Reviews for Halfway to Saving the World
Bertrand Banach-Tarski chapter 6 . 6/4/2006
LOL
WhitePlum chapter 6 . 5/23/2006
I enjoyed this story immensely. Rurouni Kenshin is another of my favourite animes, so I loved the characterisation of Hiko and Kenshin, wonderfully done. You captured Hiko's superior smug attitude very well, while at the same time showing his similarities to Hijikata. Cousins? I believe it! _ Fantastic humour. Kenshin being dropped into Okita's bath? Okita letting Kenshin go on one condition: a smile? Then Kenshin actually smiling? Too funny! Tetsu certainly is a cute one. But something tells me Susumu will *not* smile for him. Ever. _ Thanks for such a great story! I can't wait to read the sequel.
Katie chapter 6 . 5/17/2006
Great ending! Loved Suzu and Battousai's encounter! And Tetsu trying to convince Susumu to smile...ha ha, delightful!
Katie chapter 5 . 5/17/2006
*explodes in laughter* What can I say? Just..hilarious! You have some serious talent, man! _
Katie chapter 4 . 5/17/2006
That was so good! Loved the conversation between Souji and Kenshin. And how Souji got him to smile...aw.
Katie chapter 3 . 5/17/2006
That was SO funny! Dumping Kenshin into Hijikata's bath? Buhahaha! Classic moment. Love it!

And hee, Souji's so smart and cute. How he can just figure Hijikata out!
Katie chapter 2 . 5/17/2006
Haha, what a capture! Absolutely love the way you write the comedian trio, your insight is fantastic! Love the part where Kenshin corrected Hijikata, in how many men he killed...lol...and Souji chatting away with him..lol! Can't wait to see what they're going to do next.
Katie chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Hahahah! Hiko's great plan! But will it work? Loved the part about the redheads. I was thinking the same thing! _
rustygirl chapter 6 . 5/15/2006
Brilliant story you have here! I've been enjoying this story quite thoroughly, and am sad to see it end. A strong plot, great humour, and great interaction between all the characters! Hiko was great, and Kenshin and Souji were adorable. _ Especially what Souji wanted in return, when he let Kenshin go! Tetsu's thoughts throughout were a delight to read, and I love how it went back to him at the end.

Delightful!
anaemicfaeries chapter 6 . 5/15/2006
A very enjoyable story, we just can't stop quoting from it! _

Loved the premise, and the fact that Toshi and Hiko are cousins, and Hiko's grand plan...Buhahaha! And then of course Souji's interogation and deal with Kenshin...

A crossover that really worked! It was funny, it was sad, it was poignant...and the way it ended was just great.

Can't wait to read the sequel!
charmed-sword chapter 6 . 5/7/2006
Wonderful ending! Though I'm sad to see it end, I can't wait to start reading the sequel!

I loved Battousai's meeting with Suzu. And then their squabbling..and then Katsura making them say something nice...buhahahaa!

As for Tetsu...*giggle* That will definitely be interesting! Poor Susumu. _

And I would LOVE to see the fan art!
charmed-sword chapter 5 . 5/7/2006
Awesome chapter, as always.

Loved Souji's insightful explanation for what he did, and how he duped Hijikata...hahaha! Of course he'd fall for it.

And then Hiko...and his comments..especially towards Souji, my did I have a serious case of the giggles!

Hiko's scary mom...now that's one helluva mental picture! _

The description of Hiko's sword was as funny as it was appropriate, and then Tetsu's thoughts as Hiko left...

*scramnbles excitedly to next chapter*
charmed-sword chapter 4 . 5/7/2006
Wow. I really loved this chapter.

How it's a mix of humour and seriousness, and the insight into both Souji and Kenshin...

ah, so Souji set him free. That kind of ruins Hiko's plan though, doesn't it? He he, can't wait to see what happens next!

P.S. Souji got Kenshin to SMILE? *dies*
charmed-sword chapter 3 . 5/7/2006
Giving Kenshin a bath? Buahahahaa!

Oh my, this chapter was simply too hilarious!

I loved every bit, especially when they discovered who else was in the bath, LOL!

Hijikata's health spa comment was just too funny, as well as perfectly in character. (Remember the daycare line? _)

And then him being unable to torture Kenshin because of Souji..and then Souji giving him the answer...ha ha!
charmed-sword chapter 2 . 5/7/2006
An excellent chapter! It was so nice finally getting some time to come back and continue reading this story. The Shinsengumi's plan was pretty clever, and so like Sano to get himself hurt and then complain about it afterwards. _ The mule comments had me in hysterics!

Kenshin fighting madly, even when poisoned, is so in character for him. And Souji being the guard? Hahaha! Loved Souji's babbling too. Can't wait to read more!