poor Polaris poor Lee! how will he cope. please update soon
mrushGDI chapter 4 . 4/6/2006
Loves her lil bro.. Still loves the story. And thank god for you nuna!
Dexick chapter 4 . 4/6/2006
Um... WOW! Hows that for a twist. Wans't expecting that at all. You must put the next chapter up soon cause this is a horrid place to leave us. ::Shoots you an evil look:: ;-)
Alexandria Kana chapter 4 . 4/6/2006
Ek! Noo! More. Now!

Shesh, now my grandmother really thinks I'm crazy. Update... quickly! please... pretty please?