Reviews for Children Do Grow Up
InvisiblePuppeteer chapter 1 . 2/10
I have to admit that I never thought about how they would change when they were returned to their parents. I applaud you for doing such a graceful job of telling all angles of this-the mother's admittance and the children's frustration at being children again. I think you did a masterful job of bringing in each kid in naturally and making it seem like a completely normal and not forced interaction.
Thank you for posting this!
-Ever yours, The Invisible Puppeteer
The Wackspurt Conspiracy chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
love it!
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Oh, the magic doesn't end in the Professor's house. and you are definitely missing out on... a lot of somethings, actually, here. Watch, wait, hope... ah, indeed, Edmund. Indeed. Oh, Anne, if only you knew... it wasn't you who has stepped into another universe... the children... or perhaps, not-so-children did.

A lovely, very good post-LLW fic! As always, great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I enjoyed this very much! The return to England, and the changes in the children seen from an outsider's point of view is unusual. Well done!
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
this is thebestestfriendsforever just moved to a different account.

good story.
sarlovesoccer chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Very wonderful! I LOVED it!
WannaBeAVampire chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Hey, great story but I just wanted to point out that their mother's name Helen. Which is what Lucy told Mr. Tumnus when they first met. I loved the story though, good job
Francienyc chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
It seems petty, but I must reply to the last review which argued with my use of 'toilet' for 'bathroom.' Upon consulting my British friend, I discovered that toilet is in fact correctly used in this story. It can also be used to refer to arranging hair and makeup, but it is also where one goes to the bathroom. Toilet was a word the aspiring middle classes used, according to a wikipedia chart I consulted ( en./wiki/U_and_non-U_English). It's not really about Victorian sensibilities but trying to sound posh or not.

This may seem like such a small thing, but I'm going to be teaching linguistics-I had to make my case! I'll accept when I'm wrong, especially with my American speak-for example, I've had the Pevensies say 'smart' rather than 'clever' when smart in the 40's in Britain meant 'neatly dressed.'
Hael chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
About the line "Anne went upstairs to *use the toilet*" . . . the term should be *freshen up*

This is England in the 1940s remember, and they still retained elemental propriety from the Victorian era. Your toilet was "the act or process of dressing or grooming oneself, including bathing and arranging the hair."
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Wonderful!
snowstargirl chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
How interesting! It's neat to think about the ways the children would have changed, and the way their mother would react to those changes, with no way of understanding what had happened to cause them. Poor Julia! Great job though! I liked the way you wrote the children's interactions, and the way Anne didn't wonder about their conversation until she had left as she was so caught up in theways they had grown up. Another wonderful story :)
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Ah... I always love the fics where the parents wonder what in the world went on at the Professor's house to change the children so much. They're always so melancholy because we know what changed them and why they are are they way they are, but they're happy, too, because we know they're bringing back all the beautiful things that place gave them! U

I loved the end, how she saw how much they had changed, especially Edmund! _ It was so sweet!

Rock on! U *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;)
thebestestfriendsforever chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
this was a great story.
LunaNigra chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Great one... And a different point of view, too!

Luna
dw chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
This is the best story about the childrens appearance to the adults after their return that I have read so far! Thanks for your imagination and for sharing it with us.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »