Reviews for The Tragic Comedy
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 3/24
Loved this week's episode. Nice contrast between types of men. I know who I'd pick. Thanks.
sara.koch90 chapter 1 . 6/30/2018
This is incredible. I am lucky to have discovered you as a fanfiction author. It is so difficult to find great fanfictions let alone find any for a niche fandom. I have read your stories 10 years ago when my english wasn't the best (am german) but I couldn't restrain myself because I knew that they are something special. Now I find myself always returning to all of them and still loving them all if not even more because I can see how amazing, rare and incredible you are Scarlet and I I really hope this review reaches you even though it's long overdue. All the best and hoping that you still are or will be writing fanfictions.
Wai-Jing Waraugh chapter 1 . 3/29/2018
This one reminded me of one of my favourite writers, Ngaio Marsh; she was an amateur dramatist and set more of her mysteries in the theatre than anywhere else.
Margo's comment about 'shadows on your sundial' was fun, as was Lamont making fun of Nick, and Moe teasing both of them about their fight. It was nice to see that the couple's relationship isn't all mind-melding and snuggles. I liked how Lamont faking his death in the previous story still had repercussions in this one; Margo's hurt, dissatisfaction at how things were, and inability to articulate what she really wanted to change in the relationship all felt very real. Glad to see it had a happy ending, another great one in the series!
J.D. Finck chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Great read, a simple, straightforward Shadow adventure, with the right amount of character development between Margo and Lamont to give the narrative depth. Your prose and dialogue are excellent. I've never read the original pulp stories of the Shadow, I only have the comics and film version to go by, but you captured the characters very well. A lot of fan fics wander so far from the source material that they lose me. That was not a problem here; you wrote a story that would be right at home on a Barnes & Nobel shelf. I'll definitely read more of your work - you have chops!
maxiefae chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
they are so cute
scottsman chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
I loved this story it was extremely well written, keep writing
watchergirl chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Simply lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Les chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Another wonderful installment! I liked how you expressed Margo's emotions over Lamont's "death" in "Dangerous Minds": very nice to see continuity between stories.
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
You know what's funny about this story? I am blessed with being able to travel a lot and this past month I got to go to New York. It's always been my dream to see a real New York Broadway, so when I started to read this a while back and I saw that it was sorta based on Broadway, I put it aside. I took it with me and read it after being able to experience a show and let me tell you, it was so incredible reading your story and being in that "environment." Some people go to New York and think pizza, others cabbies, me - The Shadow! I think I was irritating my husband the whole time b/c we'd be somewhere, Times Square for instance, and I'd lean over and say things like, "You know, The Shadow's Sanctum was in Times Square." And it's all b/c of certain authors who have gotten me hooked! Your stories are so enjoyable! I will be sad when I have read them all!
Frostfyre7 chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Very good. I laughed out loud several times. You're sticking to the Shadow's character as it was established in the film, ie, that he actually *has* a sense of humor and *isn't* invulnerable. I love the old radio plays, but the Shadow in that incarnation was so all-powerful he was annoying. :D Cheers!
bluedragon1836 chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
awesome.
Paddington chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
I liked it
2remember chapter 1 . 5/20/2006
I love it!

I was wondering if there was any collection of Shadow fanfics here, and I'm glad I found one, at least!

Great story, a lot like the old pulps, though better written.

Thanks for posting it...
ShibbyLoogie-x chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
it's very good but you could of seperated it into chapters
Twixy chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
YAY! A Shadow story!

I've seen that movie again today, and realised how much I like it! but that hag totaly nothing to do with your fic LOL

I liked this very very very very much!

write another one XD

but I don't understand one thing... is this the only Shadow fic or what? cuase if it is it's just terrible (not the fic)

ow well... write more XD

dis rocks!

and I just loved the ending XD (DHU!)

oh well...