Reviews for Gracefully Gone
Miranda Took chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
This is wonderful writing. You create amazingly haunting lines with simplest of words. And I liked the way you analysed Remus' perspective, I myself have often thought about it...for a werewolf who never had friends till he got to school, then lost them, got back one again and lost him for the final time. Very touching, and Remus is one of my favourite characters too, not just in Harry Potter but beyond..
folk chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
"Granted, most of those possibilities involved sneaking about under an invisibility cloak, desperately trying to avoid Filtch's cat. But he'd gracefully sidestepped the angst and gloom that had surrounded me and helped me find...myself."

Somehow, that sums up this entire fic for me-very harsh, uncompromising, but at the same time-to use Remus's/your word-graceful.

The ending is reminiscent of Achebe's "Things Fall Apart"-it tears you out of one perspective and forces you to see it from a completely different one, the raw edges of that separation adding to the contrast of the second perspective (i.e. Remus's POV followed by this sudden picture of Sirius's death). It really adds to the feeling of emptiness that you allude to when Remus looks at the veil.

I truly enjoyed this story, and I would like to ask you to please read and review some of my HP fics (Winterstar if you have time, but as it's a bit longer than the others, any will do...even non-HP fics...I just want to see what you think of my writing). I'd be honored if you'd do that (and I'm completely sincere in saying that). Thank you so much, especially for writing these wonderful things, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Ciao,

Ivy :)
penhierarchy chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I loved this story. I thought it was really insightful and beautifully written.
Looney Looney Looney Luna chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
Wow...this is really, really well written.
mahima balaraj chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
my god, I love it! So sad... "sob"
Nameless161 chapter 1 . 3/31/2006
omFg! That was so totally amazing! I am close to bawling! Poor Moony! J.K. should be nicer to him.