Reviews for Of Sun
Danko Kaji chapter 3 . 12/31/2012
Arguably my favorite chapter of the entire story. You presented their intellectual intimacy gloriously! I always pictured Yuna and Baralai having plenty conversations-and debates-about anything and everything. They have such startling similarities it surprises me that there are plenty of Tidus/Yuna fanfiction when we have received plenty of their bond in the game. But Baralai/Yuna, they so much unresolved sexual tension and unexplored chemistry.

I love the creative backstory you gave for the Al Bhed, and the Guado, and both character's perspective for how they viewed Sin, Yu Yevon, and the Eternal Calm. You give so much into the world of Spira, it might as well belong to the actual universe. I applaud your imagination!
Danko Kaji chapter 2 . 12/31/2012
I admire how you don't romanticize Baralai and Yuna's relationship, how you lead into their interactions slowly and with plenty of color. I also LOVE the map of your imagination when you describe the layout of Bevelle Temple. It really paints the place much broader than what the games give us.

I also love the addition of the Magic Academy and the anniversary of a faceless Maester, Bevellian holidays and events... Wonderful. The way you depict Baralai in his everyday normal busy-ness is also fun and entertaining, and we don't have to know exactly what he's doing. It's beyond our comprehension anyways (but in later chapters I love how you write out the scenes of politicking and stuffy meetings).

The most poignant part was how you introduced Baralai's awareness and knowledge of Tidus's existence, and how he came to know about it. Excellent execution.
Danko Kaji chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I'm impressed beyond words how you took the InternationalLast Mission ending, and started the story from there. Not many people go for that plot in fanfiction (which begs the question: what will Baralai do after he's no longer Praetor? Become a librarian? A university professor? Maybe even an archaeologist? The possibilities are endless.)

I also like that despite the fact they're all we-saved-the-world buddies, they have the capacity to argue and not get along also. Your dialogue, damn your dialogue, it's always my favorite aspect of your writing style. You have the knack to give characters memorable lines. Excellent job!

I hope by reviewing every chapter, you will be motivated to finish the last few chapters. This deserves to be finished.
Danko Kaji chapter 12 . 1/12/2012
You're so close to finishing. D: Please, update.
SmilesAtEveryone chapter 12 . 8/23/2010
Please update.
MinaDeville chapter 12 . 7/3/2010
Gah! Keep writing please! pretty pleeeeeeeease? '(
o chapter 8 . 2/27/2010
No more gorgeously written BaralaiXYuna fic have I read. Brilliant beyond words and belief - the characterization and plot flow is amazing and well-paced; I love this to pieces!
Corrupt Innocence chapter 12 . 7/27/2009
I'll give you a million cookies if you keep going?
Corrupt Innocence chapter 6 . 7/27/2009
Gah, you write Gippal so beautifully! *squee!*

I'm enjoying this very much
Dikitas chapter 12 . 1/20/2009
I love it! You gonna write more right? RIGHT? Please...?

Happy Words

*Melodia*
Panda-no-Yuuhi chapter 12 . 6/7/2008
Wow. This is a great fanfic, ( and my first YunaxBaralai XD ) Update soon _
Keyblade Mistress Hikari chapter 12 . 5/31/2008
I am -SO- happy that this is continued. I remembered reading it all eleven chapters it had then in a matter of days a month or two ago. (I never have that kind of patience, but it was just so good, I couldn't stop.) This story, single-handedly, made me an avid BxY shipper.

Well, at the risk of sounding redundant, it's beautifully written so far, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the chapters play out. And as much as I love Baralai, it would be nice to see him pushed in the water. For many reasons.
Angry Girl chapter 12 . 5/31/2008
*stares*

Wow I really had thought that this story was long gone you know? I'm really happy that you will be finishing though even if there only is a few more!

I enjoyed the begining Paine and Gippal talk and how she has kinda played god in how things are not expecting that exact result but being pleased with the results regardless. I never considered it really but now that I think back it would have been hard for her wouldn't it? Rikku is her friend and Paine knows that Rikku can't always be there to guard her Yuna may have to slowly figure things out on her own. Giving her something new to consider.

And the aftermath of what happened is on her mind as with her 'I think I've done something stupid and I don't regret it.. well maybe' kinda Rikku talk. And the cousins heart to heart of sorts where they both admit where they could have done things better. But it's all very believable all of their actions. And her moving closer to him after they climb out of the failed tent lol that was a very funny image by the way :-P in a no! and then them being covered lumps. I bet Paine and Gippal were amused. haha.

I'm also for the 'push Baralai into the sea' group he's in Besaid and he's wearing that green thing? he has it coming seriously. Also them debating whether or not to include Nooj... I agree lets leave him out he may kill them, and this time Gippal might not be so lucky and Rikku too! that memory of his was also good as well as the mention of his throwing a couple of insults the Yevonites way can picture that scene *nods*

Well I'll finish up with I'm happy that you're back!
Angel Taisha chapter 12 . 5/31/2008
I'd forgotten about this story; I guess it was a good idea to put it on alert, lol!

Anyway- good chapter! It's good that R & Y kind of cleared things up for the most part- but the last part stole the chapter and had me giggling like crazy! SO funny!
emeraldoni chapter 12 . 5/30/2008
I am so glad you decided to update. I thought it was a lost cause. This story was the whole reason that I got interested in in FF-X fanfiction,. especially BaraliaxYuna. I'm always so disappoited cause there so few fanfiction of them out there, and even less of the ones that are actually decent. So to see you update is completely and totally awesome, as you can imagine.

I hope you update soon, because I absolutely love this story.

Thanks,